National Dex ND OU Electric Terrain Team

I built this team because I was really interested in Unburden+Acrobatics and the Future Paradox Pokemon, so I decided to sit down and make a viable E-Terrain team to hopefully use on ladder. I already had an idea of what I could start with. I started with my terrain setter, Tapu Koko. Next I wanted a paradox mon, and settled on Iron Valiant. Iron Valiant is an obviously offensively geared mon, and at first I saw that it had a higher physical attack stat, and I made its moveset Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Close Combat, and Spirit Break. Next, I needed an Electric Seed User. On seeing that Sneasler was in Ubers and banned, I settled on Hawlucha, who got STAB on acrobatics. I rounded out the team with Garchomp-M (a terrifying wallbreaker), Glimmora (to set and soak up toxic spikes), and Mew (because I like mewing and cosmic power tactics appeared to be strong).

1711500591043.png

Koko (Tapu Koko) @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Tapu Koko is my primary terrain setter and the mon I use to lead with most of the time. It holds light clay to extend its dual-screens, and a tera-type of dark was chosen to become immune to Prankster. Taunt also shuts down support mons and hazard leads. Volt Switch was chosen for pivoting power. I've learned that keeping Tapu Koko alive is a neccesaty, as both Iron Valiant and Hawlucha need this to function really well. However, if I see no choice but to sacrifice one Pokemon, I usually choose this.

1711495495317.png

Gallevoir (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Iron Valiant is terrifying in some scenarios. Initially, I had a physical set with swords dance, but later I realized that calm mind would probably be better. Moonblast and Focus Blast are its stab moves, and Thunderbolt can surprise pesky flying types and water types. E-terrain is much appreciated, however, it can still function without it as booster energy activates. A timid nature was chosen to improve its speed because calm mind could be used to increase special stats.

1711495771370.png

Glider (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick

Hawlucha completes the electric-terrain core. Hawlucha is a literal monster if it can get off a swords dance. When unburden activates and it is at +2 attack, both stats will be in the 600s (if it is at lvl 100). Hawlucha excels at sweeping/wallbreaking, although its defense is a bit lacking unless it is on electric terrain. Be warned though, on many occasions foes have terastelized to steel in order to resist acrobatics. If possible, predict this and go for high jump kick. If this is a little risky, close combat is also a solid choice.

1711495919251.png

Shark (Garchomp-Mega) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Garchomp acts like a threatening early game wallbreaker or sweeper. This also fulfills the "Hawlucha" role of spamming moves like earthquake or scale shot. I do find that Garchomp is much appreciated, as I can choose to wallbreak with either Hawlucha or Mega Garchomp. The only downside is that both are weak to fairy and ice. If you know of any other megas that fulfill this role better, please let me know.

1711498988485.png

Genesis (Mew) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Ice Beam

Mew is just Mew. You may have heard about the notorious Clefairy cosmic power+stored power set. When I was playing a bit of VGC, I encountered that and narrowly won-by rolling two crits in a row. So I decided to make a better version of that-with Mew. At first, I thought that clear amulet prevented haze, but after facing down a Toxapex, I switched to Psychium Z, for more offensive pressure. Mew punishes overly passive teams and has saved my elo multiple times. I chose cosmic power and stored power for obvious reasons (raising defensive stats and using that to do more damage), roost for just healing (mew doesn't get recover wtf!?), and ice beam. Ice beam was chosen for the freeze chance, providing extra chances to spam cosmic power or switch in a powerful wallbreaker.

1711499561442.png

Glimmer (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Power Gem
- Earth Power

Glimmora is just a standard suided hazard lead. Although usually Koko goes in first, if I don't see a spinner or defogger, I lead with Glimmora. Not much to say here, it is really just a standard Glimmora. At least it can still be used offensively against ice types that threaten Garchomp and Hawlucha. Predicting and switching into physical attacks is crucial, because many know about the horrors of Toxic Debris, the reason why Glimmora has seen good usage.

I will admit that I'm suffering from a bit of 6th Pokemon syndrome here. Glimmora isn't as good as I thought it would be, so I have begun testing other options. Overall, the team works exactly as I thought it would. I do struggle fairly against toxic stall teams whenever I sub Glimmora out for a different mon. If any Pokemon should be replaced, I feel like it should either be Glimmora or M-Garchomp. Mainly Glimmora though. (I suck at battling so my elo is staying in the 1400s rn.)

Your team is quite interesting with a good core, but I have a few suggestions to maybe improve your team.

You could replace Mega Garchomp with Mega Charizard X. Fairy and Ice are both neutral against it, and it is also a decent wallbreaker. A set with Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch (or some other fire move) and Earthquake make for a threatening mon to deal with. However, it would give you another ground weakness, which your team doesn't do too well against.

You could also replace Glimmora with Hisuian-Samurott with sash. Get spikes up, and weaken the ground types that threaten your team with strong water STAB. Could also get a surprise KO with sucker punch/aqua jet.

Also you should replace volt switch with u-turn on Koko, so ground types don't stop you even further. Of course, I'm not the best at team-building myself, but I hope my suggestions help you in way or the other!

Your team is quite interesting with a good core, but I have a few suggestions to maybe improve your team.

You could replace Mega Garchomp with Mega Charizard X. Fairy and Ice are both neutral against it, and it is also a decent wallbreaker. A set with Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch (or some other fire move) and Earthquake make for a threatening mon to deal with. However, it would give you another ground weakness, which your team doesn't do too well against.

You could also replace Glimmora with Hisuian-Samurott with sash. Get spikes up, and weaken the ground types that threaten your team with strong water STAB. Could also get a surprise KO with sucker punch/aqua jet.

Also you should replace volt switch with u-turn on Koko, so ground types don't stop you even further. Of course, I'm not the best at team-building myself, but I hope my suggestions help you in way or the other!
I'm not sure about adding another ground weakness, in fact it probably wants a ground Immunity that can actually come in safely on ground stab users (lucha can't do this well due to poor defenses). A landorus therian would provide you momentum and Intimidate support which allows you to Bring lucha in safer.

Another thing is that fact that idt glimm fits here, shifu rapid may be a better fit. As previously mentioned hamu does sort of fill the role, but shifu provides a better form of breaking with band.

Not loving high jump kick on lucha, cc is a better, safer option. And yeah turn over volt switch on koko to pivot out on grounds.

Cool concept but probably needs work

I'm not sure about adding another ground weakness, in fact it probably wants a ground Immunity that can actually come in safely on ground stab users (lucha can't do this well due to poor defenses). A landorus therian would provide you momentum and Intimidate support which allows you to Bring lucha in safer.

Another thing is that fact that idt glimm fits here, shifu rapid may be a better fit. As previously mentioned hamu does sort of fill the role, but shifu provides a better form of breaking with band.

Not loving high jump kick on lucha, cc is a better, safer option. And yeah turn over volt switch on koko to pivot out on grounds.

Cool concept but probably needs work
Urshifu-R is actually really good. I replaced Garchomp-M with choice band Urshifu, which doesn't require a bit of setup (like Hawlucha or Chomp) and the ability to break the sash with Surging Strikes is really good. I'm not so sure about Landorus-T, though I may consider a different ground-flying type (hint hint) to help with hazards. I didn't realize that High jump kick only had 10 more bp than close combat, so I replaced it with cc.

I realize that Mew doesn't synergize with the rest of the team, so do you have any suggestions for a bulky mon to use?

I'm not the most experienced with team building, but have you considered using an Assault Vest Iron Hands? Works inside and outside of Electric Terrain, and Drain Punch could be ran to heal back damage take. If you still want to keep the Cosmic Power Stored Power set, you could maybe try Clefable? Has Cosmic Power, and can learn Charge Beam for more stat buffs for stronger Stored Powers.

1711495495317.png

Gallevoir (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
I don't think going Booster Energy is the play here. Although having a backup in case Electric Terrain is gone is alright, the lack of power from not holding items like Life Orb, Expert Belt or even Electrium Z hurts. For example, Life Orb Iron Valiant has a chance to OHKO standard Defensive Corviknight after Stealth Rock, while non-LO can't.

252 SpA Life Orb Iron Valiant Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Corviknight in Electric Terrain: 330-390 (82.7 - 97.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Iron Valiant Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Corviknight in Electric Terrain: 254-300 (63.6 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

1711495771370.png

Glider (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
Going U-Turn on an Unburden sweeper is kinda pointless, since you lose all your boosts, as well as your Unburden ability upon switching out. Going for Encore to punish status moves like Stealth Rock, or Substitute to block status moves like Thunder Wave would be much better. High Jump Kick is also kinda eh, since Close Combat is basically a straight upgrade as it doesn't miss.

1711495919251.png

Shark (Garchomp-Mega) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
Aqua Tail on Mega Garchomp hits... nothing? You're better off going Fire Fang to hit Skarmory and Corviknight super-effectively because those two wall you pretty easily with this moveset.

1711498988485.png

Genesis (Mew) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Ice Beam
Demon Mew usually wants Body Press to more effectively threaten Dark-types like Mega Tyranitar and Darkrai. Demon Mew usually runs 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe with a Jolly Nature to be as fast as possible, or 232 Spe to outspeed Urshifu-R. Covert Cloak is really useful to block Salt Cure from Garganacl as well as random secondary effects like Poison, Paralysis and stat drops, while Tera Poison is needed to stop Toxic from ruining the whole loadout. Relying on Freeze chance is pretty odd since you have Dual Screens to setup with too.

1711499561442.png

Glimmer (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
Personally, Glimmora wouldn't work on this team, since between this and Tapu Koko, you're opening in a match is pretty passive as you're forced to setup both hazards and screens. This also limits your breaking possibilities too. Mega Scizor could be a solid teammate instead, offering priority for the team, a Toxic immunity and a way of beating other HO teams. Iron Crown directly benefits from Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain while also having a toxic immunity, being able to hit Poison-types like Toxapex or Mega Venusaur with Stored Power on its sweeping sets, although this does mean you could replace Mew with someone else, like the aforementioned Urshifu-R or Volcarona.

I don't think going Booster Energy is the play here. Although having a backup in case Electric Terrain is gone is alright, the lack of power from not holding items like Life Orb, Expert Belt or even Electrium Z hurts. For example, Life Orb Iron Valiant has a chance to OHKO standard Defensive Corviknight after Stealth Rock, while non-LO can't.

252 SpA Life Orb Iron Valiant Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Corviknight in Electric Terrain: 330-390 (82.7 - 97.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Iron Valiant Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Corviknight in Electric Terrain: 254-300 (63.6 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Going U-Turn on an Unburden sweeper is kinda pointless, since you lose all your boosts, as well as your Unburden ability upon switching out. Going for Encore to punish status moves like Stealth Rock, or Substitute to block status moves like Thunder Wave would be much better. High Jump Kick is also kinda eh, since Close Combat is basically a straight upgrade as it doesn't miss.

Aqua Tail on Mega Garchomp hits... nothing? You're better off going Fire Fang to hit Skarmory and Corviknight super-effectively because those two wall you pretty easily with this moveset.

Demon Mew usually wants Body Press to more effectively threaten Dark-types like Mega Tyranitar and Darkrai. Demon Mew usually runs 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe with a Jolly Nature to be as fast as possible, or 232 Spe to outspeed Urshifu-R. Covert Cloak is really useful to block Salt Cure from Garganacl as well as random secondary effects like Poison, Paralysis and stat drops, while Tera Poison is needed to stop Toxic from ruining the whole loadout. Relying on Freeze chance is pretty odd since you have Dual Screens to setup with too.

Personally, Glimmora wouldn't work on this team, since between this and Tapu Koko, you're opening in a match is pretty passive as you're forced to setup both hazards and screens. This also limits your breaking possibilities too. Mega Scizor could be a solid teammate instead, offering priority for the team, a Toxic immunity and a way of beating other HO teams. Iron Crown directly benefits from Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain while also having a toxic immunity, being able to hit Poison-types like Toxapex or Mega Venusaur with Stored Power on its sweeping sets, although this does mean you could replace Mew with someone else, like the aforementioned Urshifu-R or Volcarona.
Personally I prefer sub on lucha, didn't even realise he was U-turn or booster on Val. Yeah booster Val is a waste on Eterrain when you could be running lo. Idet glimm or mchomp are needed and I have made suggestions to replace this with already. Body Press on mew is Def the right call on cosmic power tho, let's you benefit from the defense boosts more and let's you hit dark types better. Idk bout psych zs necessity on mew, lefties would prob be better.

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi, nice team but It definitely needs some tweaks to fix common issues with this style of HO build.

1. Two Hazard Leads + Lack of Breaking Power

having both lead :glimmora: and lead screens :tapu-koko: is a bad idea on a HO team as this leaves you way to weak to defog removal which you have no way of preventing on this team. On eterrain the answer here is to drop glimmora. if you really want rocks on this type of build the best solution is to roll compress rocks onto another mon such as :landorus:, :heatran: or even :garchomp:, of these I would recommend :heatran: to give your team a much needed fairy switchin.

:sv/glimmora: -----> :sv/heatran:
the set I would recommend for heatran is
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
which will allow you to actually break stall using a combination of taunt and magma storm which most of the other mons will fail to do, you also now have a consistent fairy/psychic resist to help with the :tapu-lele: matchup. This fixes two issues in one change.

2. Bad Movesets
:hawlucha: , :garchomp-mega:,:tapu-koko: and :mew: all need adjustments to their movesets to function properly. For starters

:hawlucha: has high jump kick and u-turn, both of which are sub optimal. Close Combat is better than risking your sweep on HJK and u-turn makes no sense on an unburden sweeper. The new Ev spread I would suggest for :hawlucha: is:
:sv/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Encore / Substitute / Stone Edge

This is more than enough speed to outspeed mons such as :excadrill: under sand and +1 :iron-boulder:, while having enough bulk to eat a moonblast from :clefable: and 2hko with acrobaticsthe last slot is variable but all three are good options, stone edge helping with :zapdos: and :moltres: in particular.

Demon :mew: definitely needs some tweaks as this set is slower than a lot of common toxic users and has no way to block status and will not break mons such as :toxapex: that pack haze, here we have another breaker that does not break. Set tweaks I would suggest are changing the EV's to 252hp/4 whatever /252+spe with a -atk nature to minimize foul play damage. Weakness policy is also the best item for a defence boosting set especially one packing stored power however covert cloak is also viable if you find yourself particularly annoyed by secondary effects or salt cure. You can choose between taunt and body press as the 1st moveslot and each has advantages, taunt is much stronger vs defensive teams blocking status and recovery, while body press lets you hit dark types common on more offensive teams. Without taunt you will often be forced to terastalize into poison type to block incoming toxic and stop haze. The set I recommend for :mew: is
:sv/mew:
Mew @ Weakness Policy
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Body Press / Taunt
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Cosmic Power

As for :garchomp-mega: the EV's are good but there is no reason to use aqua tail on this mon, you are much better off using fire fang to hit :corviknight: :skarmory: :scizor-mega: :ferrothorn:.

For :tapu-koko: changing volt switch to u-turn provides much more consistency on these sets and is generally a better option however this change is preference and entirely optional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)