Game Of Foams (Peaked #1)

Bryce

Lun
Game Of Foams

Introduction
I've been using this team for quite some time now and decided to share it with the community.This is a Rain offense team centered around toxicroak.I decided to build this team when I first noticed how Toxicroak could easily dismantle or pose a serious threat to many common builds,especially Rain teams and Keldeo Sand.This team is built in a way so that any checks or counters to Toxicroak gets lured out and weakened or taken out by it's teammates,thus enabling a Toxicroak sweep.However,it will be quite unfair to say that Toxicroak is the heart of this team as the team's other members are equally valuable.This team is quite fun for me to play as unlike most of my teams,this team doesn't use speed too much for sweeping and revenge killing,rather the powerful priority of Scizor,Toxicroak and Dragonite. In this BW2 metagame,I feel I have a good match up against most of the playstyles and has been rather consistant.
This team has proven to be successful letting me hit #1 on the beta server with over 1700 points under the alt -snorlax-.Later I gave this team to a friend of mine,High Impulse who also achieved #1 with 1700+ using this team in the majority of his battles under the alt Criminal.

The Team

Team Building Process

So I wanted to build around Toxicroak.I decided on the SD LO set for sweeping.When using Croak,obviously I would like to abuse it's dry skin abilty.So I threw in politoed.Besides,having Rain as your weather is always nice so why not.

Now I needed to add breakers which could weaken walls for Croak.Croak can muscle past Gliscor and Defensive Landorus-T thanks to Ice Punch but Skarm and Hippo were an issue.I decided that SD Garchomp with Rain Boosted Aqua Tail would be a suitable breaker to weaken Skarm and Hippo so that they can no longer take a hit from a boosted croak.

To sweep with croak,I needed to break walls such as Jellicent too which would rarely switch in on chomp.I also needed a secondary win condition,something that could take hits and has good synergy with the team.SD Lum Zor was perfect for this role as it not only met the above criteria but also had the benefit of luring out things like Tenta,Keldeo,Heatran which could be used as set up fodder for Toxicroak and chomp respectively.

Dragonite was the next member as it had the resists I needed and also sported strong priority move,making me comfortable using toed as my scarfer. Originally I thought of a Latias in this spot for the added speed but decided on Nite as it's better vs Sun Offense.

For the final member of the team,I needed something that could lay rocks .I also wanted to run something that can add some bulk to my somewhat frail team and can act as a pivot.I decided on a custom Jirachi set I had previously used on a DragSpam team as it seemed to fit in nicely.
In-Depth

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock

- Flash Cannon

- Thunder

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi usually starts of the team most of the time.It's job is to lay rocks and act as a pivot to bring momentum early game in my favor.Flash Cannon is for STAB and was chosen over Iron Head to not sacrifice any of my other stats.Flash Cannon is used to hit things like Mamo and Terrakion.Thunder+HP Ice gives me bolt beam coverage making it hard for most pokemon to switch in on Rachi.It also abuses that 60% paralysis chance of Thunder.For the Item I initially had Expert Belt but later realized just how useful it can be to net a surprise KO on Garchomp and Landorus forms early game,especially Garchomp.Shuca Berry also makes it hard for Donphan to spin on Rachi as HP Ice 2HKOs.This Rachi has KOed so many Lando-T's turn 1 xD .

Jirachi is usually my switch in to many pokes such as Latias and TTar and is used like a pivot early game.Depending on match up,I also use it as a suicide lead.The EVs are max Sp Atk with enough speed to outrun neutral nature max speed base 90s and lower.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Encore

Politoed supports the team bringing permanent Rain giving Croak a nice recovery and my dragons a strong aqua tail.Politoed's role itself is to act as a revenge killer and bring momentum with those fast powerful hydro pumps.Despite being a former NU,toed has been pretty useful with the rain support.Choice Scarf was the item of choice boosting toed's speed by 50%.Hydro Pump for strong STAB,Ice Beam for coverage against dragons and grass types,psychic is for opposing croak and hits tenacruel and Keldeo.Encore is filler but has it's uses.Hip-Hop :]

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Rough Skin

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Aqua Tail

Garchomp's role on this team is to weaken or take out physical walls such as Landorus-T,Skarmory,Hippo so that Scizor/Toxicroak can sweep.Garchomp's high attack and speed along with nice bulk and good typing makes it an immediate threat.This set basically has 3 STABS under Rain.SD is there to increase chomp's attack to so that it can hit extremely hard allowing it to break through many defensive cores.EQ is my main STAB with high base power and no drawbacks.Outrage is a more powerful option and hits a anything not a steel type really hard but the lock and confusion is annoying.Aqua Tail is chomp's 3rd and coverage move enabling it to do over 50% to skarm under rain at +2,OHKO things like Landorus-T and heavily dent Hippo.It also takes the opposing balloon tran by surprise.Chomp's Rough skin,bulk and typing is also very handy against several pokes such as Jirachi and Scizor.

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry/Flying Gem

Trait: Technician

EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite/Acrobatics

- Superpower

Scizor is here as a secondary win condition alongside croak and a lure for Jellicent.With this set Scizor can outspeed and 2HKO Jelli at +2 with rocks up evading any potential burn with Lum Berry.Scizor's steel typing provides it with key resists such as dragon and ice giving more set up opportunities.Scizor is also useful for hitting things like ScarfRachi with boosted BP allowing Toxicroak to KO it at +2 with sucker punch.Scizor helps keep many troublesome pokemon such as Mamoswine and Latias at bay.The EVs maximize attack while giving enough speed to outrun no speed SpDef tran.The rest is dumped into HP.The moves are pretty much self explanatory.Bullet Punch is it's STAB priority move OHKOing many common pokes at +2 after rocks or with some prior damage.Bug Bite is secondary STAB and Superpower is for coverage vs steels.

I've found the Flying Gem+Acro set neat in this role as well.Though I must say I do miss Lum's status healings when using it.So I'm 50/50 about it.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Dry Skin

- Swords Dance

- Drain Punch

- Sucker Punch

- Ice Punch

Toxicroak,the poke I built the team around.In today's metagame Toxicroak excels in the role of a cleaner.Resisting the STABs of Keldeo(immune to water),Terrakion,Breloom, OHKOing the likes of Latios and Starmie with priority sucker punch,setting up all over most Toed,tentacruels,not giving fuks about Ferro,TTar and straight murking defensive Lando-T with Ice Punch,which seems to be everyone's go to pokemon for checking physical sweepers.Toxicroak has it's faults such as being rain dependent and having meh bulk and average attack stat but those holes are filled up by it's teammates.I do wish for a bit more bulk and power though.After an SD,stopping it becomes a really hard task with that strong priority move,Fighting+Ice coverage and constantly healing in Rain.The EVs are simple Max Atk Max Speed.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd

- Outrage

- Aqua Tail

- Superpower

- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite got a place in this team because of it's resists,ability to check sun and breloom alongside strong priority in Espeed.Outside of that,Dragonite under rain is a fuking mofo with that ridiculously powerful outrage alongside that Rain boosted Aqua Tail and Superpower for coverage,Literally nothing is a safe switch in to this monster.Skarm gets 2HKOed after rocks with Rain boosted Aqua Tail.Most ferrothorn are OHKOed by superpower and physically defensive variants takes like at least 80.Gliscor and Lando-T are obviously doomed if they come in on Aqua Tail.Hippo is 2HKOed by ATail or Outrage.Being choice locked is an issue but it can still hit like a truck to even resists.Max Atk and Speed yet again.I remeber CTC once telling me to run 52 HP from speed to avoid getting 2HKOed by Scizor's BP.I considered that but then I lose the speed tie vs opposing Dnites so I stuck with Max Speed.

EDIT: Decided to go with 44 HP/252 Atk/ 212 Spd suggested by CTC.

Importable

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Encore

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Rough Skin

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Aqua Tail

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band

- Outrage

- Aqua Tail

- Superpower

- ExtremeSpeed

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry

EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd

- Swords Dance

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite

- Superpower

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Dry Skin

- Swords Dance

- Drain Punch

- Sucker Punch

- Ice Punch

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock

- Flash Cannon

- Thunder

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Conclusion
This team has been pretty fun for me to use but is getting a little boring as I have used it for a long time.Do give this team a try and post any feedback and suggestions to further improve it.I hope you enjoy using this team and thanks for reading :]
Shout-outs
Finally,shout-outs for my buddies from PO and Smogon and people who have helpled me.Shout outs to:

zzazzdsa,Ripamon,Probs,Kidogo,CTC,Dice,D4RR3N,ThunderBlunder,Blim,High Impulse,King,bbtest,Liked,Hellpowna and Delko

Last edited:
Hey bryce, congrats by the peak and to make this strong team, really i like it.

Only things that I should to change are: Iron Head over Flash Cannon in Shuca SR Jirachi (i love this gimmicky set btw), who is just better with a 60% chance to flinch also paired with Thunder which makes this set more annoying, with a Naive nature. The last thing that I should to fix is the Scizor set, SD acrozor over the current set because Jellicent is a bit annoying for your team (wall Scizor / Toxicroak and Scarf Politoed) and only Jirachi can switch into him and maybe Lum Garchomp. So, Scizor Acrobatics should to help luring Jellicent giving less problems for your team. I just prefer adamant acrobatics Scizor for your team since you just can kill Jellicent after a Sword Dance boost while that stuff like Tentacruel are less problematic for your team with Toxicroak, also the extra atk is stronger to break better stuff like Skarmory or a stronger Bullet Punch after a Sword Dance against a lot of things, the set here:

Scizor (F) @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Acrobatics

Pretty strong team.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. This is a really solid team with little that actually needs changing, so I'll just be nitpicking at your EV spreads and items. First off, I'd run HotnCold's suggestion of SD Acrobatics Scizor for the reasons he stated. Also, I do recognize the uses for Lum Berry on Garchomp, but I think that a Life Orb and an EV spread of 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe would make Garchomp an even better wallbreaker. The EVs optimize Life Orb recoil and the Life Orb itself turns several 3HKOs into 2HKOs, and 2HKOs into OHKOs. Anyways, that's all I have to say. Good luck with your team!

Man, I know this team by now so well, everyone is using it on the ladder, and it's not fun to play against :[
But yea, strong as fuck team imo keep it up js :]

Bryce

Lun
Hey bryce, congrats by the peak and to make this strong team, really i like it.

Only things that I should to change are: Iron Head over Flash Cannon in Shuca SR Jirachi (i love this gimmicky set btw), who is just better with a 60% chance to flinch also paired with Thunder which makes this set more annoying, with a Naive nature. The last thing that I should to fix is the Scizor set, SD acrozor over the current set because Jellicent is a bit annoying for your team (wall Scizor / Toxicroak and Scarf Politoed) and only Jirachi can switch into him and maybe Lum Garchomp. So, Scizor Acrobatics should to help luring Jellicent giving less problems for your team. I just prefer adamant acrobatics Scizor for your team since you just can kill Jellicent after a Sword Dance boost while that stuff like Tentacruel are less problematic for your team with Toxicroak, also the extra atk is stronger to break better stuff like Skarmory or a stronger Bullet Punch after a Sword Dance against a lot of things, the set here:

Scizor (F) @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Acrobatics

Pretty strong team.
Thanks for the rate Hot N Cold.You see, Jellicent doesn't really wall Sciz because I'm faster and have a lum berry and I 2HKO at +2 after rocks.Scizor was there originally for Jelli lure so Croak can sweep.Though AcroZor is a nice idea.It can still maintain the role of secondary cleaner and jelly lure while giving me coverage against some pokes.I'll give it a try.I'll test it out with my current EV spread though as I prefer the extra bulk. Lum berry has been very useful in my experience but I can see AcroFlying Gem's uses as well.As for Rachi,I'm still meh about making it mixed since Flash Cannon hits a lot of things harder with max SpAtk investment.I'll see how Iron Head works out.

Hey. This is a really solid team with little that actually needs changing, so I'll just be nitpicking at your EV spreads and items. First off, I'd run HotnCold's suggestion of SD Acrobatics Scizor for the reasons he stated. Also, I do recognize the uses for Lum Berry on Garchomp, but I think that a Life Orb and an EV spread of 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe would make Garchomp an even better wallbreaker. The EVs optimize Life Orb recoil and the Life Orb itself turns several 3HKOs into 2HKOs, and 2HKOs into OHKOs. Anyways, that's all I have to say. Good luck with your team!
Thanks for the rate TNT.I'll try out AcroZor.As for item on Garchomp,I did consider Life Orb as I get much more OHKOs unboosted.But the recoil is a problem for this team as Garchomp is my safety net against threats like Lucario,SubCM Jirachi and a few others so keeping chomp healthy against those pokes is important.Lum Berry Chomp is also a great lure for Sableye who shits on me otherwise.Escaping burnsfrom Trans,sleep from amoongus, para from rachi and such is pretty big benefit.

Man, I know this team by now so well, everyone is using it on the ladder, and it's not fun to play against :[
But yea, strong as fuck team imo keep it up js :]
Hey Killian, yea a lot of people had stolen this team lol and I only gave it to two people.thanks for the kind words. :]

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Ma Boy IDM Bryce commin thru with the powerful RMT!
Ive seen this team many times in action and I know exactly how efficient it can be (I used Shucca on my rachi in my wcop game vs Ojama cuz it was inspired by ur set)
At first glance i would recommend some other coverage moves like psychic or grass knot etc on rachi and my favorite move icy wind, but cannon nails ttars after they see thunder and thunder is consistent damage output + nice chance for paralysis. In the case of Thunder's paralysis, icywind isnt even necessary, so i support hp ice's higher power over icywind.
I would usually use my signature acro zor on this type of team to get rid of jellys and slower celes for croak but seeing as u have lum for jelly and croak for cruel, the extra bulk might come in handy vs the latis.
Once again i really doubt the nite v nite situations will come up too often, cuz A) ur gonna be locked into a nve move, or B) if u'r locked into outrage their initial switchin is very unlikely to be nite, so id still throw about 40 evs into hp for good measure.
I just think a well played skarm can wall a good portion of the team so i was thinkin maybe something like luke>zor or some shit to experiment with could be nice.
Again grats on the peak holdin it down on po for IDM, and good job w this amazing team.

Edit: To remedy ur skarm problem u can also throw on thunder > aq tail on dnite. that nails jelly and skarm for some nice damage.

Last edited:
Im curious, what do you do vs a Gyarados? It can set up on Scizor, Aqua tail Dragonite and to some extent Toxicroak and really threaten (especially in the rain). The moveset (although rare ) of Dragon Dance, Waterfall,Earthquake,Ice Fang seems to OHKO this whole team after rocks (except Politoed maybe, but he cant really KO back).

He could take it down with priority.though he will have to make some sacrifices
Im curious, what do you do vs a Gyarados? It can set up on Scizor, Aqua tail Dragonite and to some extent Toxicroak and really threaten (especially in the rain). The moveset (although rare ) of Dragon Dance, Waterfall,Earthquake,Ice Fang seems to OHKO this whole team after rocks (except Politoed maybe, but he cant really KO back).

Super cool team, Bryce. Though it's not a huge issue for your team, Gliscor or Landorus-T running sufficient speed can still sorta set up on your Toxicroak. Normally, when I run Croak, I make it Jolly. Definitely helps against Gliscor and Landy-T, as well as some Jolly Mamoswine. Otherwise, congrats!

Edit: It's also amazing against Rotom-W that are running speed. A little insurance that they won't burn you or hit you with an electric move.

tl; dr: Toxicroak @ Adamant --> Jolly

Last edited:
Quality team...been testing it and I see DD gyra as a huge problem..I feel like maybe hp.electric on politoed would be a good investment over encore but its just a thought...VERY good team though

Bryce

Lun
Ma Boy IDM Bryce commin thru with the powerful RMT!
Ive seen this team many times in action and I know exactly how efficient it can be (I used Shucca on my rachi in my wcop game vs Ojama cuz it was inspired by ur set)
At first glance i would recommend some other coverage moves like psychic or grass knot etc on rachi and my favorite move icy wind, but cannon nails ttars after they see thunder and thunder is consistent damage output + nice chance for paralysis. In the case of Thunder's paralysis, icywind isnt even necessary, so i support hp ice's higher power over icywind.
I would usually use my signature acro zor on this type of team to get rid of jellys and slower celes for croak but seeing as u have lum for jelly and croak for cruel, the extra bulk might come in handy vs the latis.
Once again i really doubt the nite v nite situations will come up too often, cuz A) ur gonna be locked into a nve move, or B) if u'r locked into outrage their initial switchin is very unlikely to be nite, so id still throw about 40 evs into hp for good measure.
I just think a well played skarm can wall a good portion of the team so i was thinkin maybe something like luke>zor or some shit to experiment with could be nice.
Again grats on the peak holdin it down on po for IDM, and good job w this amazing team.

Edit: To remedy ur skarm problem u can also throw on thunder > aq tail on dnite. that nails jelly and skarm for some nice damage.
Yo CTC.Thanks for the rate bro.I have experimented with many moves on Rachi before and decided on my current moveset,and you pretty much justified the choices,(Icy wind also misses the KO on Chomp and Land-T).You are right that a well played Skarm can get annoying.But this team is built to overload physical walls such as Skarm with multiple boosting physical attackers so even if I do have to sacrifice something to kill it,another member can usually utilize it to punch serious holes or sweep.Skarm isn't really that much of a problem as if it comes in on one of my unboosted sweepers Nite locked into the wrong move,I have Rachi/Toed to force it out.Dnite's set is pretty much set in stone,I can already 2HKO skarm with rain boosted aqua tail and I explained about Jelly in my response below.Skarm gave me serious trouble only once where my opp escaped losing 2 of his mons via miss hax and I miss-predicted a bunch of times throughout the battle.I gave some thought about trying out Luke but decided against it since it would make me more weak to Dragons and Genger.

If Gyarados sets up it will take a good amount of damage from a +2 Sciz or CB Nite's Aqua Tail and quite possibly SR.I can then use Dnite's priority or even croaks sucker punch to revenge it.Although I might need to sacrifice something in the process but that's how revenge killing works.Also ScarfToed is faster than +1 Adamant Dos so I can just switch toed in and Encore.Thanks for the rate.
Quality team...been testing it and I see DD gyra as a huge problem..I feel like maybe hp.electric on politoed would be a good investment over encore but its just a thought...VERY good team though

Super cool team, Bryce. Though it's not a huge issue for your team, Gliscor or Landorus-T running sufficient speed can still sorta set up on your Toxicroak. Normally, when I run Croak, I make it Jolly. Definitely helps against Gliscor and Landy-T, as well as some Jolly Mamoswine. Otherwise, congrats!

Edit: It's also amazing against Rotom-W that are running speed. A little insurance that they won't burn you or hit you with an electric move.

tl; dr: Toxicroak @ Adamant --> Jolly
Gliscor/Landorus-T usually gets KOed by Garchomp/Dnite before I send out croak so I rarely face that situation.Adamant Croak outspeeds almost all Gliscor and Defensive Land-T(not some DubDance Variants)and the extra power is needed since croak has average attack,Thanks for the rate.

DD gyara is not a huge problem.Read my reply above.Thanks for the rate.

Maybe try Iron Head on Jirachi. It has the potential to be a 1920 base power move and lets you "outplay" your opponents.
o my lord really? :eek:
Jelli loses to Jirachi,loses to Chomp,gets lured out and loses to Scizor/Loses to Nite vs walls croak and walls Politoed.

Last edited:
Hey Bryce! This is an amazing team - the more I use it the more I realize just how powerful it is. Do you happen to have any replays of you using the team so I can adapt my style even further?
Thanks so much!

EDIT:
Using this team, I ran into problems with a Sigilyph? Just curious what you do vs them

Last edited:

Bryce

Lun
Hey Bryce! This is an amazing team - the more I use it the more I realize just how powerful it is. Do you happen to have any replays of you using the team so I can adapt my style even further?
Thanks so much!

EDIT:
Using this team, I ran into problems with a Sigilyph? Just curious what you do vs them
I don't have any replays since I don't play on PS.But I can give you a pastebin of one of my battle logs.
http://pastebin.com/QPKCd1mr
As for sigilyph,I pressure it with my attackers to prevent if from setting up easily.If I'm in a bad position to do that,I switch to Toed and Encore then switch back to Chomp/Croak and spam SD.

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi Bryce,
I finally got around to rating your team as requested. As I said previously, the combination of a strong special attacker like Life Orb/Choice Specs Lati@s + Skarmory seems really hard for this team to handle. All they need to do is switch out to Skarmory after clicking Draco Meteor, and as long as it doesn't Whirlwind you out to Jirachi or Politoed, it can Roost back up whatever damage you dealt previously. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a CB rain Aqua Tail from Dragonite 2hko's Skarmory either, as a CB Fire Punch barely 2hko's it factoring in Leftovers. I can't see how you can change the team (Dragonite is your source of priority + Volcarona check, Garchomp combats stall and opposing Jirachi, Scizor takes advantage of Draco Meteor drops, Toxicroak handles Terrakion/Keldeo, Politoed is a piece of shit summons rain) unless you are willing to replace Jirachi with something else or a different set, but I think you'd be reluctant to replace it as it is your Lando/Garchomp lure of sorts, who can be a huge pain to your team otherwise. However, I do like the synergy of your team, and I have to say a physically offensive rain team is pretty rare these days.
One change I'd definitely recommend is Dragon Claw > Outrage on Garchomp. With Aqua Tail, you're already hitting Hippo/Lando as hard as Outrage, and with Dragon Claw opponents can't bait the Outrage and set up hazards or w/e. That way Garchomp will be much more threatening to say, Sand stall archetypes. I think the only occasion where you'll miss Outrage is vs a select few bulky waters, but as long as you're patient enough in weakening them and choosing the right moment to sweep, it should be fine (not to mention you have Lum to absorb one WoW).
Oh and also on the Sigilyph thing, I don't think going for encore with Politoed is a solution, as they'd at least be at +1 by the time you switch Politoed in, and if you go for encore they will be at +2. By the time you switch into your physical sweeper and SD they'll be at +4 while you're only at +2--at which point they can just psycho shift burn you. I'm not saying it can't be played around, and Sigilyph is very rare to begin with, but just saying its not a solution haha.
Again nice team and congrats on the peak!

Last edited:

Bryce

Lun
Hi Bryce,
I finally got around to rating your team as requested. As I said previously, the combination of a strong special attacker like Life Orb/Choice Specs Lati@s + Skarmory seems really hard for this team to handle. All they need to do is switch out to Skarmory after clicking Draco Meteor, and as long as it doesn't Whirlwind you out to Jirachi or Politoed, it can Roost back up whatever damage you dealt previously. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a CB rain Aqua Tail from Dragonite 2hko's Skarmory either, as a CB Fire Punch barely 2hko's it factoring in Leftovers. I can't see how you can change the team (Dragonite is your source of priority + Volcarona check, Garchomp combats stall and opposing Jirachi, Scizor takes advantage of Draco Meteor drops, Toxicroak handles Terrakion/Keldeo, Politoed is a piece of shit summons rain) unless you are willing to replace Jirachi with something else or a different set, but I think you'd be reluctant to replace it as it is your Lando/Garchomp lure of sorts, who can be a huge pain to your team otherwise. However, I do like the synergy of your team, and I have to say a physically offensive rain team is pretty rare these days.
One change I'd definitely recommend is Dragon Claw > Outrage on Garchomp. With Aqua Tail, you're already hitting Hippo/Lando as hard as Outrage, and with Dragon Claw opponents can't bait the Outrage and set up hazards or w/e. That way Garchomp will be much more threatening to say, Sand stall archetypes. I think the only occasion where you'll miss Outrage is vs a select few bulky waters, but as long as you're patient enough in weakening them and choosing the right moment to sweep, it should be fine (not to mention you have Lum to absorb one WoW).
Oh and also on the Sigilyph thing, I don't think going for encore with Politoed is a solution, as they'd at least be at +1 by the time you switch Politoed in, and if you go for encore they will be at +2. By the time you switch into your physical sweeper and SD they'll be at +4 while you're only at +2--at which point they can just psycho shift burn you. I'm not saying it can't be played around, and Sigilyph is very rare to begin with, but just saying its not a solution haha.
Again nice team and congrats on the peak!
Thanks for the rate Hugo.As you said,combination of Skarmory+strong special attackers do give me trouble somewhat.My method of playing around that requires saccing a lot.In that scenario,After foddering and forcing out the said special attacker,I attempt to send out Garchomp/Dragonite on something else for baiting in the Skarm for me to sufficiently weaken it so that Croak/Sciz can threaten a sweep with their priority.Usually I'm fine if it whirlwinds to anything but Sciz as I can just set up with croak on the roost and use Sciz for sweeping.Sciz can pressure it too but the atk drops from superpower opens up mind games.CB Rain boosted Aqua Tail just 2HKOs if I get average roll both times.But yeah,Skarm+strong offensive presence is bothersome to face with this team.I've thought about your suggestion about using Dragon Claw.The loss of immediate power looks annoying at first since outrage lets chomp hit somewhat hard right of the bat.I'll test out Dclaw and see how it fares.It would certainly help me with prediction issues when facing teams with Skarm/Ferro with something like Celebi that forces me to outrage.

As for Sigilyph,Encoring is for emergencies only when it comes on vs say an unboosted Sciz or a confused Dragonite.The encoring method requires a 3 turn Encore and the SDer is needed to be Garchomp who can escape burn via Lum or Croak who hits with Ice Punch for SE Damage.Like I said,my original strategy against it is not let it boost up for free.Thanks again for the bro :]

Hello.
This looks like a really good team but I have a suggestion. In my opinion CB dragonite isn't as great in rain as it is in sun. See if you like this set, it will also help destroy skarmory, which can wall acrozor+garchomp(somewhat)+toxicroak(again, somewhat). The set is as follows:
Dragonite @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Surf
- Thunder
- Hurricane
This is a lategame sweeper in rain, which is relatively easy to maintain. It evens out your physical attackers with a special attacking set. It can easily lure skarmory. Plus your team lacks a fast lategame sweeper(i'm pretty sure you're using garchomp earlygame).
Hope this helped.
Also, congrats on your ranking!

Last edited:
Hey bro :] awesome team. I ran into this team like a million times and its really cool. ANYWAYS sand stall with Skarmory and Hippo gives you a bit of a problem as the most common physically pokemons in sand ( Hippodown, Skarmory, Jellicent, and some uncommon ones such as Slowbro, Amoonguss, Tangrowth and Bronzong.) I don't know how to solve this "problem" besides just smashing it and with that i would like to say Use Dragon Claw > Outrage on Garchomp. There are so many times where people would bait the Outrage and go into resist then set up. Honestly you hit a lot of stuff just as hard with aqua tail besides like some bulk water types. ANYWAYS idk I'm bad at this game so you don't have to listen to me :] Congrats on the peak.

I agree with the guy that says "Change the D-nite set". It's not that it is a bad set, it's perfectly viable, but the set doesn't really have Dragonite abusing rain to it's full potential. But I think i got a good set that can really help you!Dragonite @ Expert Belt
Trait: MultiScale
EV's: 56 Atk / 200 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd.
Nature: Hasty/Naive
-Hurricane
-Thunder
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed

This set is a bit more of a custom set, but it allows you to use Dragonite more as a rain abuser, while also able to check the Sun and (if the guy is using a T-tar) Sand a bit. Surf or Aqua Tail can be used over EQ, as that would allow you to check all sandstorm and make him abuse the rain a bit more.

For scizor, I recommend the following set:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature ( + Attack - Sp.A )
- Bullet Punch
- Bug bite
- Super Power
- Pursuit

This is a very good and Versatile moveset, allowing you to easily take care of jellicent and other Pokemon.

Bryce

Lun
Rain Hurricane Dragonite and CB Scizor doesn't quite fit in with the team as they don't perform the role I want them to perform.Shedinja is only used on gimmick teams.@Jayjay21:Yeah I'll try out Dclaw on chomp with LO sometime.Thanks for the rates.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey Bryce!

Just wanted to congradulate you on such a well built team! That lead Jirachi you've introduced is everywhere now (which is quite annoying, I've started using anti-leads like FG Fire Blast Mew to OHKO because it usually means easy wins against Shuca Jirachi and Skarm x.x).

Thanks for sharing this team! It's truly a good example of what a good team looks like.

As for any changes I would make, I'm going to go ahead and agree with Iron Head over Flash Cannon because it helps prevent Skarm from setting up any form of hazards assuming you flinch and hit Thunder (which isn't that uncommon in both my experiences facing and using it).

Reactions: Ada

Bryce

Lun
Hey Bryce!

Just wanted to congradulate you on such a well built team! That lead Jirachi you've introduced is everywhere now (which is quite annoying, I've started using anti-leads like FG Fire Blast Mew to OHKO because it usually means easy wins against Shuca Jirachi and Skarm x.x).

Thanks for sharing this team! It's truly a good example of what a good team looks like.

As for any changes I would make, I'm going to go ahead and agree with Iron Head over Flash Cannon because it helps prevent Skarm from setting up any form of hazards assuming you flinch and hit Thunder (which isn't that uncommon in both my experiences facing and using it).
Thanks for the rate Shurtugal. Yeah I noticed the increasing usage of Shuca+HP Ice Rachi on PO.It's definitely one of my favourite leads to use.Iron Head has been suggested over Flash Cannon many times,and I still find the lowered defense and lack of power kinda meh.Well trying it out wouldn't hurt I guess. Keldeo for OU! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)