Just let me Dance - Hyper Offensive / Ranked : 1912

Team Building Process
I wanted to make my team hit hard and sweep whenever I got the opportunity, and nobody does that better than Scizor and Dragonite! They both have good synergy with each other and both have priority moves making them an excellent pair!​
I knew popular common walls such as Jellicent,Ferrothorn,and Tentacruel would be a problem for my team, as they can ruin me with a toxic,willowisp or thunderwave. So I added this Ponymon to take care of them.​
I decided to add Ferrothorn to the team because he can take ice,electric,grass attacks,rock attacks aimed at my Dragonite and Keldeo anyday . Ferrothorn can also set up spikes and paralyze my opponent with a Thunderwave which is an important move if I want to sweep with Dragonite or Scizor.​
I needed a strong and fast rapid spinner, and sadly Donphan isn't fast enough so I chose Starmie. Making sure I don't have any stealth rocks up in the field is very important other Dragonite's multiscale is useless and I won't be able to sweep against some threats.​
Having my hazards up in the field is very important. It also makes Pokemon more easier to K-O . And making sure I stop other hazards and Pokemon for sweeping, I chose Gengar.​
Keldeo wasn't cutting it as a choice scarf user and I needed stealth rocks up in the field which is something Keldeo can't do, so he was replaced with a Mamoswine. Mamoswine can check threats that want to stop me from Sweeping. So I chose him.​

After hearing some suggestions,I wanted to try out lead Terrakion for a while, and it was going great except my team was vulnerable with faster foes with no iceshard.​
I decided to go back to Life Orbed Mamoswine, Shurtugal made a point where I need Mamoswine's ice shard for faster deadlier foes. I also replaced Ferrothorn with Skarmory because Ferrothorn was slowing down my momentum.
The thing that worries me is that you have a Scarf on Mamoswine when LO is really needed for the power and the ability to switch between attacks. His Ice Shard is key so things like opposing Dragonite, Double Dance Landorus-T, Venusaur, and Sun in general can't sweep you.

In Depth Analysis
Gengar @ Focus Sash​
Trait: Levitate​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP​
Timid Nature​
- Taunt​
- Destiny Bond​
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast​
I usually lead off with Gengar if I see my opponent doesn't carry a weather team. This gengar has me dismantle the establishment. People are never expecting a taunt from gengar cause you always see the most common moveset with substitute and disable . This particular moveset has helped me stop sweepers from sweeping and annoying Pokemon from getting their hazards up . Icy Wind is there just incase my opponent is scarfed or already has a +1 in speed I can make him slower. Also helps with Dragons and Garchomp leads. After hearing some suggestions, the I replaced Icy wind with Shadowball,and it's been helping me alot more!Shadowball was suggested by Shurtugal. Since I really don't have a solid counter for Ferrothorn which my team hates, Gengar's Destiny Bond usually takes care of him when Ferrothorn decides to use Gyro ball. Gengar helps me take care of some of the biggest threats for my team, like walls and heatran and other scarfed Pokemon. Focus Blast helps me deal with Heatran.​
Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Icicle Spear
This set was suggest by Shurtugal.
2. I would replace Choice Scarf Mamoswine for Life Orb Mamoswine. Granted, you become a bit prone to Rotom-W, but you have Dragonite so I wouldn't worry about it too much. (Most lead against Skarm anyway and you can find out what kind of set it is, so you can usually find out how to deal with it 1st turn since you'll know when to scout for choice-locked VSwitch or if it'll carry WoW, etc.). LO Mamoswine is also a good lure for most Rotom-W, seeing as how Superpower should be able to OHKO mid game, assuming you've put it into Superpower KO range (seeing as how Superpower should be doing around 84% and SR alone does 12% each time it comes in and VoltTurning teams always switch about). Anyway, most Rotom-W don't run max speed anymore and you can ultimately scout the speed tier with Skarm and you have Dragonite.
The addition of raw power of LO make Mamoswine's job (removing ThundyT, Lati@s, Venusaur, Sun) that much easier. I assume you'll be using Thick Fat with Ice Shard, Superpower, Earthquake, and Icicle [Crash / Spear]. I recommend Jolly, especially for hitting Tenta's, but that is solely up to you.​
On a Sun team, I lead off with Mamoswine to bury Ninetales with an Earthquake. Also helps me defeat baton pass teams.​
Starmie @ Life Orb​
Trait: Natural Cure​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature​
- Psyshock​
- Hydro Pump​
- Rapid Spin​
- Ice Beam​
Starmie's main job is to rapid spin away stealth rocks. If rocks aren't out of the field it will become a problem for Dragonite to sweep since MS is broken. It's extra bulk helps me switch into attacks my Pokemon are weak to.Psyshock has helped me out alot of times with walls. This set was suggested by Shurtugal.
4. I would change Starmie into a LO variant with maximum Special Attack and maximum Speed. Hitting bulky waters (aka Rotom-W). I recommend Psyshock so you hit SDef Rotom-W harder, as well as replacing HP Fire for Hydro Pump since, with LO, it should be doing at LEAST 87% (remeber VoltTurn is whittled down from Skarm's hazards), and this makes rain teams with Zor and Wash easier to handle since Zor would normally scoff at HP Fire in opposing rain. Hydro Pump also just hits a bunch of other things harder too. I'd replace Thunderbolt for Ice Beam or Recover since Thunderbolt isn't 2HKO'ing Jellicent anyway and Ice Beam is fallback for Dragonite, like you mention earlier or you could use the extra recover to allow it to spin multiple times vs. stall teams.
Skarmory @ Custap Berry​
Trait: Sturdy​
EVs: 246 HP / 88 Def / 174 SDef​
Jolly Nature​
- Stealth Rock​
- Spikes​
- Brave Bird​
- Taunt​
1. I would replace Ferrothorn for Custap Berry Skarmory. Ferrothorn kills all sorts of momentum you try to wrack up while Skarmory gives you hazards and more than enough momentum to work with. In fact, Custap Skarm + TauntSash Gengar are quite good at keeping SR of the field on non-Azelf or non-Aero teams. What's more -- most Aero or Azelf teams won't cary Starmie, so Gengar spinblocks very reliably as when you see teams with Starmie, they'll usually be partnered with things like SR Hippo or SR Jirachi that Skarm is more than capable of taunting on it's own.
The addition of faster spikes mid game and the ability to remove SR from Mamoswine helps with keep up fast momentum. Before you had said you kept Ferrothorn for ThundyT or Rotom-W, however, that brings me to my second suggestion.​
Shurtugal was right, Custap Skarm + TauntSash Gengar are quite good at keeping SR of the field on non-Azelf or non-Aero teams.And Skarmory is faster than Ferrothorn so it keeps up with the momentum of my team cause it's fairly offensive and fast. I usually lead of with Skarmory.
Dragonite @ Lum Berry​
Trait: Multiscale​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Adamant Nature​
- Dragon Dance​
- Dragon Claw​
- Fire Punch​
- ExtremeSpeed​
I usually have to sack one of Pokemon to get a switch into Dragonite and set up a Dragon Dance. Once stealth rocks have been removed from the field, I can successfully switch. The only Pokemon that walls Dragonite is Heatran and substitute Jirachi which Mamoswine can succesfully demolish with a single earthquake, if it carrys air ballon I have to play my cards carefully, thankfully I haven't ran into any air balloon heatrans so far.​
Scizor (M) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Technician​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP​
Jolly Nature​
- Bullet Punch​
- Swords Dance​
- Bug Bite​
- Superpower​
If my Dragonite fails to sweep, Scizor will just have to come and clean up the rest of the remaining trash on the field. I can pretty much OHKO everything if not 2HKO with stealth rocks + spikes up in the field. I can pretty much OHKO everything after spikes and stealth rocks.Here are some damage calculations.​
LO Superpower against full health TTar = OHKO​
+1 Superpower against full health Scizor = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Haxorus = OHKO​
+2 Superpower against full health Ferrothorn = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Terrakion = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Tyranitar = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Latios = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Latias = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Landrous = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Tornadus = OHKO​
+2 Superpower against full health Bronzong = OHKO​
+2 Bug Bite against full health Rotom-W = OHKO​
+2 Bug Bite against full health Politoad = OHKO​
+2 Superpower against full health Metagross with spikes = OHKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health Gliscor = 73%, 2HKO​
+2 Bullet Punch against full health with stealth rocks+spikes Chandalure = OHKO​
+2 Super Power against full health Skarmory = 70%, 2HKO​
+1 Bullet Punch against full health Lucario = 51%, 2HKO​

Conclusion
I managed to get a rank of 1912. But I still want to know how I can improve my team, so Pokemon/moveset suggestions are appreciated . Here's an importable :
Code:
Ninja (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Tato2772 (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Icicle Spear

Casper (Gengar) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Shuriken (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

IronBird (Skarmory) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 246 HP / 88 Def / 174 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

Leo (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
Replays
..........Vs a Baton Pass team : Playing as "Lyrics" : http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-40978402Playing as "Lyrics" - Ranked 1912 :http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-40986481

Cool Team!

This team is already really solid, so this will be a short rate. I don't exactly like your current Gengar set. Sure, it Focus Sash is awesome and all, but your wasting your spinblocker which is important on hazard based team like this. Try using a more Offensive set instead. Most spinners would love having you at low health, so they can finish you off with there weaker moves. Choice Scarf Mamoswine isn't really that viable as it used to be in the Genesect era where it lured common checks like Choice Scarf Heatran and Bulky Dragonite to it, and also Gyarados can be dealt a lot easier. You should run the standard Expert Belt set considering you hate recoil based on how you talked in the RMT. With this, Stealth Rock is easier to use and doesn't force you to switch. Choice Scarf Mamoswine has excellent priority as well, so the lack of a scarfer is easy to see.

Also, as I said before, Gengar should run a Substitute + Disable set to prevent tossing away your spinblocker. Obviously, you'd want to double switch against Starmie and revenge, but since your team has 3 priority users to stay over the curve, a scarfer isn't needed. I'd like to see Psyshock over Psychic on Starmie. It's more useful since it hits Chansey and Blissey harder who will wall you ones they see Psychic. Scizor looks fine, but you should try out U-turn over Bug Bite to gain momentum, although it's your choice, but definitely try Leftovers. You lose the OHKO on Gliscor, but it's extremely useful considering how slow Scizor is even with Max Speed and Jolly Nature. Speaking of which, go for Adamant, since the 30% losss in power will be 20% which is nice. Also, remove 4 HP EVs from Dragonite to make its HP odd, so it can switch into Stealth Rock the most amount of times.

Good Luck! n_n

Summary of Changes
  • Scizor
    • Leftovers > Life Orb
    • Adamant Nature > Jolly Nature
  • Mamoswine
Mamoswine | Expert Belt | Thick Fat
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Max IVs
Ice Shard | Icicle Spear | Earthquake | Stealth Rock
  • Starmie
    • Psyshock > Psychic
  • Dragonite
    • 4 Def > 4 HP
  • Gengar
    • SubDisable > Focus Sash

Gengar | Black Sludge | Levitate
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 0 Atk
Substitute | Disable | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast

Lead Terrakion>Sash Gengar

Scarf Gengar>Scarf Mamoswine

Mamoswine isn't really a good member to your team if your just gonna give it a scarf when you have a stealth rock set. Change Gengar into scarf so it can be a good revenge killer that can actually outspeed other scarfers and just get a lead Terrakion with Focus Sash for hazards. The reason why lead Terrakion is so good is because it has better speed than Mamoswine and it has access to taunt, while at the same time maintains offensive pressure. Also, if Air Balloon Heatran is a problem, then use Surf on Starmie over Hidden power fire and just put Hidden power fire on gengar. Oh yea a recommended set for Gengar is:

Gengar @ Choice scarf
252spe/252spatk/4def
~Hidden power [Fire]
~Icy Wind
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt

Thank you both for taking the time and viewing my team.
Cool Team!

This team is already really solid, so this will be a short rate. I don't exactly like your current Gengar set. Sure, it Focus Sash is awesome and all, but your wasting your spinblocker which is important on hazard based team like this. Try using a more Offensive set instead. Most spinners would love having you at low health, so they can finish you off with there weaker moves. Choice Scarf Mamoswine isn't really that viable as it used to be in the Genesect era where it lured common checks like Choice Scarf Heatran and Bulky Dragonite to it, and also Gyarados can be dealt a lot easier. You should run the standard Expert Belt set considering you hate recoil based on how you talked in the RMT. With this, Stealth Rock is easier to use and doesn't force you to switch. Choice Scarf Mamoswine has excellent priority as well, so the lack of a scarfer is easy to see.

Also, as I said before, Gengar should run a Substitute + Disable set to prevent tossing away your spinblocker. Obviously, you'd want to double switch against Starmie and revenge, but since your team has 3 priority users to stay over the curve, a scarfer isn't needed. I'd like to see Psyshock over Psychic on Starmie. It's more useful since it hits Chansey and Blissey harder who will wall you ones they see Psychic. Scizor looks fine, but you should try out U-turn over Bug Bite to gain momentum, although it's your choice, but definitely try Leftovers. You lose the OHKO on Gliscor, but it's extremely useful considering how slow Scizor is even with Max Speed and Jolly Nature. Speaking of which, go for Adamant, since the 30% losss in power will be 20% which is nice. Also, remove 4 HP EVs from Dragonite to make its HP odd, so it can switch into Stealth Rock the most amount of times.

Good Luck! n_n

Summary of Changes
  • Scizor
    • Leftovers > Life Orb
    • Adamant Nature > Jolly Nature
  • Mamoswine
    • Expert Belt > Choice Scarf
  • Starmie
    • Psyshock > Psychic
  • Dragonite
    • 4 Def > 4 HP
  • Gengar
    • SubDisable > Focus Sash
Thank you for your suggestions, I switched Psychic to Psyshock, the EVs, life orb to leftovers and I'm trying out u-turn. But I prefer Jolly Nature over Adament because my Dragonite is Adamant nature. I tried out expert belt, but I was uneasy with it, it wasn't working out for me. I tried out sub-disable too but it wasn't working out so I switched back to my original moveset.

Lead Terrakion>Sash Gengar

Scarf Gengar>Scarf Mamoswine

Mamoswine isn't really a good member to your team if your just gonna give it a scarf when you have a stealth rock set. Change Gengar into scarf so it can be a good revenge killer that can actually outspeed other scarfers and just get a lead Terrakion with Focus Sash for hazards. The reason why lead Terrakion is so good is because it has better speed than Mamoswine and it has access to taunt, while at the same time maintains offensive pressure. Also, if Air Balloon Heatran is a problem, then use Surf on Starmie over Hidden power fire and just put Hidden power fire on gengar. Oh yea a recommended set for Gengar is:

Gengar @ Choice scarf
252spe/252spatk/4def
~Hidden power [Fire]
~Icy Wind
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll switch HP fire for sure, replace Mamoswine with Terrakion and try out that choice scarf set! I really like your suggestions, thanks.

Hey there,

Nice team. Using the threats listed, I'll do my best to help you better this team. With that said, I feel that you should revert Mamoswine back to a Choice Scarf Keldeo. Keldeo, with a Choice Scarf, has the ability to outspeed a huge chunk of the metagame and remove / heavily damage them. Mamoswine is better left as a Life Orb attacker or a Focus Sash Stealth Rocker with Endeavor. However, I feel that this set is not as needed as a fast hard hitting Choice Scarfer like Keldeo which can gain a boost in Water type move power if happen to face a common Rain team. With Keldeo, your weakness to Air Balloon Heatran is removed and you gain a Pokemon that can at least speed tie with a Choice Scarf Infernape (which is not a prominent threat in the metagame, to be honest). As for your supposed Choice Scarf Lati@s weaknesses, I really don't seem them as threats are they are easily handled by Ferrothorn and Scizor. And plus, they aren't nearly as powerful as Choice Scarf or Life Orb variants. Next, I think your Starmie set is a little off. The EV spread and moveset do not seem to work to your team's benefit. With that said, I think you should run the standard Bulky Starmie set with Scald, Recover, Rapid Spin, and a coverage move. This coverage move can be Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, or Psyshock / Psychic. I think that Psyshock will work best for this team, since it has the most consistent coverage with Scald, but if you think something like Gyarados is a problem for the team, then you could run Thunderbolt, etc. Next, I think something should be done about your Gengar set and your Scizor nature. I agree with the changes proposed by Vertex, Adamant nature on Scizor and a Sub-Disable Set on Gengar (or a Sub Split set). While your Gengar set could be effective for you in your playtesting of the team, I think that other Gengar sets will be better as they are better uses of Gengar, in my opinion. Lastly, if you choose to make the switch on Mamoswine, you can put Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn over Thunder-Wave. With these changes said, good luck!

Possible Changes:

Mamoswine --> Keldeo

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SAtk / 224 Spd
- Scald
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable / Pain Split

Scizor
Jolly Nature --> Adamant

Ferrothorn
Thunder-Wave --> Stealth Rock

I need thunderwave to stop sweepers, and I really don't want two Adamant sweepers on my team.

Here are the changes I've made to my team :

Destiny Bond Gengar to Sub Disable Gengar
Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable

Scarfed Mamoswine to Lead Terrakion
Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

And the recommended moveset you suggested. Instead of recover I put thunderbolt. And I found Psychic to be more helpful to my team. I can just wall Blissey & Chansey with Ferrothorn.
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 Spd / 56 SAtk / 236 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

Latios,Latias,Heatran,Jirachi & Magnezone are no longer threats for my team (:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, sorry it took me so long to get to this! :)

I've been on vacation and I'm behind on so many request, so please forgive me :(

With that aside, let's take a look at your team.

This team plays very offensively. In fact, I would say this team is played much like a Heavy Offensive team is played. Which is why Ferrothorn worries me. While it can get up hazards, it slows momentum down, and that is something offensive teams thrive upon. Furthermore, even though Ferrothorn can be setting up SR, you have it on Scarf Mamoswine instead, and locking yourself into SR takes away further momentum.

On paper, this team is fairly solid. The thing that worries me is that you have a Scarf on Mamoswine when LO is really needed for the power and the ability to switch between attacks. His Ice Shard is key so things like opposing Dragonite, Double Dance Landorus-T, Venusaur, and Sun in general can't sweep you. Granted, Dragonite can help, but I've been finding that sun teams having things like Heatran that make non-EQ Dragonite's job a hit harder.

Anyway, I have a few suggestions for you:

1. I would replace Ferrothorn for Custap Berry Skarmory. Ferrothorn kills all sorts of momentum you try to wrack up while Skarmory gives you hazards and more than enough momentum to work with. In fact, Custap Skarm + TauntSash Gengar are quite good at keeping SR of the field on non-Azelf or non-Aero teams. What's more -- most Aero or Azelf teams won't cary Starmie, so Gengar spinblocks very reliably as when you see teams with Starmie, they'll usually be partnered with things like SR Hippo or SR Jirachi that Skarm is more than capable of taunting on it's own.

The addition of faster spikes mid game and the ability to remove SR from Mamoswine helps with keep up fast momentum. Before you had said you kept Ferrothorn for ThundyT or Rotom-W, however, that brings me to my second suggestion.

2. I would replace Choice Scarf Mamoswine for Life Orb Mamoswine. Granted, you become a bit prone to Rotom-W, but you have Dragonite so I wouldn't worry about it too much. (Most lead against Skarm anyway and you can find out what kind of set it is, so you can usually find out how to deal with it 1st turn since you'll know when to scout for choice-locked VSwitch or if it'll carry WoW, etc.). LO Mamoswine is also a good lure for most Rotom-W, seeing as how Superpower should be able to OHKO mid game, assuming you've put it into Superpower KO range (seeing as how Superpower should be doing around 84% and SR alone does 12% each time it comes in and VoltTurning teams always switch about). Anyway, most Rotom-W don't run max speed anymore and you can ultimately scout the speed tier with Skarm and you have Dragonite.

The addition of raw power of LO make Mamoswine's job (removing ThundyT, Lati@s, Venusaur, Sun) that much easier. I assume you'll be using Thick Fat with Ice Shard, Superpower, Earthquake, and Icicle [Crash / Spear]. I recommend Jolly, especially for hitting Tenta's, but that is solely up to you.

3. On Gengar, I would replace Icy Wind for Shadow Ball since you'll mostly lead with Skarmory. Granted, Gengar will occasionally be led too, but you won't need Icy Wind nearly as much and hitting things like Jellicent or Lati@s or Reuniclus or just plain STAB is better in most cases. Taunt + Destiny still kill things like Forrey or Tenta rather reliably so you can still use the combination even if you don't lead.

4. I would change Starmie into a LO variant with maximum Special Attack and maximum Speed. Hitting bulky waters (aka Rotom-W). I recommend Psyshock so you hit SDef Rotom-W harder, as well as replacing HP Fire for Hydro Pump since, with LO, it should be doing at LEAST 87% (remeber VoltTurn is whittled down from Skarm's hazards), and this makes rain teams with Zor and Wash easier to handle since Zor would normally scoff at HP Fire in opposing rain. Hydro Pump also just hits a bunch of other things harder too. I'd replace Thunderbolt for Ice Beam or Recover since Thunderbolt isn't 2HKO'ing Jellicent anyway and Ice Beam is fallback for Dragonite, like you mention earlier or you could use the extra recover to allow it to spin multiple times vs. stall teams.

5. Lastly, I would make your Scizor the Flying Gem Acrobatics set. You basically replace Bug BIte for Acrobatics and LO for Flying Gem. I find this set much better to use in the metagame than the SD Bug Bite set, and Flying Gem Acrobatics hits a lot of Scizor's counters which just plain gives you momentum. Acrobatics hits everything Bug Bite bits anyway, and anything Bug Bite hits harder can usually be hit with a Superpower or Bullet Punch anyway since the coverage is that amazing on Scizor.

I think the biggest fault you'll have with these changes is a lack of a Choice Scarfer, but you have three pokemon spamming priority attacks and you have a bunch of hazards on the field now so I feel your more than capable of abusing the priority to do the job any scarf Pokemon was doing. This team grabs much more momentum now and plays quite more offensively, which, even though it looked like it was built for HO before, wasn't quite doing.

I surely hope I helped! :)

Regards,

It's okay thanks for the rate ! Everything seems to be working better for me except Acrobatic scizor. I never seem to be using it and it's just hindering me from KOing pokemon with low hp with no life orb.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This team definitely appears to look like a hyper offense team on paper, but the sets on each individual pokemon say otherwise.

For the most part shurtugal transformed your team into what I believe is a great way to approach hyper offense (I just want to explain it to give you a better understanding of it). Before you played Gengar as a lead to prevent hazards and KO opposing leads, but with hyperoffense you are trying to maintain your own set up. Gengar's ability to spinblock is amazing on a hyper offense team. With Skarmory, you can prevent hazards from entering the field with Taunt, so that Gengar's focus sash stays in tact to get crucial damage on switch ins. Destiny Bond works amazing with sash and although its very easy to read a destiny bond coming, it's hard to play around when there are hazards preventing you from switching too often and the damage output from gengar is ridiculous in itself.

However, I would go with a different set on starmie.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 4 SpDef /252 Spd / 252 SpAtk
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

With analytic you can guarantee that spinblockers go down on the switch predicting a rapid spin. It also does major damage to Tyranitar who think they can come in on a surf or scald and attempt to pursuit trap you only to be 2hko'd by hydro pump. Natural cure just isn't needed on an offensive Starmie and with its ability to force switches so well, analytic comes up often.

Mamoswine with scarf is also redundant with with the amount of priority you have on your team. I would go ahead and make it sash or just replace it altogether (with something that can take on passho volcarona). Sash with stone edge / icicle spear / ice shard / earthquake is a pretty good set for sash.

The last thing I would suggest is putting outrage on dragonite. The interaction it has with lum berry is great and the damage output from dragon claw just isn't enough most of the time. Outrage is just a phenomenal attack and there's very little reason for you to not run it.

Basically the changes I made to your team.

Skarmory > Ferrothorn
skarm (Skarmory) (F) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Analytic Starmie Set
Shadow Ball and Thunder on Gengar > Icy Wind and Taunt
Scarf Mamo -> Sash Mamo
Dragon Claw -> Outrage on Dragonite

Hope I helped!

Thanks for your rate, I switched Ferrothorn for Skarmory already . I don't see how Analytic Starmie could work since it's attacks only get boosted when it goes after the opponent and it's faster than most of the OU metagame. I'm currently using Life Orbed Mamo suggested by Shurtugal. I need taunt on my Gengar to stop pokemon from sweeping and setting up, but I replaced icy wind to shadowball after suggested by Shurtugal. Outrage would just hinder my team than just help me in the long run, I don't lum berry to cure confusing when I could use it for something more useful like a burn or paralyze .

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Analytic works like Payback did in 4th gen. What pokemon are you preventing set up from with Gengar by using Taunt? The point of hyper offense is to play your game, don't let your opponent dictate the pace of the game. Besides even if they set up you have priority on multiple pokemon. Outrage is 10x better than dragon claw. The difference in power is worth being locked into.

Analytic works like Payback did in 4th gen. What pokemon are you preventing set up from with Gengar by using Taunt? The point of hyper offense is to play your game, don't let your opponent dictate the pace of the game. Besides even if they set up you have priority on multiple pokemon. Outrage is 10x better than dragon claw. The difference in power is worth being locked into.
Hmm, your make a valid argument. I'll try out the Analytic Starmie. Do you recommend an ev spread?

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey there PandahFish and Chimpact!

I came to help you (Pandah) on the team some more!

Alright so I want to mention that I completely overlooked Dragonite and didn't notice it wasn't carrying Outrage. Pandah, Dragonite doesn't mind being locked into Outrage because when it has +1 or +2 the damage output is astronomical alongside the hazard support Skarmory brings in. Dragon Claw is often too weak or misses the KO on numerous things. As for the confusion, you have Lum Berry; and even if you didn't the confuse chance is 50%, which is really no different than a 50 / 50 scenario: your opponent banks confusion and if you don't confuse you get another kill. It's really not as risky as it seems on paper. Sure, you could lose Dragonite, but you'd only stay in if Dragonite couldn't be of use later (and a lot of times it depends if SR are on the field or not, and by the time Dragonite sets up its scale is gone so you can't reuse it most of the time anyway).

So I'm echoing Chimpact in the regard that you should try out Outrage :)

Onto Analytical Starmie:

Analytical is just an ability change. Granted, it's not like it can hit Jellicent that hard anyway so I don't see how it murders all spin blockers without Thunder (which entails that risky miss) but maybe Psyshock is doing more than I suspect maybe after an Analytical boost? I don't use Analytical Starmie too much, but I do agree with Chimpact with using it. Natural Cure isn't that resourceful since LO Starmie isn't going to be stalling out anything anyway and recover is usually only used once for a bit of longevity, but with HO longevity doesn't really last anyways. Therefore, you don't really need Natural Cure, so the additional damage output with Analytical is something worth looking into.

Beside, most Pokemon won't bother to status Starmie anyway in fear of wasting a turn due to Natural Cure possibility. ;]

However, I'm not going to echo the change of Taunt to Thunder. Taunt isn't used to stop set up sweeps (although it stops Double Dance Landorus-T, SubSD Terrakion, SubToxic Gliscor, Breloom, Hippo, Skarm, Dragonite, and other random Pokemon I can't be helped to think right now) but Taunt is more so used to force the opponent to attack. By forcing the user to attack, Gengar can utilize his high speed tier to guarantee a Destiny Bond kill. Gengar can stop things like Custap Skarm this way as it goes right through Sturdy once Brave Bird has broken his sash and Gengar takes it with him. Gengar can take other things too like Tentacruel, Forretress, Hitmontop, Landorus-T, Terrakion, Breloom, Dragonite, and a few others that aren't coming to me at the moment).

Thunder without rain support only hits Rain Tenta, but Taunt + Destiny Bond is much more reliable against Tentacruel anyway and you could always make the double switch on Scald to Starmie anyway and force it out. Taunt by no means takes away from HO Chimpact (not sure if that was implied in your earlier post or if that was towards Dragon Claw) but Taunt helps give Gengar momentum for the Destiny.

Anyway, that's all I have to say! :)

Good luck PandahFish.

Nice team man, glad I'm not the only one who likes to brag about SD Scizor lol. Anyway, Analytic works best for Offensive LO Starmies because even though it is fast it still activates on switches, and Starmie probably the most switched upon pokemon, switching to Special Walls, Pursuiters, Spin Blocker, Volt Switcher, boundless opportunities to use it.

The moves other than Rapid Spin are your choice, a lot use Surf/H-Pump/Scald, T-Bolt and Ice beam, but you may have weaknesses to specific mons which in STAB Psychic/Psyshock may be better. Just don't use them hoping to kill a pink blob, won't happen :/

I never knew analytic activates on switches, makes the ability more interesting. I'll try out Dragonite with Outrage, and try an analytic starmie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)