Media General Music Discussion Thread

Since most people prefer music with lyrics, allow me to direct you to Gotye.
HE IS NOT A ONE HIT WONDER!
He has plenty of great songs, like I Feel Better, State of the Art, and Smoke and MIrrors. Criminally underrated.

Speaking of Kendrick, the Grammy award-winning GOAT rapper dropped a new track. I have to say, it's different from a lot of his other work. I wonder if it's because Ryan Lewis wasn't involved with this one?

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus

Brand new Korean Riot Grrl/Punk Rock band with a loooot of crunchy noise feedback who put out their debut EP last week (I've described them as "Death From Above for the gays"). I don't know if I love their debut, but I do like it and have a weird feeling they're going to get very popular, rooting for them :blobthumbsup:

(Also to sell any Korean music nerds on this band, apparently Meaningful Stone was briefly involved with this band???)

In honor of the recently deceased Steve Albini, here's a Black Flag song that I enjoy. You may know it for being sampled on "Klink" by Death Grips.

EDIT: It seems that I have confused Big Black, Steve Albini's band, with the unrelated Black Flag. I will leave this post up as a monument to my failure.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)