Not A Bug Gen III: Held item still shows in switch tooltip after being knocked off

What type of bug are you reporting? Mechanics

What is the bug?
Display/Visual
EDIT: since the incorrect gen hover data has been noted in other threads, I'll change this report to be about this battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-2118541411
My swampert got knocked off, but the hover data in my switch options still showed it holding leftovers even though the revealed team hover data showed no more leftovers. When I switched swampert back in, the active pokemon hover data showed a held leftovers but there was no recovery & the revealed team hover data still showed it not held.
I think how it's supposed to work is that the public hover data won't show leftovers until it actually heals, & since it was knocked before it ever healed, the flag to show the revealed held item didn't trigger, & somehow the flag for my private hover data showing the held item didn't change to 'knocked off'.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
The problem did not appear in the replay link, nor in the instant replay.
Cued another battle & got thiefed, but all the hover data then showed no more leftovers, it may just affect knock off.

Last edited:

Mathy

at my puter
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
In gens 3-4, knocking off an item simply disables it, it doesnt actually disappear (it can't steal another item, nor can the opponent get the item thru any means). The switch tooltips are meant to match what's shown on the in-game summary screen, so showing that it still has the item is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)