BW RU Choice team etc

Hi

I'm here to present you a rather unusual team with the distinct quality of having 6 choice items and 0 users of Stealth Rock. Despite this, it somehow exceeded all of my expetations and went 4-0 in SPL, after being built just for fun originally. I don't usually write RMTs, but since this team is both unusual and successful I decided to give it a try.

Introduction etc

Generally, this team works because it is constantly on the offensive. Between specs Leaf Storms and CB Head Smashes, the opponent just doesn't have any breathing space, and with every attack (except haunter's, but I'll get to that later) being boosted it won't take long to wear him down. A problem is that because it lacks entry hazards, the opponent has an easier time switching, but the only member on the team who learns SR is Aggron who is ~always better off using head smash, while none of the members are easily replacable. It works anyway though so who gives a shit; let's move on to the actual team.

The team at a glance etc

The individual members etc

@ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Entei's main purposes are punching holes into the opponent's team and picking off fast weakened mons, which is why it pretty much only ever uses flare blitz and extremespeed. It destroys almost every single pokemon in the tier on the switch, and the ones that can survive usually have to recover, giving me a free switch, or can't, making them easy to wear down. Sometimes the team relies on Entei to revenge kill a dangerous threat like Sharpedo though, so it's important to plan its use carefully, as it can die pretty quickly with SR on the field and flare blitz recoil. Not much else to say about Entei since it only really uses two moves.

(M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

When I added it to the team, Haunter's only purpose was the surprisingly hard task of killing omastar (who otherwise sweeps the team clean if it gets a free turn) and I was annoyed that I had to add a scarfer. However, it turned out to be really good outside of that too. It generally comes in to revenge kill fast threats I can't KO without taking damage myself or to clean in the late game. It can also trick a wall or a set up sweeper if its speed isn't needed in a particular game. Its moveset doesn't have a good coverage or anything, but it's enough to accomplish what I need it to. Giga drain is necessary to OHKO Omastar while sludge bomb allows Haunter to take care of grass types like Sceptile, who this team has a lot of trouble with. Shadow ball is just there to hit stuff like Sigilyph and slowking super effectively if I ever need to, since it doesn't really need anything else.

@ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom is mostly used early in the game to weaken the opponent's team and give free switches to Aggron and Entei or just deal tons of damage with Leaf Storm, depending on the situation. Hp fire is mainly for ferroseed and doesn't come to use very often, while trick is a good option if I want to Volt Switch without having to worry about Ground-types getting free turns. This is important because this team hates SR due to not having any recovery outside of regenerator, so keeping them off the field and pressuing/getting rid of the opponent's SR user is a high priority early in the game, which is something Rotom is perfectly equipped for with volt switch and leaf storm.

(M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Psyshock

Slowking plays a very important role in this team, taking care of Fire-types like Entei and Moltres as well as pretty much anything that doesn't 2HKO it. It's also hard to OHKO, so it can come in after a KO or a volt switch and beat a ton of shit one on one. What really sets it apart, though, is regenerator, which allows it to function as a wall (within limits) and check strong attackers throughout the game even with a choice item. Grass knot is mostly there to avoid being a completely free switch-in for other Slowking, while fire blast takes care of any Grass-types attempting to switch in. Psyshock is mainly used for jynx, who is a huge threat to this team, and makes Slowking the team's best switch-in to Gallade.

(M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

Tangrowth's role is similar to Slowking's, as it's also really bulky and can rely on some recovery in form of regenerator. While Slowking mainly takes care of the special side, Tangrowth's purpose is holding off physical threats such as Feraligatr and Aerodactyl or beating anything that can't KO it one on one. As with every member, its use in a specific game depends heavily on the opponeent's team. If there's nothing important for Tangrowth to check, it's used more offensively and the other way around. Sleep powder might seem odd on a choice specs set, but it's still really useful as it effectively takes out a mon and gives you (and the opponent I guess but whatever) a free switch. Focus blast isn't that useful because Afrobull isn't seen very often and nobody recognizes the excellence of sap sipper Miltank, but I still have it just in case, while hp fire hits other grass types. Tangrowth mostly just uses leaf storm though.

(M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

I present you the most amazing pokemon in the game™. Aggron generally just doesn't give a shit about anything and kills things with head smash. In case that this isn't possible due obstacles like steelix, it can usually overcome these with one or two correct predictions, and in the rare case that that isn't possible due to something like quagsire blocking the way, there's still the entire team left to put pressure on it. Aggron will almost always get to get a good head smash off eventually, and when it does, something dies. Of course this won't always work that easily, but it still almost guarantees one KO per match, often more. Aside from this, it can force out pretty much everything that can't OHKO it, provide a good switch-in to subroost Honchkrow, take a head smash from another Aggron, destroy leftovers Sigilyph and force out pretty much everything that can't OHKO it. Aggron is amazing.

Closing comments etc

That should be it, I hope you like it. I don't know why this team works, but it does! It's also incredibly fun to use, so I encourage everyone to try it out. Have fun etc

In summary, this team's greatest strength is that it doesn't lose, somehow

Also shoutout to CBB for the original idea and IFM for telling me to use it in SPL

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
This i actually a really solid team with no 1 poke that beats it. But being a choiced team and no rapid spin you really have to watch out for for a spike stacking team utilizing Mixpedo and NP cofagrigus. As these duo can basically shred through this team. Sharpedo on itself is a major threat. You probly know this already and just remember to play Entei very carefully.

Overall, really solid team but remember that a well played sharpedo/cofag duo can really hurt the team. Good job on the team!

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In summary, this team's greatest strength is that it doesn't lose, somehow

i used this team for fun a little while ago, and this sentence is correct, the synergy of the pokemon together and the sheer power of choice boosted moves, along with the regenerator core is hard for most teams to handle. Creative team ginku! luvdisc'd!!!

Right I knew I forgot something, sorry IFM

Also thanks for the input everyone, and fuck you BR Wormadam is strong

Wish i played against this team with a real team to test its limits a bit more. Either way, great team but the only real issue that you could have are things like ShellSmash or basically any dangerous setup sweeper. To fix that, I guess Life Orb would work on Entei.....but I guess that ruins the whole theme...so fuck it. Great team.

i told you to use it to Ginku!

Nothing really needs to be said since you went 4-0 and would of been undefeated if you used it more! but i would add extra speed on tangrowth to beat other tangrowth since you run HP fire so you will lose to all 4 speed tangrowth. You sacrifice so little to hit it with an HP fire before you get either killed or slept depending on the situation. Its rare but helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)