Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Victini

Votes: 33 19.5%
  • Volcanion

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Volcarona

Votes: 24 14.2%

• Total voters
You and Zone are responsible for keeping Regieleki in OU and I hope you can sleep at night with that weight on your conscience.
I still prefer Pressure on Weavile as it eventually gives important information about possible Scarf but Pickpocket is a hot choice.
Congratulations on another good job.

I remember when you first showed me this sun, I thought that sun was unviable and sun in general as well. However, the Bisharp to Weavile change makes this sun far more consistent outside of sun as it's faster, less hit or miss in match-ups and pairs well with sun breakers seamlessly. Regeleki fits incredibly well on sun with the fast spin, pressuring of grounds and speed outside of sun. My only "issue" is Venusaur being the only water resist, but this team now has the speed to play aggressively in and out of sun to make up for that. I was wrong on sun being unviable and congrats on making a well built sun team in the current meta! (It's hard lol)

Last edited:
What do you do against Volcanion? I thought it should be on the threat list.
Yea Volcanion can definitely be scary. Play aggressively facing it, you can often bait Steam Eruption in the Sun into Regieleki or Venusaur. Also Torkoal lives a non Specs Steam Eruption and uses Toxic or SR. Landorus in Sun also lives Steam Eruption into Flamethrower.

coming back to say that this team is, as advertised, pretty hard to use, but the detailed tips have gone a long way. happy to keep regie in OU :o)

I did notice in some replays Weavile was banded -- any particular reason why the change to boots instead? (and was it adamant banded?) thanks again.

edit: I did see your reply to smashburn about why boots weavile is nice, my b
edit 2: venu running solar beam, I guess this was testing phase

Last edited:
coming back to say that this team is, as advertised, pretty hard to use, but the detailed tips have gone a long way. happy to keep regie in OU :o)

I did notice in some replays Weavile was banded -- any particular reason why the change to boots instead? (and was it adamant banded?) thanks again.

edit: I did see your reply to smashburn about why boots weavile is nice, my b
edit 2: venu running solar beam, I guess this was testing phase
Yea some replays have slightly different sets, I thought it was best to include them since it was similar enough and added additional content. As for the Weavile, CB can still work fine, and yes it was Adamant (im greedy asf lol).

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey great presentation thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Congrats on peaking #1. I was watching some of your replays Torkoals defensive typing is underrated, really vital to this team.

Yxzwilliam

Banned deucer.
what do you mean by apply pressure to ground types? Anyways great team, and if your could answer my question thank you beacuase i dont understand .

Just curious, did you use eleki because you wanted to make it work or because you actually think it was the right mon on your team? I see you using mons that are never used in ou on your teams a lot

Just curious, did you use eleki because you wanted to make it work or because you actually think it was the right mon on your team? I see you using mons that are never used in ou on your teams a lot

what do you mean by apply pressure to ground types? Anyways great team, and if your could answer my question thank you beacuase i dont understand .

Leki provides reliable hazard removal for sun and has shared checks with torkoal and heatran. Grounds are pressured to check all 3 and regieleki can be a terrifying cleaner once the opposing ground is removed

So Grounds can't risk switching into heatran and torkoal safely because both threaten toxic or in heatran case powerful eruptions in sun And these put grounds on a timer and risk opening up a hole in their team to leki. Since the Grounds can't switchin or stay in safely heatran and especially torkoal have more free reign.

I think they use these mons because they provide utility to teams that is often overlooked since they aren't standard " OU " mons.

Leki provides reliable hazard removal for sun and has shared checks with torkoal and heatran. Grounds are pressured to check all 3 and regieleki can be a terrifying cleaner once the opposing ground is removed

So Grounds can't risk switching into heatran and torkoal safely because both threaten toxic or in heatran case powerful eruptions in sun And these put grounds on a timer and risk opening up a hole in their team to leki. Since the Grounds can't switchin or stay in safely heatran and especially torkoal have more free reign.

I think they use these mons because they provide utility to teams that is often overlooked since they aren't standard " OU " mons.
eleki is NOT a reliable hazard removal, it has paper thin bulk and a bad defensive typing and can't switch into anything really unlike other defoggers like torn, lando, and corvi

eleki is NOT a reliable hazard removal, it has paper thin bulk and a bad defensive typing and can't switch into anything really unlike other defoggers like torn, lando, and corvi
It doesn't need bulk when it outspeeds the entire unboosted( and even much of the boosted ) metagame and forces many switches. This is also shown throughout the replays listed

It doesn't need bulk when it outspeeds the entire unboosted( and even much of the boosted ) metagame and forces many switches. This is also shown throughout the replays listed
Yes, this is basically it. Regieleki is absolutely sufficient removal on a fast paced offense HO type of team. It also synergizes very well with Heatran and Torkoal as explained above by Lord Xen. My use of Regieleki has nothing to do with me loving it, and everything to do with it just fitting very well on the sun archetype.

hey quick question i saw this team and i dont see z moves or megas which is good cuz i play on a pixelmon server that doesnt use z moves or megas do u think its still viable its national dex but no megas or z moves? if so its worth spending 10 hours studying the team <3

hey quick question i saw this team and i dont see z moves or megas which is good cuz i play on a pixelmon server that doesnt use z moves or megas do u think its still viable its national dex but no megas or z moves? if so its worth spending 10 hours studying the team <3
I can't vouch for this team in any other metagames. I imagine it would be viable, but I honestly have no idea.

I play a lot of natdex and a natdex draft league where there's no z moves and I'd say this is plenty fine for megaless, z-moveless natdex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)