Mixed (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice / Stealth Rock / Spikes

Mega Garchomp harbors a staggering base Attack stat in addition to a respectable Special Attack stat, which including it's excellent typing, colorful coverage and powerful STAB moves in Earthquake and Draco Meteor allows it to be a mixed wallbreaker that can damage common defensive cores like Toxapex, Landorus-T, and Corviknight with its unpredictable moveset. Earthquake is a reliable STAB move that can hit most targets for great neutral damage and especially threaten the likes of Galarian Slowking and Heatran. Draco Meteor is it's secondary STAB option, being able to hit physically defensive foes that could otherwise sit on its attacks, like Great Tusk, Dondozo, and opposing Defensive Garchomp. Fire Blast is a strong coverage move in which it can hit common switch-ins such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, Corviknight, and Rillaboom. Hidden Power Ice can surprise Landorus-T, which is especially important in that it's commonly the only Ground immune in it's structure, freeing Mega Garchomp to fire Earthquakes without being annoyed by Flying types. Conversely, Stealth Rock or Spikes can be an alternative, setting hazards when applying pressure to switch out. Usually, Stealth Rock is preferred over Spikes due to it's variability and better consistency in damage, unless another teammate is already setting Stealth Rock. Teammates like Zamazenta and Iron Crown can support Mega Garchomp in defending it, as Zamazenta can commonly threaten fast Ice types with its strong Fighting moves, and Iron Crown can provide Future Sight support while also applying pressure to Fairies with its reliable Steel STAB. However, Mega Garchomp's middling speed leaves it often threatened by fast, offensive checks such as Specs Iron Valiant and Choice Band Weavile that can hit Mega Garchomp for super-effective damage, so partners such as Slowking-Galar and Toxapex can help take soak up those hits respectively, both additionally offering pivot opportunities. Due to Mega Garchomp's glaring Ice weakness, a dedicated resist, like Iron Crown or Toxapex, is highly reccomended.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/boppydop.662575/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/red-fintans.637479/
User link 2 here
Grammar Checked by:
User link here

Last edited:

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
[SET]
Mixed (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice / Stealth Rock / Spikes

Mega Garchomp harbors a staggering base Attack stat in addition to a respectable Special Attack stat, which including it's excellent typing, colorful coverage and powerful STAB moves in Earthquake and Draco Meteor allows it to be a mixed wallbreaker that can damage common defensive cores like Toxapex, Landorus-T, and Corviknight with its unpredictable moveset. Earthquake is a reliable STAB move that can hit for great neutral damage, while also threatening the likes of Slowking-Galar and Heatran. Earthquake is a reliable STAB move that can hit most targets for great neutral damage and especially threaten the likes of Galarian Slowking and Heatran. <= sentence is structured a bit weird, hit for neutral damage then describe super effective targets Draco Meteor is it's secondary STAB option, being able to hit physically defensive foes that could otherwise sit on its attacks, like Great Tusk, Dondozo, and opposing Defensive Garchomp. Fire Blast is a strong coverage move in which it can hit common switch-ins such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Corviknight, and Rillaboom worth mentioning rilla here, i find it annoying when playing mchomp. Hidden Power Ice can deal consistent damage against Landorus-T and Gliscor elab a bit more on this, lando is a HUGE target to open up for itself and team since lando teams usually dont have another ground immune, or conversely, Stealth Rock or Spikes can be an alternative, setting hazards when applying pressure to switch out need to talk about how rocks > spikes unless u have another rocker. Teammates like Meowscarada and Zamazenta can take advantage that Mega Garchomp can often threaten it's checks, such as Ferrothorn, Toxapex, or Slowking-Galar meow is kinda irrelevant, this sentence as a whole isnt really valuable too, because it talks about mons that chomp threatens and teammates that benefit from chomp somehow killing them when they arent gonna stay in, talk about the other way around, teammates to lure/pressure chomp checks. However, Mega Garchomp's middling speed leaves it often threatened by fast, offensive checks such as Specs Iron Valiant and Choice Band Weavile that can hit Mega Garchomp for super-effective damage, so partners such as Slowking-Galar and Toxapex can help take soak up those hits respectively, both additionally offering pivot opportunites. u need a dedicated ice switchin!
ping for 1/2

ready for qc 2 :psywoke:
srry for kinda late, i was relatively busy this week

some notes i felt like i wanted to mention(general analysis writing stuff):
- having pressuring teammates before chomp's checks are awkward bc im mentioning what beats chomp's checks b4 mentioning chomp's checks
- noting that lando core teams dont have another ground immune is contradictory to the core mentioned at the beginning that mchomp can break(pex/corv/lando)
- how should i note when i should elab and when i shouldn't? basically im not sure how much to explain of a topic(this case sr)
- uh i mentioned crown bc i feel like gking fits more as a teammate to switch into fairy moves rather than pressuring fairy types, but i feel like crown isnt rlly meta-relevant and kinda niche, is it ok to mention gking as a slot for both?
- lotta shit is repetitive, how closely should i watch repetitiveness? i feel like im mentioning a lot of things as roles that could help chomp out at different things(gking being a goat, for one)

Last edited:

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
this wasnt 1/2 before but should be now

- having pressuring teammates before chomp's checks are awkward bc im mentioning what beats chomp's checks b4 mentioning chomp's checks
ill cover this in the check below
- noting that lando core teams dont have another ground immune is contradictory to the core mentioned at the beginning that mchomp can break(pex/corv/lando)
i thought you meant those as individual mons rather than a core, since cores are denoted by (x + y + z) instead of (x, y, and z)
i would check with the others on whether lando teams run another flying but i dont see lando + corv often and nobody is doing lando + glisc... if this is false checker 2 will notice
- how should i note when i should elab and when i shouldn't? basically im not sure how much to explain of a topic(this case sr)
ill do that for you this time :P but basically anything important elaborate, anything not so much just mention
- uh i mentioned crown bc i feel like gking fits more as a teammate to switch into fairy moves rather than pressuring fairy types, but i feel like crown isnt rlly meta-relevant and kinda niche, is it ok to mention gking as a slot for both?
crown is ok but gking is better
- lotta shit is repetitive, how closely should i watch repetitiveness? i feel like im mentioning a lot of things as roles that could help chomp out at different things(gking being a goat, for one)
its ok since ur covering different things that they do

Mega Garchomp harbors a staggering base Attack stat in addition to a respectable Special Attack stat, which including it's excellent typing, colorful coverage and powerful STAB moves in Earthquake and Draco Meteor allows it to be a mixed wallbreaker that can damage common defensive cores foes like Toxapex, Landorus-T, and Corviknight with its unpredictable moveset. Earthquake is a reliable STAB move that can hit most targets for great neutral damage and especially threaten the likes of Galarian Slowking and Heatran. Draco Meteor is it's secondary STAB option, being able to hit physically defensive foes that could otherwise sit on its attacks, like Great Tusk, Dondozo, and opposing Defensive Garchomp. Fire Blast is a strong coverage move in which it can hit common switch-ins such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, Corviknight, and Rillaboom. Hidden Power Ice can surprise Landorus-T and Gliscor this was ok, which is especially important in that it's they are commonly the only Ground immune in it's their structure, freeing Mega Garchomp to fire Earthquakes without being annoyed by Flying types. Conversely, Stealth Rock or Spikes can be an alternative, setting hazards when applying pressure to switch out. Usually, Stealth Rock is preferred over Spikes due to it's variability and better consistency in damage, unless another teammate is already setting Stealth Rock. Spikes can also be used if a teammate is already running Stealth Rock. not THAT important = mention Teammates like Zamazenta and Iron Crown can support Mega Garchomp in defending it, as Zamazenta can commonly threaten fast Ice types with its strong Fighting moves, and Iron Crown can provide Future Sight support while also applying pressure to Fairies with its reliable Steel STAB. Despite <good traits>, Mega Garchomp still has trouble breaking through <mainly tera checks like fairy arch&bolt ghost ferro grass tran>, therefore teammates that can take advantage of forcing these foes to Tera and remove them, such as <kart/crown, lele, weav>, are useful. here we talking about mons that can remove terad checks However Additionally me is GPer, Mega Garchomp's middling speed leaves it often threatened by fast, offensive checks such as Specs Iron Valiant and Choice Band Weavile that can hit Mega Garchomp for super-effective damage, so partners such as Slowking-Galar and Toxapex can help take soak up those hits respectively, both additionally offering pivot opportunities. Due to Mega Garchomp's glaring Ice weakness, a dedicated resist, like Iron Crown or Toxapex, is highly reccomended. in hindsight this isnt really needed as mentioning weav check covers this already
1/2 now, stamping
real stamp small qc.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)