Nero (The Artist That Has Nothing To Do With The Team Lol)

Hello, I'm Psylink, I do RU, blah blah blah. One thing though, I used to suck at RU. I don't now, thanks to EonX-, a new tutor at Battling 101! I was his first tutee, which is cool. Using his tricks, I made this bulky offensive team! Here it is!

Oh, before I start, I'd like to say that the members may seem odd for RU, or have redundant roles, but they're for synergy. With synergy, you can get many things done! Anyways...

2808 (Accelgor) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast

This is the one of the only things on this team that isn't bulky. Standard Accelgor, I know. I'm having some doubts about Final Gambit. I've only used it once, to take out a Kabutops which my team couldn't handle in a beta version, but now I have a fix. Is there something else I can use it for? I also have one other problem: There are situations where I feel leading with Accelgor would be counterproductive. To get to the point, they get hazards up, Accelgor loses it's Sash, and get's killed by an Entei usually, only getting one layer of Spikes up. How could I remedy this? Should I use a different Pokemon?

Welcome Reality (Gallade) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Zen Headbutt

My non-bulky setup sweeper, lol. I feel that most Gallade I see these days are either Bulky Swords Dance or Specially Defensive. This one is the original: Offensive Swords Dance. Not only is it a sweeper, but it's also my check to other Gallade (in particular those with Close Combat), Medicham, and others. The set itself is standard, but that's to be expected on the ladder. Zen Headbutt has really only been useful for Amoonguss, so do you have any ideas on a replacement?

Scorpions (Drapion) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Finally, something bulky, right? Drapion is crucial to the team. It's my check to Grass and Psychic-types that Gallade can't mow through with Shadow Sneak. Crunch and Pursuit are for fun mindgames with Psychic-types, Earthquake for incoming Qwilfish and Amoonguss, and Poison Jab is for the Grass-types if they come in, such as Sceptile, Lilligant, and others. EVs are mostly standard. I've been having trouble with Lilligant lately, but I think it's because I forget that it usually runs Sleep Powder. It's status at all, really. I might replace my Samurott, but it hits so much harder than Lanturn, and has batter coverage. What will I do?

This Way (Eelektross) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 HP
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

This is my first Pokemon that makes me think this team is somewhat creative. You might think: "Why couldn't you use Rotom-C or Manectric?". The reason is synergy, as I said in the beginning. Eelektross has no weaknesses, and if I used Rotom-C, I would have a weakness to Ice later, which would suck if Hail was still around (haven't bothered to check yet lol). Also, if I used any other Electric-type, I would be weak to Ground. That would mean Sandslash would give me grief, and besides, I already have no spinblocker. Other than synergy, Eelektross hits hard on both the Special side and the physical side, and it probably has the best Special movepool in all of NU, and RU for that matter. With that aside, I used the Smogon set there, too. One thing that sucks is that it's SOOOOOO slow, but hey, that's OK.

New Life (Samurott) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 84 Atk / 244 Spd / 180 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

The other awesome part of this team: Samurott! This set hits decetpively hard, and usually is Grass bait, but that's OK, I got Ice Beam! This, along with every team member except Druddigon, is irreplacable unless you can find someone better for the job. But in all seriousness, look at that coverage! It hits most of RU for SE damage. I don't really have much to say.

Doomsday (Druddigon)@ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 20 Spd / 252 Atk / 236 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

I recently changed this set from Mixed (was redundant) to SR (Stealth Rocks!). Druddigon provides the all important Hazards, as well as dishes out damage with Dragon Claw, EQ, and SP. He also gives me many resistances that help out the team. I might change his item and ability back to LO/SF.

Conclusion

So, that's my team! Give me a rate, and maybe even a Luvdisc, and of course, take it easy!

Last edited:
Threat List

Lilligant: Can Sleep Powder Drapion/Samurott, and mows through Samurott. Druddigon walls it if it doesn't run HP Ice. If it does, I'm screwed.

There are probably others I'm forgetting, tell me down below, and I'll add 'em if you don't suggest changes to the team to fix that. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the rate! I feel that I lack Ground type moves on this team, so I won't replace Earthquake. I figured out how to get past it though: I need to remember Sleep Powder is there.

I also think I'm weak to Status moves. I would run Lanturn over Sammy, but Samurott is too important to give up with it's amazing power and coverage. Maybe replace Druddigon with Support Altaria? Probably not, but still.

About Moltres, I usually run Zen Headbutt to take care of Amoonguss and Qwilfish, but those two are covered by Eelektross, so I'll change Zen Headbutt to Stone Edge.

Also, I would post a ladder peak, but my deviation is too high with my alt. :(

| 38 | Moltres | 6.91902% | 4802 | 6.660% | 3898 | 6.572% |
| 17 | Tangrowth | 10.25180% | 6957 | 9.648% | 5791 | 9.763% |
I've only ever seen Moltres twice, but I've never had a tough time taking it down, Samurott does the job. I've switched back to Zen Headbutt. My only concern with that is that I'll have trouble with Entei once I replace EQ. Examples of high damage to checks:

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Samurott: 188-222 (56.79 - 67.06%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 180-212 (50.84 - 59.88%) -- 85.94% chance to 2HKO

Plus:

252 Atk Choice Band Drapion Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Entei: 292-344 (78.7 - 92.72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Add some Rough Skin action and some hazards, and it's mostly taken care of.

I'll try it out, but if I need to swap a Pokemon that can stay alive the entire match, set up Spikes (could do SR too to relieve pressure off Druddigon), and be able to take out Moltres and Entei, I'll do it. I'll think of some, but feel free to suggest things. I'm think Crustle, but he may might cause synergy problems.

Hey, nice team! I'm not home right now but still want to suggest you bulky Rotom. It functions as a spinblocker (the only reliable one that can beat Kabutops if memory serves) and walls threats like Escavalier all day. It isn't slow, either, with 91 base speed. It packs decent power for a wall. With levitate, there is no adder ground weakness. I'll post a full rate later. Keep in mind of your weaknesses!

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
From what I read, I see that Gallade is your main finisher and Samurott is wallbreaker.

First, I find that Drapion's spot is better served by Spiritomb. Ideally, you want to utilize hazards to sweep with Gallade and right now with no spinblocker it's gonna be hard with a bulky offensive team to maintain that pressure to keep the opponent from spinning. Spritomb acts as the spinblocker and Pursuit-user to make sure that Gallade's sweep isn't cut short by other Spiritomb, Uxie, or a persistent Slowking. It also helps with offensive Lilligants once Sleep Clause is induced with Sucker Punch--same with Druddigon as it can KO with Dragon Claw / Sucker Punch. I suggest an offensive set with BlackGlasses.

& BlackGlasses
Infiltrator | Adamant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
-Pursuit
-Sucker Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-O-Wisp

Second, you do have a large problem with offensive Moltres as nothing outspeeds bar Accelgor, and it can proceed to decimate your team. I find that while Eel is awesome to have synergy-wise and it's a good mixed attacker, but with Samurott doing the mixed damage it's a little redundant. Going with Lanturn would hurt your momentum and it's not gonna do any effective damage. A good offensive-partner is Aerodactyl. It can take any attack and Roost off the damage or KO quickly with Stone Edge, and with Fire Blast it helps Samurott against Ferroseed and against opposing Durant.

&Life Orb
Hasty | Rock Head
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Roost

gl!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)