Big City Mafia 2 - Three Districts - Won by Lavender Lions

Cool game although it took too long, I think multiple deadlines could've been shortened. I killed like half the game so I did my part! Mafia slowplaying the last day was very :pirate:

I was too nice to the mafia although I had to be. It was a tricky position early on but I was probably too honest about myself and then the one lie I did tell (having a bpv) ended up confirming my death (actually it didn't matter since the right move was to vote me regardless but it's some good irony anyways). I didn't really think about nor was I ever going to learn about that secret mafia ability but presumably I should've predicted it and moved AF and HH to the same district. But I figured I would be doing them a favor keeping them separate, which I was, but it really shouldn't have been a big consideration of mine.

I guess I was a little too complacent in thinking that the town would always be the majority in the vote. Otherwise, things were looking pretty good for me and I would have won once numbers got down to 4. Maybe I could've gotten away with killing HH but I'm not sure I could've gotten the numbers down in time. In that scenario it's 5v1v1, AF dies and it's 5v1 and I need to get a little lucky.

I thought I did ok overall. Kind of unlucky at the start. Probably could've used my town status in the midgame more effectively but I was maybe too focused on town as a bigger threat. I didn't really get why pulsar kept getting elected. I think that was the biggest botch by the town because pulsar (sorry to say) wasn't very effective at communicating information between the electorate and the general populace. The blazade vote was pretty bad, there were way better options but not like I was going to fight too hard against it. Mistake in hindsight not to solve the BG dual claim. Town definitely would've benefited a lot more had AG/pulsar been more forceful in leading after they were cleared. I tried to help but pulsar never bothered to tell me who genisu tracked or saber rogued. alas.

are laurel and internet really going to host a big? am I really the next NOC game? o_o

GGs.

This game was a bit frustrating because it feels like we could have been able to use a traditional leader system even with the restrictions and in forgoing that, we made a lot of mistakes.

I got a shit, unprovable role that doesn't do anything at night, can't be cleared by a cop except if they die (and Celever didn't clear me even after I explicitly asked to be cleaned for these reasons), and yeah, I felt "left out" by people and ultimately mislynched for no reason on a day when we should have deterministically had a guilty on HH. It's difficult to have a worse time than that. Nevertheless I like the setup and I like the lower power of the game. I'm glad you guys all had fun playing and you're all cool people. Thanks, zorbees!

Cool game although it took too long, I think multiple deadlines could've been shortened.

I didn't really get why pulsar kept getting elected. I think that was the biggest botch by the town because pulsar (sorry to say) wasn't very effective at communicating information between the electorate and the general populace. The blazade vote was pretty bad, there were way better options but not like I was going to fight too hard against it. Mistake in hindsight not to solve the BG dual claim. Town definitely would've benefited a lot more had AG/pulsar been more forceful in leading after they were cleared.
GGs.

This game was a bit frustrating because it feels like we could have been able to use a traditional leader system even with the restrictions and in forgoing that, we made a lot of mistakes.

I got a shit, unprovable role that doesn't do anything at night, can't be cleared by a cop except if they die (and Celever didn't clear me even after I explicitly asked to be cleaned for these reasons), and yeah, I felt "left out" by people and ultimately mislynched for no reason on a day when we should have deterministically had a guilty on HH. It's difficult to have a worse time than that. Nevertheless I like the setup and I like the lower power of the game. I'm glad you guys all had fun playing and you're all cool people. Thanks, zorbees!
I strongly agree with these cherry-picked sentiments. Some other thoughts:

I thought I played relatively well for my crappy role (it's a coin flip between whether Blazade or I had the worse role tbh), managing to be solidly townread by Celever, who coordinated Blazade and I before the latter got voted. I even predicted that JALMONT was a wolf the night M2H died, but I had no evidence to back it up and basically had to cooperate with him (I was also unaware of the alternate night kill system, so I thought that Maf had hit a BPV instead of just being on cooldown)

I think the district system was fun and innovative, but still think it fits better on in a Big game or for there to be some mechanic that reduces the number of districts as the playerlist dwindles. The main issue that I had with it was that oftentimes there were districts that had very few players, so then they were stuck talking to very few people for essentially 5 days. I think the district system would work especially well with a lynchpin that would split the town while simultaneously collapsing the districts--that would be fun and chaotic.

I'm going to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but I think town lost this game with the Blazade lynch, and really dropped the ball. There was definitely a path to a HyHy lynch e4, but from what I see in the Townburg chat Pulsar / AG said literally nothing to their district to determine that vote and then essentially randed Blazade, which was just objectively a huge missed opportunity. Pulsar also randed her pizzas onto two scum, but I can't really blame her for that--it's just bad luck.

I'll also sound like a broken record here, but I think bluedoom played especially well this game tbh. Fooled me! a fairy also played well from what I hear, but I literally never interacted with her outside of e0 so lol.

Finally, it was a pleasure to chat with Celever both in the early stages of the game when discussing AG's claim and in the graveyard for our long political discussion.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
W.R.T. the pulsar pizzas - it definitely didn't help that two of Pulsar's closest friends outside of the game (HH and myself, we share a different community the three of us) were both scum - I don't know if that had anything to do with her selections (especially mine), but her N1 selection definitely felt like her just selecting a friend and her confidence in my towniness also felt in part due to us being close friends elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)