[BW2] Cero

Hi all ! What I'm now going to present is one of my favourite teams. I started building it something like a month ago and I kept testing it. After various fixies I've finally reached a "final" variant. I gived it the name of my nickname because I'm not a god name-inventor but nvm x) Let' see then !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Building Phase

The team is a Balanced-Weatherless one. I've started to build around the Amonguss + Slowbro core. Why ? Those two Pokèmon are sharing a very useful trait: Regenerator. It allows them to recover 1/3 of their HP upon switching out ! Apart this, they can spam two very annoying negative status: Sleep and Paralysis. This core doesn't suffer many things since the typing of a Pokèmon covers the other one, but things like Ebelt or Specs Latios and Breloom can give me some problems. The first one can strike Amonguss with Psyshock and Slowbro with Dmeteor and Breloom can sleep one of the two and setup pretty easy. To protect the core from Dmeteor, Outrage and similar stuff I decided to put in full SP Def Heatran. His typing allows him to take dragon attacks with no problems (even if he fears EQ, but i can still play around it) while setting SR, spamming Toxic, Lava Plume or simply Roar. The next treath is Breloom and for him I've decided to put in Sleep Talk Latios. A bit gimmick but very effective since Latios is a nice revenge killer and often my panic-button thanks to his great coverage and speed. Draco Meteor is a very powerful STAB which, allows him to inflict good damage to everything doen't resist dragon, HP Fire hits Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress and similar stuff. Psyshock insteand hits mainly things like Gengar and Keldeo. So, if breloom uses Spore on Latios, Sleep Talk can inflict him great damage indipendently of the move it will use. Now any random Mamoswine can give me a hard time. I need to do something, quickly. My answer is Scizor. But not a normal Scizor: Roost + SD. Scizor has got a little bit of bulk and thanks to Roost you can use it to boost him. Mamo's EQ 3hkoes him and gives the time to set-up (even if is not needed) and begin attacking. For the last slot I was thinking about something that could put quickly an end to a battle after status spamming etc. Lucario is one of the best Pokèmon for this role and helps a lot against Mamoswine. And he has got also a little particular set !
Told in a few words, this team's strategy is stalling the opponent in order to open the way to Lucario's cleaning.
Let'see the In-Depth Analysis ! But before, there's an "At a Glance" of the team:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In-Depth

Lucario (F) @ Normal Gem

Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Close Combat

The main SD set of Lucario, except Normal Gem. This is mainy to don't take any recoil damage from LO but inflict nice damage at the same time. For example, +2 252 Atk Espeed + Normal Gem can OHKO Chomp after SR and Cruel. Crunch is for don't letting Jelly rape him. I don't need BPunch also because i have Scizor. Don't tell me to change Normal Gem with LO ç_ç

Scizor (F) @ Metal Coat

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

As i previously said, this is a normal SD Scizor. Metal Coat Boosts BPunch without recoil (I could even put LO considering Roost, but I still hate recoils). There's not much more to say: his spread lets him take more hits to let him boost, Bug Bite for things like Celebi and Roost to regain HPs.

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

One of my special tanks. If my opponent leads with something like Forretress I usually lead with him. Spore puts opponent asleep while I predict the switch out using Stun Spore. Telling the truth, this strategy doesn't work like in BW1 (maybe because people learned it) but it's still annoying. HP Ice and Giga Drain (STAB) make a good use of his usable SAtk. HP Ice hits mainly Lando-T and Giga Drain gives to Amoonguss another kind of recover.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Nice defensive tank. Unlike Amoonguss, he has also got a resonable recovery move, Slack Off, united to Regenerator. Psychic hits hard stuff like Toxicroak that can be very problematic. Scald is just a second STAB, useful too. TWave paralyses where Amoonguss can't.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

His main job is tanking Outrages / Dmeteor but I've noticed he dosen't tank very well Outrages. I thought about giving him more EVs in Def and HP Ice to kill everything locked in Outrage. For the rest, he takes any special attack very well. Very useful Pokèmon, sets also SR. I fear just a bit EQs don't having Air Baloon, but Latios can enter on them and strike.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I love this set of Latios. Enters very easy on Breloom's Spore and kills him like a boss. For the rest, classic set. His Dmeteors are very powerful and this united to his excellent speed boosted by Choice Scarf and his coverage makes him one of the best revengekiller ever. I like calling him the "perfect scarf user" and he actually is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weakness

Sun teams are my main concern. Especially Volcarona. That beast can setup on almost all of my Pokènon and destroy everything. To deal with him I have ho keep SR up everytime and take it down with Lucario's ExtremeSpeed or if he is just +1 with Latios (Psyshock). Venusaur is another problematic Pokèmon. After a growth is very difficult to stop. The only hopes are again Lucario's ExtremeSpeed or Latios's Psyshock and maybe Scizor's BPunch but it won't work if he is full HP so if Latios is dead i must sacrifice one of them. Heatran can theoretically stop both of them but it fears Venusau's EQ and Volcarona's HP Ground, even if it shouldn't OHKO him just at +1.

Last edited:
Hi there. I would recommend a Air Balloon Heatran to deal with your Volcarona / Venusaur weakness. Heatran already walls Volcarona to death, and even if it has HP Ground it cannot hit Heatran because of Air Balloon. The same goes with Venusaur, as mixed attacking sets will fail to do noticable damage as with the Sun boost, Heatran will 1HKO Venusaur.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 92 HP / 164 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- HP Ice
- Roar

Sorry for the short rate, and hope I helped!

- Lampent

Thanks for the suggestion Lampent ^^ I'll certainly try it, but i would like to have more rates, trough.

Hey there.
It is a very interesting team you have there, I can't really rate your team because it seems very correct, but I'll help you.
Currently your main threat is Offensive Heatran (Sun version), it can do a lot of damage because slowbro can not come on him easily and it outspeed Lucario, but also because the power of scald is decreased under Sun, then if the opponent plays the specially defensive version you'll be very disadvantaged cause of the Toxic + Protect combo, only lucario can come for revenge kill him but the opponent will inevitably switch to get back after, and generally Heatran is played with Earth Power so you won't be able to come up with your Heatran, i'd suggest Offensive Heatran @ Air Balon, That set is really effective for your team, because you can check Suns teams with Dugtrio and you can come easily on Venusaure@EQ/Volcarona @ Hp ground, then with this set you can also come on the other Heatrans and kill them with Earth Power.

Now I suggest to put Ice beam over Thunder Wave on Slowbro, because you are weak to Dragons Spamms, yes the Garchomp + Dragonite + Salamence combo can do much damage, without ice beam you can't kill them easily, the opponent can therefore set up even after thunderwave to kill you, and so you will not be able to come on the others dragons, with Ice beam you can 2HKO/OHKO and thus be protected from the DragMags. Liked <3

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 184 HP / 164 SAtk / 160 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your team.
~Leftiez

Thanks Leftiez ^^
I've tried Lampent's Heatran version and it seems to be working, but also Leftiez's version is interesting. I'll try it right now ^^
I also agree with Ice Beam > TWave on Slowbro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)