Jirachi (QC 3/3) (GP 2/2)

phantom

Banned deucer.
[Overview]

<p>Jirachi's sudden celebrity status lies in its newfound access to the holy grail of Doubles: Follow Me. With an excellent Steel / Psychic typing, which gives it resistances to common Ice-, Dragon-, and Psychic-type attacks, and solid stats, Jirachi is an excellent user of the move. Unfortunately, Jirachi is quite susceptible to common spread moves such as Earthquake, Heat Wave, and Surf, which puts a damper on its supportive capabilities. While Follow Me support is undoubtedly a great niche, Jirachi can't run any other set effectively. Don't be fooled though; despite having only one role, Jirachi excels at it and will almost always do its job successfully.</p>

[SET]
name: Follow Me
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Psychic / Iron Head
move 3: Thunder Wave / Icy Wind
move 4: Helping Hand / Protect
item: Sitrus Berry
nature: Calm / Careful
evs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jirachi's excellent defensive typing and good Speed stat make it the Follow Me user best suited to taking Dragon-type moves. Follow Me lets the magic happen, allowing Jirachi to redirect powerful attacks away from its teammate. This allows Jirachi's teammate to smash away at the opposition undisturbed or use its setup moves to become even more dangerous. Psychic is Jirachi's best STAB move, allowing it to 2HKO Hitmontop and OHKO Breloom without any Special Attack investment. Iron Head also works well due to its fantastic 60% flinch rate; provided that the enemy taking this attack is slower, Jirachi can very often make it flinch and thus keep its teammate from being harmed. Thunder Wave works quite well in conjunction with Iron Head and can cripple fast attackers such as Deoxys-A and Shaymin-S. Icy Wind also lowers the opposition's Speed but has the added benefits of hitting both opponents, being insusceptible to Taunt, and doing a good chunk of damage to the likes of Garchomp. Helping Hand allows Jirachi to be even more of a team player by giving it the ability to amplify the attacking power of its teammate, while Protect can be used to shield Jirachi from its teammates's Earthquakes and Surfs.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given Speed EVs allow Jirachi to outspeed max Speed Breloom and OHKO it with Psychic. A specially defensive spread is used so that Jirachi can take as many Draco Meteors as possible. Alternatively, a physically defensive spread can also work, allowing Jirachi to better take physical Dragon-type moves. The choice of nature is dependent on whether Jirachi is carrying Iron Head or Psychic. If you decide to use Psychic, then a Calm nature is your best bet, and if you want to use Iron Head, then a Careful nature is advised.</p>

<p>Powerful, frail Pokemon benefit greatly from Jirachi's support. Dragon-types, such as Latios and Garchomp, appreciate Jirachi's ability to tank Dragon-type attacks for them. Manaphy also appreciates Jirachi's support, as it can set up a Tail Glow undisturbed and deluge the opponent with its boosted Water-type moves. Trick Room teams benefit from Jirachi's support as well, as Follow Me will prevent the Trick Room user from being hit with Taunt or Fake Out as it attempts to set up. Shaymin-S appreciates Jirachi's paralysis support, as it can help Shaymin-S flinch its opponents to death; Jirachi can also redirect priority moves and Ice-type attacks from Shaymin-S.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Body Slam and Thunder can both be used to simultaneously deal damage and spread paralysis, but both are rather inconsistent in doing the latter. Gravity can be used to benefit powerful Ground-types, such as Garchomp and Excadrill. Lum Berry can be used to rid Jirachi of annoying status afflictions, and Shuca Berry and Occa Berry can temporarily minimize Jirachi's Ground- and Fire-type weaknesses, respectively. Skill Swap can be used to reactivate Intimidate and weather abilities and even give a Pokemon such as Scald Politoed Serene Grace. Swagger is another option and can be used in desperate situations to induce confusion onto Jirachi's opponent; this can otherwise turn a losing situation into a 50/50 coin flip. Last but not least, Healing Wish can be used on weakened weather inducers, such as Politoed, so that they have a better chance at winning the weather war; Healing Wish also works just as well on any weakened Pokemon.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If Jirachi is lacking Iron Head, Cresselia and Tyranitar are full stops to it. If it's lacking Psychic, then Thundurus-T deals with it fairly well too. Outside of individual Pokemon, countering Jirachi is a matter of stopping it from supporting its teammates. Taunt is generally the best way to go, as Jirachi can pose only as a minor threat when unable to use its support moves. Powerful multi-target moves, such as Earthquake, work well too. Garchomp, the Landorus formes, and Excadrill in particular can 2HKO Jirachi with ease. Heat Wave from Ninetales, Heatran, and any other Fire-types can work just as well, but beware of Politoed diminishing the power of said Fire-type move. Speaking of Politoed, Jirachi can be taken down when overwhelmed with powerful Water-type moves. Politoed and Kingdra in particular can continually pressure Jirachi and its teammate with powerful rain-boosted Surfs. In general, spread moves ruin Jirachi's day, as they make Follow Me support obsolete. Facing opponents that use those kind of attacks will render Jirachi almost useless.</p>

[Overview]
  • has the coveted move, follow me
  • solid stat spread and typing allows it to abuse the move well
  • resistance to fake out, psychic moves, and draco meteor is a huge plus over togekiss and amoongus
  • weakness to the common earthquake and heat wave doesn't help though
  • pretty one dimensional outside of this given role
[SET]
move 4: Protect / Helping Hand

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Follow Me allows it to redirect moves such as Fake Out and powerful Draco Meteors away from its opponent though spread moves can be an issue
  • Iron Head is Jirachi's best STAB and has the lovely 60% chance flinch rate
  • Psychic can obilterate breloom and other fighting-types
  • Thunder Wave works quite well with Iron Head by allowing Jirachi to flinch hax its opponent to death and support slower teammates
  • Icy Wind can also help slow down opponents and unlike t-wave, can actually deal damage to dragon-types and the like
  • Helping Hand can be used to support powerful attackers like Latios and Deo-A
  • Protect allows its teammate(s) to use moves like Earthquake and Discharge without harming Jirachi
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Calm if using special attacks, careful is for physical
  • EVs are best in SpD by allowing Jirachi to take as many Draco Meteors as possible
  • Speed evs allow it to outspeeds up to neutral base 80 speed pokemon
  • Can use a physical spread so that it can take Close Combats and Fake Outs better
  • Sitrus Berry works best by allowing Jirachi to gain a decent chunk of HP once it's too weak
  • Pairs quite well with Deo-A, as Jirachi can help redrect attacks from it while Deo-A smashes away at its opponent
  • Works pretty well as a Trick Room team supporter too by almost guaranteeing the use of the move
  • Politoed support works pretty well as it lets Jirachi take Fire-type moves a lot easier and Jirachi can redirect power draco meteors away from politoed
  • Because of Thunder Wave and Iron Head, it can form an annoying flinch hax combo with Skymin
[Other Options]
  • Body Slam / Thunder
  • Gravity
  • Rain Dance
  • Lum Berry
  • Shuca Berry
  • Occa Berry
  • Skill Swap
  • Swagger
  • Healing Wish
[Checks and Counters]
  • Excadrill
  • Thundurus-T, resitant to Iron Head and immune to T-wave
  • Cresselia if lacking Iron Head
  • Strong Earthquake users like Garchomp
  • Heat Wave from ninetales and volcarona
  • Powerful water-type moves from Politoed and other swift swim users
  • Taunt shuts it down

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since I really wanted to make this one myself, but forgot to reserve, I might as well help as much as i can :)

relevant changes in bold

Overview - I think you should mention that it's Dragon and Psychic resistances give it a huge plus over Togekiss and Amoonguss as redirectors.

I would suggest you changed a few of the slots and the spread
name: Follow Me Support
move 2: Iron Head / Psychic - Psychic is very viable, and fit's the spread I suggested for outspeeding and OHKOing Breloom uninvested!
move 3: Thunder Wave / Icy Wind - Icy Wind is just as viable as Thunder Wave due to how it hits both targets at once, and actually pressures your opponent to switch (merit)
move 4: Protect / Helping Hand - I don't like Wish in doubles, especially not without Protect, and using 2 slots for both of those is too much.
item: Sitrus Berry - I doubt Leftovers will pay more off in over half of the situations, therefore Sitrus Berry as standard (maybe mention lefties in Other Options)
nature: Careful / Calm
evs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe - The reason why I think you should use this spread, is that it allows you to outspeed neutral max speed base 80s and positive max speed base 70s. Basically, Mamoswine and Breloom.

Set Comments and Additional Comments are looking good - but if you decide to use my spread and moveset, make sure to also mention the "outspeeding positive base 70s and neutral 80s with 252 EVs" part. in AC and why Psychic and Icy Wind can be used over Iron Head and T-Wave respectively. Say something like "Psychic hits the many Fighting types for a lot of damage, OHKOing Breloom and 2HKOing Hitmontop with ease, and allows Icy Wind to do more damage to dragons, since you run a neutral nature" and for Icy Wind say "Icy Wind hits Dragons hard, whilst consistently slowing down both opposing pokemon at the same time."

Looking at Other Options, I doubt Recycle would work, and Icy Wind is now a part of the main set, so remove those two imo. Also, mention Occa Berry for the same reasons as Shuca Berry.

Also, mention that spread moves go through Follow Me, making it a problem for your partner in Checks and Counters.

try making all these changes, post in this again when you have / if you have any disagreements, and I'll probably stamp it / consider your objections :)

Last edited:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
For Other Options: I would mention Body Slam(to paralyze grounds), Skill Swap, Swagger, and Healing Wish, all of which are possible, viable (if not entirely optimal) options for Jirachi realto use.

Oh yeah and mention Cress as a check as while Cress can't really kill Jirachi, Jirachi can't do a damn thing to Cress.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Ok, I think I got everything from above. Also how does cress beat rachi? Isn't rachi gonna flinch hax it to death with Iron Head ?_? I guess it beats it when lacking iron head, so i'll mention that.

I think that Thunder needs an AC mention if using Rain support, as it has a large 60% paralysis chance, while also dealing a large amount of damage to certain Water- and Flying-types.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Make Psychic the main attack on the set, Slash before Iron Head. With 0 Spec attack evs and a neutral nature you can ohko Breloom and 2hko Hitmonop which is very good. other then that

QC [1/3]

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If Psychic is the first slash, then Calm > Careful for the nature. Personally I'm not seeing Iron Head as particularly good in doubles, but I suppose it would deserve a slash.

/notqc

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If Psychic is the first slash, then Calm > Careful for the nature. Personally I'm not seeing Iron Head as particularly good in doubles, but I suppose it would deserve a slash.

/notqc
Yep, Iron Head deserves a slash for it's flinching power and Tyranitar dealing power. Anyways, good to go to write up:

QC 2/3

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, before this gets any more stamps would like to say that I think that there should be an offensive set listed here. No reason it can't perform well like with offensive cress since everyone assumes that it's a support set. Don't have an exact set yet (will have one later if someone else doesnt come up with it) but there's no reason it couldn't be viable, especially with Jirachi's good offensive stats and move pool.

phantom

Banned deucer.
What advantage does the offensive set have before anything else other than the surprise factor? 100 attacking stats are kinda weak, especially with Jirachi's lousy STABs. I'd have no problem adding it other than the fact that this has two QC checks already and the fact that the offensive set can just be given its own separate analysis thread after this one.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, that's a fair point. Small nitpick is that speed is meant to beat jolly loom, neutral 80s is an added benefit. Mention how it partners well with Substitute users or users of setup moves such as Manaphy by giving them opportunities to set up and devastate the opponent. I'd also say HH should be slashed over protect, mostly because rachi's main job is to support its teammates whatever way it can. Other than those things it looks nice. If you make these changes you have a stamp from me.

EDIT: sorry pwne please don't kill me (wasn't aware it was 2 qc then gp then 3rd, thought it was 3 then 2)

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
you're not actually ready for GP, the third QC check is supposed to come after the write-up so please change that back (/kick audiosurfer)

just making sure i get this in here before tehy starts to gp, i'll edit the actual check in asap

• in the overview: jirachi has much more important resists than normal, lol. I'd probably just say "resistances to such common types as Dragon, Psychic, or Ice" or something like that to indicate that there are more resists than are listed
  • in the overview: jirachi has a plethora of non-follow-me support moves, so it's not as one-dimensional as its brother amoonguss. Aside from its dragon resist, this is actually its biggest draw.
  • icy wind is sometimes used over twave because it's untauntable and a spread move
  • helping hand is only 1.5x attack power
  • deo-a and toed are both actually pretty bad rachi partners: deo-a because it's still wrecked by any spread move, and toed because it both powers up water type moves against rachi and is generally a waste of the follow me support you're providing since it's weak as fuck. shaymin-s also appreciates rachi redirecting and taking nothing from HP ices and bullet punches.
  • Skill Swap is mostly used to reactivate intimidate and weather abilities, actually (although giving scalding toed serene grace can't hurt)
  • Likewise, swagger is mostly used to salvage a losing situation by turning it into a coinflip, not to swagger+lum an ally
  • And healing wish isn't just for weather inducers—it gives any pokemon an extra lease on life which can be super useful
  • I don't know if Checks and Counters really needs 2 paragraphs; you can merge Tran into the sentence about heat wave users, merge landos into the sentence about EQers, and have an extra sentence for thundy-t, cress, and ttar. Don't forget to mention that spread moves ruin jirachi's biggest purpose which is Follow Me.

Last edited:

phantom

Banned deucer.
Okay, I think I got everything. Sorry about that. I thought for some reason things run differently here.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
ok looks pretty good, though you missed a couple things
  • you're still calling rachi one-dimensional in the overview. it's true it only has one set, but aside from Follow Me, you're never really sure what it's running, which makes it harder than Amoonguss to play around.
  • in checks and counters, mention that spread moves as a whole ignore follow me making Rachi feel kind of silly.
Fix those and I say you're QC Approved 3/3

tehy

Banned deucer.
At this point i'm basically obligated to check this

Many of the changes are explained in the comments and not strictly necessary, so please read them.
[Overview]

<p>Jirachi's sudden celebrity status lies in its new found access to the holy grail of Doubles: Follow Me. With an excellent Psychic / Steel typing giving it resistances to common Ice-, Dragon-, and Psychic-type attacks; combine, and with a solid stat distribution, Jiirachi makes excellent use of the move. Unfortunately, Jirachi is quite susceptible to common spread moves in Earthquake, Heat Wave, and Surf which puts a hamper on its supportive capabilities. While Follow Me support is undoubtedly a great niche, Jirachi can't run any other set effectively. Don't be fooled though, despite having only one role, Jirachi excels at it and will almost always do its job successfully.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jirachi's excellent defensive typing and good Speed make it the best best Follow Me user best suited to take draconian assaults. Follow Me is where the magic happens, as it allows Jirachi to redirect powerful attacks away from its opponentteammate. This allows Jirachi's teammate to smash away at the opposition undisturbed or use its set up moves to become even more dangerous. Psychic is Jirachi's best STAB move by, allowing it to 2HKO Hitmontop and OHKO Breloom uninvested. Iron Head can also work givenwith its fantastic 60% flinch rate; provided that the enemy taking this attack is slower, Jirachi can possibly make the opponenit flinch and thus keeping its teammate from being harmed. Thunder Wave works quite well in conjunction with Iron Head and can cripple fast attackers such as Deoxys-A and Shaymin-S. Icy Wind can also lower the opposition's Speed, but it has the added benefit of inflicting damage, not being susceptible to Taunt, and doing a good chunk to the likes of Garchomp. Helping Hand allows Jirachi to be even more of a team player by increasing the attacking power of its teammate., while Protect can be used to shield Jirachi from Earthquake or Surf.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given Speed EVs allow Jirachi to outspeed max Speed Breloom and OHKO it with Psychic. A specially defensive spread is best so that Jirachi can take as many Draco Meteors as possible. Alternatively, a physically defensive spread can also work in, allowing Jirachi to better take physical Dragon-type moves. The choice of nature choice is dependent on the move choice. If you decide to use Psychic, then a Calm nature is your best bet. I, and if you want to use Iron Head, then a Careful nature is advised.</p>

<p>Powerful, frail, Pokemon benefit greatly withfrom Jirachi's support. Dragon-types such as Latios and Garchomp appreciate Jirachi's ability to tank Dragon-type attacks for them. Manaphy also appreciates Jirachi's support as it can set up a Tail Glow undisturbed and deluge the opponent with its boosted Water-type moves. Trick Room teams benefit withfrom Jirachi's support, as the Trick Room user won't be susceptible to Taunt or Fake Out thanks to Follow Me. Shaymin-S appreciates Jirachi's paralysis support by helping it flinch its opponent to death., and Jirachi can also redirect priority moves and Hidden Power IceIce-type attacks from Shaymin-S.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Body Slam and Thunder can both be used to simultaneously deal damage and simultaneously spread paralysis, but both are rather inconsistent in doing the former. Gravity can be used to benefit powerful Ground-types such as Garchomp or Excadrill. Lum Berry can be used to rid Jirachi of annoying status afflictions. O, and other useful berries include Shuca Berry and Occa Berry, which can temporarily minimize Jirachi's Ground- and Fire-type weaknesses. Skill Swap can be used to reactivate iIntimidate and weather abilities, and even give a Pokemon such as Scald Politoed Serene Grace., and Swagger can be used in desperate situations to induce confusion onto its opponent. Last but not least, Healing Wish can be used on weakened weather inducers such as Politoed so that ithey hasve a better chance at winning the weather war. Healing Wish, and also works just as well on any weakened Pokemon.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If it's lacking Iron Head, Cresselia and Tyranitar can makare full stops to Jirachi while taking next to nothing from any of Jirachi's other attacks. If it's lacking Psychic, then Thundurus-T deals with Jirachi fairly well too. Outside of individual Pokemon, countering Jirachi is a matter atof stopping it from supporting its teammates. Taunt is generally the best way to go, as Jirachi can pose only as a minor threat when unable to use its support moves. Powerful multi-target moves such as Earthquake work well too. Garchomp, the Landorus formes, and Excadrill in particular can 2HKO Jirachi with ease. Heat Wave from Ninetales, Heatran, and any other Fire-type can work just as well, but beware of Politoed diminishing the power of said Fire-type move. Speaking of Polioted, Jirachi can be taken down when overwhelmed with powerful Water-type moves. Politoed and Kingdra in particular can continually pressure Jirachi and its teammate with powerful rain-boosted Surfs. In general, spread moves ruin Jirachi's day as it makes Follow Me support obsolete. Stick to those kind of attacks and Jirachi will be almost useless.</p>

Comments:
Any time i made two sentences into one, that's your choice if you want to keep it. It's something I prefer, since I find and was taught that it generally improves writing, but if you disagree, feel free to keep them separate.
I made Solid stat distribution->solid stats, this is something you can veto if you want
Earthquake, Surf, and Heat Wave? Don't you mean common spread moves? I just wrote that in for you because why not
The words take and draconian assault have TERRIBLE juxtaposition, it sounds like you became a different person in the middle of that sentence. It also sounds a bit wrong. So unless you're attached to that turn of phrase, i'd change it.
Opponent became Teammate when talking about Follow Me, since I strongly assume that's what you meant.
Maybe mention that Serene Grace is what gives Iron Head that 60% flinch? And also, Psychic has a 20% spD drop chance. Or maybe not mention that second part, your choice really.
Uh...Icy Wind has the added benefit of hitting both opponents. The largest added benefit, really. AND no one's immune to it.
Why mention that Protect blocks Surf, instead of Heat Wave? Surf might be used more, but it's still neutral as opposed to SE.
I made the change nature choice->choice of nature, that just sounds much better, but *shrugs* once again your choice. Move choice->move stays, though.
With->from is not an absolute change, but if you really know why I did it, ask, it's a bit of a long story
Jirachi can also Iron Head while Shaymin-S Air Slashes, either on the same pokemon (Nearly guaranteed flinch!) or on both enemies (possibly stopping any counter attacks at all)
Since Jirachi can redirect all Ice-type attacks, I replaced Hidden Power Ice with Ice-type attacks.
Full stop MEANS take nothing from any of its other attacks, so i erased that part.
You didn't explain what Swagger does as Pwnemon asked you to, just said in desperate situations. Maybe say a bit more specifically that it turns 100% loss into 50/50. Plus, it CAN work with swagger+lum, can't it? Or is that not even viable as an OO mention?

Add Remove
[Overview]

<p>Jirachi's sudden celebrity status lies in its new found access to the holy grail of Doubles: Follow Me. With an excellent Psychic / Steel typing giving, (comma) which gives it resistances to common Ice-, Dragon-, and Psychic-type attacks, and with solid stats, Jirachi makesis an excellent user of the move. Unfortunately, Jirachi is quite susceptible to common spread moves insuch as Earthquake, Heat Wave, and Surf which puts a hamper on its supportive capabilities. While Follow Me support is undoubtedly a great niche, Jirachi can't run any other set effectively. Don't be fooled though, despite having only one role, Jirachi excels at it and will almost always do its job successfully.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jirachi's excellent defensive typing and good Speed stat make it the Follow Me user best -(hyphen)suited to taking Dragon-type moves. Follow Me is whereallows the magic to happens, as it allowsllowing Jirachi to redirect powerful attacks away from its teammate. This allows Jirachi's teammate to smash away at the opposition undisturbed or use its set up moves to become even more dangerous. Psychic is Jirachi's best STAB move, allowing it to 2HKO Hitmontop and OHKO Breloom uninvestedwith any investment. Iron Head can also work withdue to its fantastic 60% flinch rate;: (colon) provided that the enemy taking this attack is slower, Jirachi can possibly make it flinch and thus keeping its teammate from being harmed. Thunder Wave works quite well in conjunction with Iron Head and can cripple fast attackers such as Deoxys-A and Shaymin-S. Icy Wind can also lower the opposition's Speed, but italso has the added benefits of hitting both opponents, being insusceptible to Taunt, and doing a good chunk to the likes of Garchomp. Helping Hand allows Jirachi to be even more of a team player by giving it the ability to increasinge the attacking power of its teammate, while Protect can be used to shield Jirachi from its teammates's Earthquakes or Surfs.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given Speed EVs allow Jirachi to outspeed max Speed Breloom and OHKO it with Psychic. A specially defensive spread is bestused so that Jirachi can take as many Draco Meteors as possible. Alternatively, a physically defensive spread can also work, allowing Jirachi to better take physical Dragon-type moves. The choice of nature is dependent on the movewhether Jirachi is carrying Psychic or Iron Head. If you decide to use Psychic, then a Calm nature is your best bet, and if you want to use Iron Head, then a Careful nature is advised.</p>

<p>Powerful, frail Pokemon benefit greatly from Jirachi's support. Dragon-types, (comma) such as Latios and Garchomp, (comma) appreciate Jirachi's ability to tank Dragon-type attacks for them. Manaphy also appreciates Jirachi's support, (comma) as it can set up a Tail Glow undisturbed and deluge the opponent with its boosted Water-type moves. Trick Room teams benefit from Jirachi's support, as as well, as Follow me will prevent the Trick Room user won't befrom being susceptible to Taunt or Fake Out thanks to Follow Me. Shaymin-S appreciates Jirachi's paralysis support helping it, (comma) as it can help Shaymin-S flinch its opponents to death, and; (semicolon) Jirachi can also redirect priority moves and Ice-type attacks from Shaymin-S.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Body Slam and Thunder can both be used to simultaneously deal damage and spread paralysis, but both are rather inconsistent in doing the formlatter. Gravity can be used to benefit powerful Ground-types, (comma) such as Garchomp orand Excadrill. Lum Berry can be used to rid Jirachi of annoying status afflictions, and other useful berries includewhile other berries, (comma) such as Shuca Berry and Occa Berry, which can temporarily minimize Jirachi's Ground- and Fire-type weaknesses, (comma) respectively. Skill Swap can be used to reactivate Intimidate and weather abilities, and even give a Pokemon such as Scald Politoed Serene Grace, and Swagger. (period) Swagger is another option, (comma) and can be used in desperate situations to induce confusion onto its opponent,Jirachi's opponents; (semicolon) this can otherwise turn a losing situation into a 50/50 coin flip. Last but not least, Healing Wish can be used on weakened weather inducers, (comma) such as Politoed, (comma) so that they have a better chance at winning the weather war, and; (semicolon) Healing Wish also works just as well on any weakened Pokemon. (period)</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If it'Jirachi is lacking Iron Head, Cresselia and Tyranitar are full stops to Jirachi. If it's lacking Psychic, then Thundurus-T deals with Jirachiit fairly well too. Outside of individual Pokemon, countering Jirachi is a matter of stopping it from supporting its teammates. Taunt is generally the best way to go, as Jirachi can pose only as a minor threat when unable to use its support moves. Powerful multi-target moves, (comma) such as Earthquake, (comma) work well too. Garchomp, the Landorus formes, and Excadrill in particular can 2HKO Jirachi with ease. Heat Wave from Ninetales, Heatran, and any other Fire-type can work just as well, but beware of Politoed diminishing the power of said Fire-type moves. Speaking of Polioted, Jirachi can be taken down when overwhelmed with powerful Water-type moves. Politoed and Kingdra in particular can continually pressure Jirachi and its teammate with powerful rain-boosted Surfs. In general, spread moves ruin Jirachi's day as it, (comma) as they makes Follow Me support obsolete. Stick to those kind of attacks and Jirachi will beFacing opponents which use those kind of attacks will make Jirachi almost useless.</p>

GP APPROVED 1/2

Last edited:

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hihi, amcheck!

Additions
Removes
Comments

[Overview]

<p>Jirachi's sudden celebrity status lies in its new(no space)found access to the holy grail of Doubles: Follow Me. With an excellent Psychic / Steel typing, which gives it resistances to common Ice-, Dragon-, and Psychic-type attacks, and solid stats, Jirachi is an excellent user of the move. Unfortunately, Jirachi is quite susceptible to common spread moves such as Earthquake, Heat Wave, and Surf, (AC) which puts a hamper on its supportive capabilities. While Follow Me support is undoubtedly a great niche, Jirachi can't run any other set effectively. Don't be fooled though, (RC); (semicolon) despite having only one role, Jirachi excels at it and will almost always do its job successfully.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jirachi's excellent defensive typing and good Speed stat make it the Follow Me user best-suited to taking Dragon-type moves. Follow Me lets the the magic to happen, allowing Jirachi to redirect powerful attacks away from its teammate. This allows Jirachi's teammate to smash away at the opposition undisturbed or use its set(no space)up moves to become even more dangerous. Psychic is Jirachi's best STAB move, allowing it to 2HKO Hitmontop and OHKO Breloom without any investment in Special Attack. (I'm assuming you mean without, judging from the EV spread, but tell me if I am wrong; that is just how I interpreted it from your sentence structure.) Iron Head can also works well due to its its fantastic 60% flinch rate:; (semicolon, because you can easily put a period there and have two different sentences. I feel that the : doesn't quite fit there.) provided that the enemy taking this attack is slower, Jirachi can possibly make it flinch and thus keep its teammate from being harmed. Thunder Wave works quite well in conjunction with Iron Head and can cripple fast attackers such as Deoxys-A and Shaymin-S. Icy Wind can also lower the opposition's Speed, but it also has the added benefits of hitting both opponents, being insusceptible to Taunt, and doing a good chunk of damage (Just saying a good chunk to Garchomp' doesn't seem very specific; a good chunk of what?) to the likes of Garchomp. Helping Hand allows Jirachi to be even more of a team player by giving it the ability to increase the attacking power of its teammate, while Protect can be used to shield Jirachi from its teammates's Earthquakes or Surfs.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given Speed EVs allow Jirachi to outspeed max Speed Breloom and OHKO it with Psychic. A specially defensive spread is used so that Jirachi can take as many Draco Meteors as possible. Alternatively, a physically defensive spread can also work, allowing Jirachi to better take physical Dragon-type moves. The choice of nature is dependent on whether or not Jirachi is carrying Iron Head or Psychic. If you decide to use Psychic, then a Calm nature is your best bet, and if you want to use Iron Head, then a Careful nature is advised.</p>

<p>Powerful, frail Pokemon benefit greatly from Jirachi's support. Dragon-types, such as Latios and Garchomp, appreciate Jirachi's ability to tank Dragon-type attacks for them. Manaphy also appreciates Jirachi's support, as it can set up a Tail Glow undisturbed and deluge the opponent with its boosted Water-type moves. Trick Room teams benefit from Jirachi's support as well, as Follow Me will prevent the Trick Room user from being susceptible to Taunt or Fake Out. Shaymin-S appreciates Jirachi's paralysis support, as it can help Shaymin-S flinch its opponent to death; Jirachi can also redirect priority moves and Ice-type attacks from Shaymin-S.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Body Slam and Thunder can both be used to simultaneously deal damage and spread paralysis, but both are rather inconsistent in doing the latter. Gravity can be used to benefit powerful Ground-types, such as Garchomp and Excadrill. Lum Berry can be used to rid Jirachi of annoying status afflictions, (space) while other berries, such as Shuca Berry and Occa Berry, can temporarily minimize Jirachi's Ground- and Fire-type weaknesses, respectively. Skill Swap can be used to reactivate Intimidate and weather abilities, and even give a Pokemon such as Scald Politoed Serene Grace. Swagger is another option, and can be used in desperate situations to induce confusion onto Jirachi's opponent; this can otherwise turn a losing situation into a 50/50 coin flip. Last but not least, Healing Wish can be used on weakened weather inducers, such as Politoed, so that they have a better chance at winning the weather war; Healing Wish also works just as well on any weakened Pokemon. (period)</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If Jirachi is lacking Iron Head, Cresselia and Tyranitar are full stops to Jirachi. If it's lacking Psychic, then Thundurus-T deals with it fairly well too. Outside of individual Pokemon, countering Jirachi is a matter of stopping it from supporting its teammates. Taunt is generally the best way to go, as Jirachi can pose only as a minor threat when unable to use its support moves. Powerful multi-target moves, such as Earthquake, work well too. Garchomp, the Landorus formes, and Excadrill in particular can 2HKO Jirachi with ease. Heat Wave from Ninetales, Heatran, and any other Fire-type can work just as well, but beware of Politoed diminishing the power of the said Fire-type move. Speaking of Politoed, Jirachi can be taken down when overwhelmed with powerful Water-type moves. Politoed and Kingdra in particular can continually pressure Jirachi and its teammate with powerful rain-boosted Surfs. In general, spread moves ruin Jirachi's day, as they make Follow Me support obsolete. Facing opponents which that use those kind of attacks will make render Jirachi almost useless.</p>

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>Jirachi's sudden celebrity status lies in its newfound access to the holy grail of Doubles: Follow Me. With an excellent Psychic / Steel Steel / Psychic typing, which gives it resistances to common Ice-, Dragon-, and Psychic-type attacks, and solid stats, Jirachi is an excellent user of the move. Unfortunately, Jirachi is quite susceptible to common spread moves such as Earthquake, Heat Wave, and Surf ,which (move the comma to next to Surf, not right before which) puts a hamper damper on its supportive capabilities. While Follow Me support is undoubtedly a great niche, Jirachi can't run any other set effectively. Don't be fooled though; despite having only one role, Jirachi excels at it and will almost always do its job successfully.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jirachi's excellent defensive typing and good Speed stat make it the Follow Me user best-suited best suited to taking Dragon-type moves. Follow Me lets the magic happen, allowing Jirachi to redirect powerful attacks away from its teammate. This allows Jirachi's teammate to smash away at the opposition undisturbed or use its setup moves to become even more dangerous. Psychic is Jirachi's best STAB move, allowing it to 2HKO Hitmontop and OHKO Breloom without any Special Attack investment. Iron Head also works well due to its fantastic 60% flinch rate; provided that the enemy taking this attack is slower, Jirachi can possibly very often make it flinch and thus keep its teammate from being harmed. Thunder Wave works quite well in conjunction with Iron Head and can cripple fast attackers such as Deoxys-A and Shaymin-S. Icy Wind can also lower also lowers the opposition's Speed, (remove comma) but also has the added benefits of hitting both opponents, being insusceptible to Taunt, and doing a good chunk of damage to the likes of Garchomp. Helping Hand allows Jirachi to be even more of a team player by giving it the ability to increase the attacking power of its teammate, while Protect can be used to shield Jirachi from its teammates's Earthquakes or and Surfs.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given Speed EVs allow Jirachi to outspeed max Speed Breloom and OHKO it with Psychic. A specially defensive spread is used so that Jirachi can take as many Draco Meteors as possible. Alternatively, a physically defensive spread can also work, allowing Jirachi to better take physical Dragon-type moves. The choice of nature is dependent on whether or not Jirachi is carrying Iron Head or Psychic. If you decide to use Psychic, then a Calm nature is your best bet, and if you want to use Iron Head, then a Careful nature is advised.</p>

<p>Powerful, frail Pokemon benefit greatly from Jirachi's support. Dragon-types, such as Latios and Garchomp, appreciate Jirachi's ability to tank Dragon-type attacks for them. Manaphy also appreciates Jirachi's support, as it can set up a Tail Glow undisturbed and deluge the opponent with its boosted Water-type moves. Trick Room teams benefit from Jirachi's support as well, as Follow Me will prevent the Trick Room user from being susceptible to hit with Taunt or Fake Out as it attempts to set up. Shaymin-S appreciates Jirachi's paralysis support, as it can help Shaymin-S flinch its opponent opponents to death; Jirachi can also redirect priority moves and Ice-type attacks from Shaymin-S.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Body Slam and Thunder can both be used to simultaneously deal damage and spread paralysis, but both are rather inconsistent in doing the latter. Gravity can be used to benefit powerful Ground-types, such as Garchomp and Excadrill. Lum Berry can be used to rid Jirachi of annoying status afflictions, while other berries, such as and Shuca Berry and Occa Berry, (remove comma) can temporarily minimize Jirachi's Ground- and Fire-type weaknesses, respectively. Skill Swap can be used to reactivate Intimidate and weather abilities, (remove comma) and even give a Pokemon such as Scald Politoed Serene Grace. Swagger is another option, (remove comma) and can be used in desperate situations to induce confusion onto Jirachi's opponent; this can otherwise turn a losing situation into a 50/50 coin flip. Last but not least, Healing Wish can be used on weakened weather inducers, such as Politoed, so that they have a better chance at winning the weather war; Healing Wish also works just as well on any weakened Pokemon.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If Jirachi is lacking Iron Head, Cresselia and Tyranitar are full stops to Jirachi it. If it's lacking Psychic, then Thundurus-T deals with it fairly well too. Outside of individual Pokemon, countering Jirachi is a matter of stopping it from supporting its teammates. Taunt is generally the best way to go, as Jirachi can pose only as a minor threat when unable to use its support moves. Powerful multi-target moves, such as Earthquake, work well too. Garchomp, the Landorus formes, and Excadrill in particular can 2HKO Jirachi with ease. Heat Wave from Ninetales, Heatran, and any other Fire-type Fire-types can work just as well, but beware of Politoed diminishing the power of the said Fire-type move. Speaking of Politoed, Jirachi can be taken down when overwhelmed with powerful Water-type moves. Politoed and Kingdra in particular can continually pressure Jirachi and its teammate with powerful rain-boosted Surfs. In general, spread moves ruin Jirachi's day, as they make Follow Me support obsolete. Facing opponents that use those kind of attacks will render Jirachi almost useless.</p>

GP: 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)