Project Fill In The Blank (Week 12 - PiC)

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
And with a super close vote, congratulations are in order for yuki and their :pmd/chien-pao: who squeaked out a win with 3 votes!

The actual Pokemon was :pmd/latias: which no one submitted!

For this week, we are back at it again with another AAA team courtesy of BoingK
:pmd/empoleon::pmd/ting-lu::pmd/ceruledge::pmd/zapdos::pmd/latios::poke ball:
Empoleon and Ting-Lu are the main defensive core here, notably bad into Sandy Shocks. Ceruledge is the big breaker while Latios acts as speed control. Zapdos rounds the team out as a means to deal with Corviknight.
Submissions end Monday May 6th!

:pmd/scream-tail:
I had a long response but mobile is dumb and it got deleted so :/
Long story short is that ive been stumped, with my only guess being that this is a superman team.
Scream Tail @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pixilate
-Boomburst
-You
-Do
-You
Adds something slightly bulky to the paper thin defensive backbone of the team, and helps against omnipresent roaring moons and great tusks

Edit: Might as well include my villain monologue
This team just feels wrong to me. The blurb is segmented and disconnected, and the team is obviously built around the 6th pokemon being integral to the strategy. But the team doesn’t feel natural. The defensive backbone is too frail to check threats like roaring moon, barraskewda, or chien pao, but you also are way too passive of a team if you only have ceruledge and latios attempting to break. The speed control is incredibly minimal, and scarf Latios does not have the longevity to deal with an extended hazards game that roaring moon can force. The team has no removal, but that also feels misleading because the team is predominantly superman. You have no real manaphy answer other than getting thunder right or tricking it a choice scarf. The team needs a 6th member that tackles a myriad of issues but that just isn’t possible with the current team structure. The core feels like you took 2 balance mons and stuck them on a hyper offense team. It just feels wrong to me, and Ive been stumped. The list of roles has been checked:
Rocker- Check
Spiker- Check
Removal- Unneeded
Physical Breaker- Check
Regenerator mon- Check
Speed control- Iffy
Defensive backbone- Iffy
Special breaker- Iffy
My best guess to slot in his pixelate scream tail, but the team needs so much that just cant be provided.

Last edited:

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
:pmd/great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Knock Off
This team needs a Shocks check and removal; Ceruledge without removal sucks.

I did some research and found a recent post from BoingK mostly talking about Adaptability Meowscarada, but he also did mention:
:sv/diancie:
Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb/Earth Eater
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock/Protect
- Moonblast
- Body Press
- Diamond Storm
Diancie provides good matchups depending on the ability that is chosen and helps wall some of the strong hitters like Moon and Pao

Last edited:
After a particularly illuminated conversation with the certainly matte, I have deduced that this team may make slightly more sense now than it did upon my first inspection, but it is still wild
:heatran:
Heatran @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Will-O-Wisp
Magma Storm
Earth Power
Protect
mentions sandy shocks in particular and counters a lot of psychics and dragons roaming about

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
And the winner is Tsar Nikolai with their wonderful :pmd/diancie:

The actual Pokémon was :pmd/scream tail: by TDLoriat so congrats to them for getting it right!

This week, we got ourselves a bit of a fun one thanks to Evie
:pmd/perrserker::pmd/kingambit::pmd/scizor::pmd/gholdengo::pmd/heatran:
Silly SteelSpam of course built around Perrserker. Kingambit provides the much need anti-Intimidate support, while Scizor provides a strong Steely Spirit boosted priority option. Gholdengo gives a Spore immunity while also boasting hard hitting Make It Rains, especially while boosted by Steely Spirit. Heatran helps against Incineroar and Ogerpon-H by donating a Fire-immunity to the team.

Submissions end May 13th!

Assuming the final member sticks to the steel theme the team definitly needs ground type counters. :Corviknight:/:Skarmory: could work, but don't have great abilities to share. :Bronzong: could provide levitate and another fighting neutrality, but I think the best choice is :orthworm:. Earth Eater would fill that role perfectly.

There are 2 options of what I think it could be, one if it is monotype and one if it isnt
:pmd/sinistcha:
Sinistcha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hospitality
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Matcha Gotcha
- Life Dew
- Scald
- Trick Room
Cmon, 0 speed evs? too easy
and then
:pmd/bronzong:
idk man just trick room in 1/4 slots

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
Team needs
- steel type
- hazards
- very clearly trick room

This leaves Arceus-Steel (banned), Dialga (banned), NDM (banned), Jirachi (free Serene Grace), Magearna (VERY banned), Klefki and Bronzong.

:pmd/klefki: @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Trick Room
- Metal Sound
Prankster Metal Sound actually gives some interesting synergies with Gholdengo and Heatran, Spikes are never not appreciated, Trick Room gives you speed control and a way to use this team. Not sure about Magnet Rise but the team is pretty eq weak so it's kinda needed.

:pmd/bronzong: @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
This one is the obvious choice but it's already been mentioned

EDIT: I am very sorry for the mental damage I may have caused with my previous team

Last edited:
:sv/tinkaton:
Tinkaton @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Play Rough
- Fake Out
- Swords Dance
Its a steel, that passes the mother of all steel moves, more intimidate immunities, way to hit iron hands/raging bolt, technically a ground immunity, more fake out good, more sd good, and did i mention gigaton hammer.
Also provides gigaton hammer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)