Pokémon Enamorus-Incarnate

Taka

I'm the truth only time will teach ya
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
:sv/Enamorus:

Stats: 74/115/70/135/80/106
Abilities: Cute Charm / Contrary
Notable Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Zen Headbutt
- Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
- Agility

Pros:
- Enamorus has both decent mixed attacking stats and incredible coverage able to hit the entire metagame for neutral.
- Enamorus has a surprisingly deep movepool on both sides of the attacking spectrum, meaning that both physical, special, and mixed sets are viable.
- Enamorus has a key speed tier, letting it outspeed the majority of the metagame.
- Fairy moves are generally difficult to switch into, and Enamorus packs coverage to punish Steel- and Poison-types in Earth Power and Mystical Fire.
- Healing Wish and Taunt are incredible moves for keeping momentum up on offense.

Cons:
- Poor bulk on both sides means that it is vulnerable to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users and Booster Energy Pokemon.
- A Stealth Rock weakness makes it harder to utilize Choiced and Expert Belt/Life Orb/Leftovers over Heavy-Duty Boots.
- Although it has great coverage, Enamorus can be pivoted around and forced out by faster Pokemon.
- Enamorus effectively has no ability outside of non-stab Superpower on Contrary sets.

Tera Types:
- Choice Specs sets enjoy the spammable power of Tera Fairy Moonblast, which 2hkos even resists like Gholdengo. It also removes Enamorus' Stealth Rock weakness, making it easier for it to enter the field.
- Mixed and Heavy-Duty Boots sets can appreciate Tera Fire and Tera Ground for boosting Earth Power and Mystical Fire, letting it break through its usual checks in Gholdengo and Toxapex.
- Tera Fighting makes Contrary Superpower much harder to switch into, although this set has issues with Gholdengo.

Sets:

Choice Specs

Enamorus (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic / Healing Wish / Grass Knot / Focus Blast / Superpower

Pretty standard wallbreaker that breaks through fatter teams similar to Iron Valiant. There are no true switch-ins to this set apart from AV Toxapex (2hkoed by Earth Power after SR) and Blissey. Tera Fairy Moonblast is a nuke that breaks everything. The rocks weakness makes it much harder to pilot, unlike Iron Valiant. This set with Choice Scarf also works, and you most likely would prefer Healing Wish for momentum there.

Boots
Enamorus (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Expert Belt / Life Orb
Tera Type: Fire / Fighting
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Taunt / Superpower

Giving up the raw wallbreaking power of Choice Specs, Boots Enamorus utilizes its incredible coverage and Taunt to break through passive walls. Expert Belt/Life Orb gives Enamorus increased power to flaunt its strong coverage, but it makes Enamorus harder to consistently bring in.

Physical Breaker
Enamorus (F) @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fighting / Psychic
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute / Taunt

Baiting special walls, physical Enamorus uses contrary and its stab Play Rough to act as a physical wallbreaker. Not much to say about this set, it's a lure and significantly worse than the others, but not the worst thing possible.

Calm Mind
Enamorus (F) @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Ground / Fairy
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Earth Power

Calm Mind Enamorus can act as a late-game wincon and wallbreaker that breaks through common defensive cores such as Heatran / Dondozo / Skeledirge / Toxapex. Enamorus can utilize Tera Ground to brute force its way through Skeledirge and Toxapex, while using its strong Moonblasts to pressure Dondozo anyways.

Other Sets:
- Double Dance and CM Iron Defense are possible sets, but generally outclassed thanks to Enamorus' need to run multiple coverage moves and low bulk.

Verdict:
Enamorus will be a phenomenal offensive presence, acting as one of the few offensive Fairies in the metagame that breaks through Iron Valiant's traditional checks. (apart from magegoat)

Attachments

Last edited:
Enamorus-I's Healer in PLA got replaced by Cute Charm in SV. Watch people switch en masse to teams of female and/or genderless physical attackers, Grass Knot users, and Draining Kiss users besides the hapless all-male fellow genies and Grimmsnarl.

I brewed up this mixed Contrary Lure Enamorus-I set:

:SV/Enamorus:
Enamorus @ Expert Belt
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Expert Belt nets you these calcs on traditional Contrary Physical Enamorus-I checks:

4 SpA Expert Belt Enamorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 216-257 (68.5 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Expert Belt Enamorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skeledirge: 175-209 (42.5 - 50.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Expert Belt Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skeledirge: 262-312 (63.7 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think this mon is fire.

Fairy Flying always proved itself to be a useful typing due to important immunities. Not only that, but 4x U-Turn and Fighting resist give good switch-in opportunities.

Superpower allowed it to Stack Defense against priority moves whenever it Finisher something off.

Edit: Wait a sec Cute Charm is an evil ability. This is gonna be the reason to run female mons.

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If the Boots set is going to have item slashes you might as well rename it to Utility Attacker or something.

Maybe mention Tera Flying? Can break past stuff like Tera Grass Heatran easier.

252 SpA Tera Flying Enamorus Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Tera Grass Heatran: 252-300 (65.2 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Tera Flying Enamorus Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Tera Grass Heatran: 380-448 (98.4 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Not exactly standard but worth bringing up imo.

Once all the broken stuff is gone I think this will have a niche, it has a lot of set variability and pretty well allocated stats. UUBL at worst.

Enamorus @ Wide Lens
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Springtide Storm
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire

At first glance, this set seems like a meme, but I have found it to be quite effective thanks to the 30% attack drop that Springtide Storm adds. You lose out on the added power of specs or life orb, however the special attack/attack lowering combo of springtide and mystical fire gives this thing a bit more longevity. And tera Focus Blast hurts alot, specfically targets that think your running superpower instead.

Same reason they don't give it to thundy or lando. Hurricanes and winds are torn's thing. It would be weird if they started giving them each others' elemental attacks. Like imagine if lando got tbolt or enam got earth pow- oh wait.

Saying Torn is the wind-themed genie but he still loses defog and has never learned haze.
That's fixed by them all having signature moves. So torn keeps his unique wind storm move and the others can use their secondary stab.

:enamorus:
Enamorus @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Flying
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Tera Blast

Im not exaggerating when I say that modest teraflying 2hkos almost everything that isn’t blissey. With rocks it has a chance to 2hko av slowking-g aka the destroyer of special wall breakers. Scores 2hkos on Gholdengo, Clodsire, Corviknight, Kingambit, Zapdos and Heatran; yes read that again, flying type move 2hkoing Heatran. Traditional flying checks completely fail to stop the bird power of Tera-flying Enamorus.
heres some of the most bonkers calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Enamorus Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 140-165 (43.3 - 51%) -- 57% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Enamorus Tera Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 214-252 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Enamorus Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 159-188 (50.4 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Enamorus Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos: 160-189 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Enamorus Tera Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 200-236 (50.8 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now, this makes Enamorus worse at dealing with Zapdos, Kingambit, Ting-lu and some others due to lower speed and loss of fairy typing but it has the trade off of sniping defensive answers like clodsire, corv, slowking and amoongus with a super spammable stab move that has next to no reliable switch ins outside of stall

Enamorus-I's Healer in PLA got replaced by Cute Charm in SV. Watch people switch en masse to teams of female and/or genderless physical attackers, Grass Knot users, and Draining Kiss users besides the hapless all-male fellow genies and Grimmsnarl.

I brewed up this mixed Contrary Lure Enamorus-I set:

:SV/Enamorus:
Enamorus @ Expert Belt
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Expert Belt nets you these calcs on traditional Contrary Physical Enamorus-I checks:

4 SpA Expert Belt Enamorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 216-257 (68.5 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Expert Belt Enamorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skeledirge: 175-209 (42.5 - 50.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Expert Belt Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skeledirge: 262-312 (63.7 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Late reply, but since the thread is still active I may as well comment I've been using this set on cartridge for the past month to good success.
I just run Naive instead because even at +1 Def she can't really stomach most physical moves.
This set also lends itself to Fly, which is fun even if impractical.

Enamorus is easily a new favorite of mine, but overall she faces stiff competition from Iron Valiant in other departments. As long as the metal menace is still running amok with nuclear dual STABs + 116 Spe + Knock Off + ratio, I think Enamorus will have to be content playing second fiddle.

Late reply, but since the thread is still active I may as well comment I've been using this set on cartridge for the past month to good success.
I just run Naive instead because even at +1 Def she can't really stomach most physical moves.
This set also lends itself to Fly, which is fun even if impractical.

Enamorus is easily a new favorite of mine, but overall she faces stiff competition from Iron Valiant in other departments. As long as the metal menace is still running amok with nuclear dual STABs + 116 Spe + Knock Off + ratio, I think Enamorus will have to be content playing second fiddle.
Enamorus is better as a dedicated special wallbreaker though. Valiant is unable to muscle past the fattest special walls unlike Enamorus

Enamorus is better as a dedicated special wallbreaker though. Valiant is unable to muscle past the fattest special walls unlike Enamorus
What are significant Special Walls Enamorus breaks through that Valiant cannot? Glowking takes 45% max from a +1/Choice Specs Earth Power and does 65% in return with Sludge Bomb. Clod I'll give you for Valiant without Psyshock, but want to know which in particular are the Walls you have in mind. While the match-up is better, Enamorus as a Wallbreaker still needs the same stuff weakened as Special Valiant, who conversely has a better speed tier for offense (meaning against balance or BO he's less easily revenged) and a significant set variety with Mixed, full Special, and sets using utility like Encore alongside "progress forcers" like Knock Off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)