Gen 6 Help me get to #1. (Doubles OU, ORaS) (Rank #3)

(Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 8 SpA / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

My idea to use Zapdos stems from it having better defensive stats than Thundurus-I. Others might use Zapdos because they want Tailwind, but I want a status move which even works against Trick Room teams. The standard Sitrus Berry defensive Thundurus-I is very useful as it has 125% of its normal HP, but with Swagger being banned in DOU, it gives reason to run Static Zapdos. Amongst the games in which I had a Thundurus-I and it lost, it was often because the Sitrus Berry did not even get to activate, because it was Knocked Off, or because it was KO'd from above 50% of its health. The fact that I have the Static ability now can help in getting around users of Knock Off. The item can definitely be changed.
Volcanion is an often-used Pokemon in Gen 6 DOU. Zapdos has a better matchup against it than Thundurus.

Blue--Tyrant D (Sableye) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out
- Confuse Ray
- Pain Split

I fell to the 1300s because I tried to use Mega Banette for many games and it simply didn't work. Before Banette even gets to move once, it is at risk of getting KOd. Stopped losing once I changed the Mega and ran Sableye instead.
Mental Herb is necessary due to having pretty much all status moves. I had to add Confuse Ray because Sableye making the opponent completely unable to move is a great last resort as opposed to just Knocking Off their item, and it works on Special attackers more than burning.
Pain Split is like priority given to a weak damaging attack. It's like a Quick Attack or Shadow Sneak that heals you just a few Hit Points.

Hippowdon-I (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

EQ sees the least use among all the moves. It's usually for end of game situations. This is a set you've all seen before.

(Amoonguss) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 130
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

I made this more Specially defensive because (a) opposing Kangaskhan on the ladder all seem to love Seismic Toss instead of regular attacks, meaning it doesn't matter, and (b) I have Sableye's Will-o-Wisp. Giga Drain gets used the least and is here so I have a way to hit Mega Swampert after getting Ice Punched.

dread (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 216 HP / 88 Def / 48 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Seismic Toss
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

I became one of them. I became a Seismic Toss user. By doing so, I had so many EVs left for Speed which I believe let me outrun any Adamant Kangaskhan, and HP/Def/Sp.Def. This defensiveness lets me switch more easily between Kangaskhan, Zapdos, and Amoonguss, restoring Amoonguss' HP, letting Kang Fake Out again, all while Sableye might be burning or confusing opponents. My HP stat is above 400, so I myself can survive even 4 Seismic Tosses from a Blissey.

Gandora G (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Safeguard
- Psyshock
- Protect

I don't remember what the EVs do but probably for surviving physical attacks from M-Salamence after Intimidate and Special attacks from Zard-Y. Helping Hand is useless and always too risky to use. Safeguard is there for set-up if the opponent will use Trick Room on turn 1, or I use either of my Fake Out users and the opponent seems like they will Protect instead of leaving themselves vulnerable to FO+Hyper Voice. Others use Substitute instead, but since Hyper Voice goes past Substitute, this might cause me to lose against other Sylveon. Safeguard is also good against Thundurus as long as it hasn't been sent out yet. Psyshock is here just so I have at least one attacking option against Wide Guard, which works against both Landorus and Sylveon.

I haven't identified any particular threats to this team, and my losses other than very exceptional hax (often multiple freezes, or multiple crits in one game, otherwise I can play around it) are simply due to not taking all of the opponent's options into consideration.

Proof:

It takes long to find a Gen 6 DOU opponent. People, get on the ladder. There's many different Megas to use.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)