BW RU Final Attack Orders (Peaked #1)

FINAL ATTACK ORDERS

K so this is the RU team I used the entirety of Round 5, propelling me #1 on the ladder in a matter of hours before peaking at 1438. I don't really have a great story to tell about its origin, but that doesn't detract from this team's sheer power. It's based on setting up no matter what and destroying the opponent; if they kill one sweeper, get them with another. This team lacks walls outside of Cofagrigus, which is more of a sweeper than a wall anyway. The main sweeper of this team is the almighty...LINOONE. All those that dare stay in its path will be crushed, and those that manage to survive can be easily picked off by its comrades.

Teambuilding Process:

Basically, it was Friday night at like 12:30 AM and I was about to go to bed, but decided to make a new team for lolz because I wanted to use Linoone. Essentially, I just threw Uxie together with 5 sweepers and went to bed.

Very anticlimactic, I know. Anyway, I chose Uxie because of Dual Screens + Momento, Linoone because it is one of the best Pokemon ever, Klinklang because many teams are unprepared for it, Omastar because it can sweep whole teams easily, Cofagrigus because it is a great offensive spin-blocker that can sweep teams easily, and Feraligatr because it is...GATR TIMEEEEEE. Anyway, sadly, I had to make one minor change to this team since Toxic Spikes essentially destroyed my team. I needed something that could set up as well, so I chose a very underrated threat in Drapion to sweep and absorb Toxic Spikes.

And so, my team was complete.

Uxie @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect

The Pokemon that gets the whole party started. Sets up Dual Screens which are vital to my team, and also gives me some nice Stealth Rocks. Memento is used for when I know that I don't need Uxie anymore / have a great set up opportunity I need to take advantage of. EVs maximize its bulk and Speed so that it can take hits and set up screens no matter what. Uxie's support makes it EXTREMELY easy for me to set up, especially if I get to Memento the opponent as well. Its 95 Base Speed also means that it can outrun a large part of the metagame, which is very helpful against Pokemon such as Sharpedo and Moltres.

Linoone (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Smash
- ExtremeSpeed

THE STAR OF THE SHOW. This thing sweeps entire teams so easily it's not even funny. Belly Drum brings this guy's attack to a ridiculous 948 in 1 turn, allowing it to wreak havoc like no tomorrow. Max Speed Jolly gives Linoone the ability to outrun everything it needs to. For example, Rotom is easily outsped and destroyed by Shadow Claw. Its Speed also means that it can destroy Entei with ExtremeSpeed, or at least speed tie with it if for some reason the opponent is running an extremely rare Jolly Entei. Speaking of ExtremeSpeed, it's +2 priority means that Linoone can easily devastate a large part of the metagame. As I mentioned earlier, Shadow Claw is vital for destroying Ghost-types, especially the likes of Cofagrigus and Haunter. Rock Smash rounds out the set by giving Linoone a way to completely troll Steel-types, especially Aggron (cough, Texas, cough). Screens are usually in play after this guy sets up, and thanks to Sitrus Berry, Linoone's HP will usually be high enough to take weak hits. TLDR: Decimates teams all day long.

Omastar (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

A Pokemon that can turn the tide of a game around in a flash. This thing hits so hard it's not even funny, and its solid Defense behind dual screens support and solid typing means that setting up is as easy as pie. Shell Smash is just amazing, boosting Omastar's Speed to an excellent 458 and its Special Attack above 600 in one fell swoop. A Timid nature allows it to hit that speed mark and outrun Rotom-C, who manages to switch into Omastar every time it uses Shell Smash. Hidden Power Grass annihilates Quagsire and deals a good chunk of damage to Lanturn and Slowking after a boost. Ice Beam provides solid coverage and Hydro Pump rounds out the set by providing Omastar with a move that can easily OHKO a large part of the metagame after a Shell Smash. Finally, White Herb guarantees that Omastar's defenses aren't hurt by Shell Smash, allowing it to Sucker Punches from Honchkrow and the like like no other.

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Trait: Plus
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute

More people should use Klinklang since it is an absolute beast. It can easily set up behind dual screens with Dragon Dance 2.0 and destroy. Substitute guarantees that Pokemon such as Ferroseed won't be able to Leech Seed it, and makes dual screen support even more deadly. Speaking of Ferroseed, a major benefit of Klinklang is that it can set up on the pathetic creature like no tomorrow, easily gaining +6. Gear Grind acts as Klinklang's STAB move, and hits twice, meaning that it can destroy Pokemon cowering in fear behind Rhydon dolls. Return grants it good neutral coverage, allowing it to hit Water-types such as Feraligatr for good damage.

Drapion (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Probably the most underrated sweeper in RU. This thing is very unexpected, and can wreak havoc very easily. Drapion's solid defenses mean that it can take hits well, allowing it to easily set up a Swords Dance. It also absorbs Toxic Spikes for other members of my team. Crunch is a solid STAB move, and in tandem with Earthquake, provides perfect neutral coverage in RU. Ice Fang nails Gligar, which usually thinks it can have a field day with Drapion. 95 Base Speed is very solid in RU, and thanks to its bulk and dual screens, and can usually live hits anyway. I originally ran Life Orb on this, but switched to Leftovers since it greatly increases its survivability, which is important for this team.

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

The best spin-blocker in RU. This thing is an absolute beast, and can tear teams apart in a mere 4 turns. With 3 pokes weak to Fighting, Cofagrigus is my go-to Pokemon for all of the Hitmonchans and Gallades out there. It takes their pathetic Ice Punches and Shadow Sneaks as well as Shuckle takes a Tackle from a Level 1 Happiny. It then proceeds to Nasty Plot, Trick Room, and decimate the opposition. Cofagrigus's extremely low Speed means that it can outrun almost every Pokemon in RU in Trick Room, allowing it to become even more of a threat. This thing can single-handedly 6-0 opposing offensive teams, no questions asked. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting provide perfect neutral coverage in RU, making this thing even more deadly.

So there you have it, Final Attack Orders. :)

Threatlist:

Trick Room teams: Major pain and really hard to beat them unless I play absolutely perfectly with Drapion (Yes, that means you Molk <_< )

Steelix: Soooo annoying. Usually I can just weaken it with Cofagrigus or KO it with Omastar, but still really annoying.

Munchlax: This thing is just a pain. I have to hope that the opponent's not extremely lucky with Sleep Talk / hope that my final Pokemon can sweep.

Choice Scarf Rotom: Major pain because it outruns my entire team, but usually I can weaken it enough with Klinklang to where it will die to Stealth Rock.

Quagsire: The biggest threat to my team. I have to hope that I can knock it out with Omastar...good thing it's not common so I don't have to worry about it really.

Oh i see another team that i frequently wreck got posted.
/me idles.

meh regardless of that, it's a great team, maybe you can try the taunt sd drapion set to handle stall better :o

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, this team is amazing. I've lost to it many times. Using two of the best sweepers in RU in tandem (Linoone and Cofagrigus) means that a hard counter to one of them is set-up bait for the other. Congratulations to your success. Luvdisc!

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Hey Shake, another gimmicky yet excellent team you have. Linoone is definently the star of your team and completely rapes
my HO. Congratz on your peak.

Luvdisc

thanks everyone!
Also, does anyone think that a mixed Skuntank w/ HP Grass / Fire Blast / Sucker Punch / Taunt would be good over Drapion? I tested it for the Dark Horse challenge and it worked relatively well. It can still absorb Toxic Spikes and can just wipe out any Quagsire that comes to 6-0 my team.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Something else you could do if you are looking for gimmicks is to use max SpA on Drapion with HP Grass. This way Physically Defensive Quagsire will be ohkoed or weakened to the point that everything else can kill it, taking 87.3 - 103.55% from LO HP Grass. Then use the remaining 256 evs accordingly to outspeed or kill whatever u want and chose if you want to drop Ice Fang or EQ.

If your goal is to weaken Quagsire to the point that almost anything else can ohko later, you might run even fewer special attacks evs, to pump up ur speed and attack more. For example even if HP Grass does 80-95% to Quagsire, after it kills you it will have only 26% life at best after lefties, so even your weakest physical attack, Klinklang's Return can OHKO after SR, dealing 20.81 - 24.61%.

Something else you could do if you are looking for gimmicks is to use max SpA on Drapion with HP Grass. This way Physically Defensive Quagsire will be ohkoed or weakened to the point that everything else can kill it, taking 87.3 - 103.55% from LO HP Grass. Then use the remaining 256 evs accordingly to outspeed or kill whatever u want and chose if you want to drop Ice Fang or EQ.

If your goal is to weaken Quagsire to the point that almost anything else can ohko later, you might run even fewer special attacks evs, to pump up ur speed and attack more. For example even if HP Grass does 80-95% to Quagsire, after it kills you it will have only 26% life at best after lefties, so even your weakest physical attack, Klinklang's Return can OHKO after SR, dealing 20.81 - 24.61%.
I would do that but Quagsire is so rare as is that I don't want to sacrifice my entire EV spread just to kill it. Uninvested HP Grass w/ Leftovers does 47% minimum to Quagsire, so that could potentially be useful. I wouldn't be able to beat Gligar though, so it needs some testing :P thanks.

Not 100% proficient is RU, but even if your KlingKlang did setup on ferroseed, while ferro cant do anything to you, wouldn't it be the same for you, even at +6 considering iron barbs damage? Of course, unless you end up gear grinding, then stalling for leftovers recovery after each attack.

Not 100% proficient is RU, but even if your KlingKlang did setup on ferroseed, while ferro cant do anything to you, wouldn't it be the same for you, even at +6 considering iron barbs damage? Of course, unless you end up gear grinding, then stalling for leftovers recovery after each attack.
Gyro Ball only 2HKOs the Substitute (at +6) and Return can 3HKO after enough boosts so easy set up fodder.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
oh so the person i beat 5-0 or 8-0 with this team was you. it's a good team, just not good enough to beat me

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why Return and not your STAB move?
Ferroseed's ability inflicts damage twice with Gear Grind. It's not worth it for minimal extra damage (plus Gear Grind is awful and misses far too much).

Not much else to say, but this team is fantastic and I've been using SD Drapion + TR Cofagrigus on another team and both have been absolutely amazing. Gotta praise your teambuilding skills. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)