Armaldo [BW2 Revamp] (QC: 3/3) (GP 2/2)

THIS IS QC 3/3 and GP 2/2
AmC'ed by FUZZNIP to make it easier for GP :)
DONE
dancing fossil

[Overview]

<p>While Armaldo does possess above average stats, a wide variety of offensive options, and the ever-handy Rapid Spin, it is still considered a mediocre Pokemon. The biggest problem is that Armaldo requires a lot of support to be used effectively, as it fails make use of its bulk due to its mediocre typing, while also failing to spin against the two top Ghost-type Pokemon in the tier&mdash;Golurk and Misdreavus&mdash;one-on-one. On top of that, Armaldo is too slow to reliably Rapid Spin without being revenge killed by faster Pokemon such as Samurott and Sawk. Armaldo does have one redeeming trait however: its ability, Swift Swim. With it, Armaldo is capable of beating most Ghost-types in the tier as well as outspeeding every Pokemon up to Zebstrika, all while still dealing good damage to most Pokemon in this offensive-inclined metagame. Despite its mediocrity, Armaldo can be put to good use on dedicated rain teams. If you're looking for a way for your weatherless team to prevent hazards from being set up on your side of the field, however, Mold Breaker Sawk and Taunt leads, such as Samurott and Misdreavus, will perform the role better than Armaldo ever will.</p>

[SET]
name: Swift Swim
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Rock Blast / Stone Edge
move 3: Aqua Tail
move 4: Rapid Spin
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Adamant
item: Lum Berry / Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set should only be used on rain teams, where it can take on Regice and Kangaskhan, Pokemon that most rain teams have trouble with. Furthermore, Armaldo can now beat all Ghost-type Pokemon while also having a shot at pulling off a sweep once it nabs a boost. If you aren't using a rain team, you're better off with other Rapid Spin users such as Wartortle and Torkoal. Swords Dance boosts Armaldo's Attack stat to monstrous levels, turning it from an average Pokemon to a deadly sweeper in one turn if given the opportunity. Rock Blast provides a decent STAB move that can dent a bunch of Pokemon for good damage, and also gives Armaldo the ability to break through Substitutes and Focus Sashes; Lum Berry is the preferred item in this case as the utility that it provides comes in handy should Armaldo get crippled by status conditions such as Misdreavus's Will-O-Wisp. Stone Edge can also be used if you want a more consistent STAB move; however, it should only be used with Life Orb which allows Armaldo to hit hard and OHKO Misdreavus at +2. Aqua Tail in the rain acts like a psuedo-STAB move; it also has near-perfect coverage alongside Armaldo's Rock-type STAB and maims Golurk in the rain. Rapid Spin can remove hazards, such as Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock, that are troublesome to rain sweepers.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Jolly can be used if you want Armaldo to outspeed Swellow under rain, but the extra Speed does not make up for the lower damage output most of the time. Rock Slide is a decent option for a STAB move, but it is less powerful than Stone Edge and has less utility compared to Rock Blast. Preferred teammates for Armaldo are those that can set up rain and benefit from it. Volbeat and Gardevoir are good utility rain-inducers, while Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Ludicolo can also set up rain while benefiting from it as well. Practically anything that beats dedicated physical walls is of great help to Armaldo; Eelektross, Swanna, Misdreavus, and Mantine can all assist Armaldo greatly.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Any other choices for Armaldo are either terrible or severely outclassed. That said, if you insist on seeing this for yourself, there are a few select alternatives that you can make use of. If you're not using Armaldo in the rain for some odd reason, Battle Armor is the ability of choice. A physically defensive set with Stealth Rock / Rock Blast / Rapid Spin / Toxic or Knock Off might seem good on paper, but in reality, it fails to wall a good amount of prominent threats in NU, as Armaldo's typing is mediocre at best. X-Scissor is not recommended as Armaldo has trouble finding space for it, and the extra coverage is not that useful most of the time. It's quite sad that Armaldo learns Sunny Day but not Rain Dance, as it doesn't benefit from the sun at all. One thing that is useful to an extent is Rock Polish, which enables Armaldo's Speed to be boosted without rain. Armaldo also has access to other boosting moves such as Hone Claws and Curse, but most of the time, you're better off just attacking as these boosting moves aren't worth your while.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Offensive Water-type Pokemon, such as Samurott and Carracosta, can kill Armaldo with their STAB attacks. Metang and Seismitoad can take any hit from Armaldo and deal serious damage with their STAB moves. Tangela and Alomomola laugh at all of Armaldo's attempts at getting past them, as they can put it to sleep or hit it with a super effective attack, respectively; however, as Armaldo should be used on rain teams, it will have teammates that will likely get past that problem. Carracosta and Weezing can handle Armaldo well, but they should be wary after Armaldo gains a boost or two. While Armaldo can support a team by removing entry hazards, it has problems with them as Armaldo is weak to all of those entry hazards. Strong special attacks also hurt Armaldo greatly, but it does have enough bulk to take most neutral hits when at full health.</p>

Code:
[Overview]
[list]
[*]it seems like a solid pokemon at first glance.
[*]but nu spinners generally suck, armaldo is no exception.
[*]only performs well under rain; it is mediocre elsewhere.
[*]faces competition with wartortle—who can guarantee a spin through foresight, or torkoal—who can boost its special attack and speed with shell smash.
[*]its defensive capabilites are drastically hindered by its odd typing—granting common weaknesses in water- and rock-type attacks with resistances to only normal-types, as well as the practically irrelevant poison-type.
[*]its superb attack stat is held back by odd STAB moves that can't handle the most common ghost-type—golurk.
[*]however, its offensive movepool gives it numerous coverage options such as aqua tail to remedy that disadvantage.
[*]low speed prevents it from spinning sometimes as a lot of pokemon have ways to deal with it; it has to rely on swift swim to be able to spin most of the time.
[*]if your team isn't rain reliant, mold breaker sawk, taunt samurott, or any form of constant offensive pressure are better choices if you want to prevent hazards from being set up.
[/list]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
[list]
[*]highly recommended to be used under rain.
[*]best bet if you want armaldo to pull off a spin or sweep.
[*]it also deals with things like sawsbuck, regice, and water absorb mantine—pokemon who cause trouble to rain teams.
[*]it has respectable offensive prowess.
[*]swords dance boosts its already-great attack, allowing it to hit misdreavus and golurk much harder.
[*]rapid spin is used to get rid of hazards that rain teams despise, most namely the two forms of spikes.
[*]rock blast allows it to hit misdreavus hard, as well as providing a good overall stab option.
[*]stone edge is less accurate, but allows certain 2hkos to things like kangaskhan and serperior.
[*]aqua tail gives armaldo perfect coverage alongside its rock-type stab attacks; it also acts like a pseudo-stab under rain.
[/list]
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
[list]
[*]lum berry is used to shed off status that jynx, musharna, and misdreavus might put unto it. it also allows armaldo to beat misdreavus more effectively. even without life orb, it still has the power of ohko-info most golurks at +2 in rain.
[*]life orb strenghtens all of its attacking moves; it can now mostly ohko standard misdreavus at +2 with aqua tail in the rain after rocks.
[*]jolly can be used to outspeed swellow when rain is set up.
[*]rock slide is much more reliable than the other two rock-type attacks, but it weaker and has less utility overall.
[*]good partners for armaldo are those that set up rain—volbeat and ludicolo make excellent teammates at that sense.
[*]mantine and swanna beat physical walls.
[*]anything that handles physical walls are good teammates. mixed eelektross is a cool teammate as it benefits from rain with its STAB while dealing with Alomomola.
[*]misdreavus also beats most physical walls.
[*]water absorb seismitoad and ludicolo beat most rock-, steel-, and certain water-types decently.
[/list]
[Other Options]
[list]
[*] Battle Armor
[*] X-Scissor
[*] Physically Defensive with Support Moves
[*] Choice Band
[*] Rock Polish
[*] Curse and Hone Claws
[*] Sunny Day
[/list]
[Checks and Counters]
[list]
[*] quite a lot actually
[*]common leads handle it (golem, lurk, tang, toad)
[*] alomomola
[*] weezing can check it
[*]carracosta can set up or straight out wall.
[*] hazards take a toll on health
[*] water-types
[*]tangela
[*] strong special hits leave a mark
[/list]

Last edited:
On the (sandshrew mention?) part, you can just say "Armaldo is the only fully-evolved Pokemon with access to both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin in NU."

I think I'd like to see Knock Off slashed with SD on the offensive spin set. Since Misdreavus is the most common spinner in the tier, and Armaldo can threaten all the others just fine, Knock Off is a cool move to catch Missy off guard and greatly threaten its survivability. If not slashed, it should at least be AC.

rainmaldo: I like it, other QC members may not. here's what I have to say about it.
I'd slash Rapid Spin after Swords Dance on the set.
I'm sure there's some better EV spread out there for the rain set, but I'm super tired and cbf to try and figure out the optimal Speed for it. It might even want to run Jolly, but idk what that gets the jump on.

i cant find any speed tier calcs (kalashnikov is down), but im certain that the speed evs for rainmaldo should probably be changed. and yeah im definitely gonna slash knock off as (a) swords dance armaldo isnt even amazing on the metagame from my exp. and (b) i can never find a good time to actually set up an SD without being revenged by something faster afterward. :[

i probably am gonna change the order of moves on the rainmaldo set. but as i said i never used it yet (gonna use it soon though), so im not 100% sure if this set is fit for the meta. i will however slash stone edge with rock blast because its a strong move that is more fit for a sweeper like rainmaldo.

Another set under rain you can consider about is the following, only with Rapid Spin but without SD:

Armaldo@ Lum Berry Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Fast spinner, the three physical attacks are quite good, also Superpower against normal and ice type. The Lum Berry allows to "escape" from attempts to obstruction by opponent pokemon.

Also I try to help about this quality card (what I can do better).

@Swamp-Rocket u_u

@The Quasar Superpower is interesting. Gonna wait for QC's approval though (I'm also on a phone and I'm feeling lazy lol)

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'll test out the Swift Swim Armaldo set a bit more, but I feel like it is the best set in this metagame. Sorry, but the SD Rapid Spin Armaldo set doesn't work that well in a metagame where Misdreavus and Golurk are among the most used Pokemon. The new standard Golurk outpaces max Speed Golem now, and Misdreavus are commonly carrying Foul Play (and you still take a lot of damage from Shadow Ball, where after entry hazards another Pokemon can simply revenge kill Armaldo before it can Spin). I've discussed this with EBeast and we've both agreed it isn't worth going on-site.

For the sd Rapid Spin set:
q/c reject 1/3

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In the Overview, points 3,4, and 5 should be be shortened to say that it's typing grants it few resistances and many weaknesses to common Pokemon.

In terms of the sets I have no idea what to do with Armaldo. I think that the Swift Swim set is the best it can do in NU, because honestly it's extremely mediocre as a spinner without the extra Speed. I would like to have Swift Swim be the first set, and I'll give you stuff to add after this.

I talked over with WhiteDMist and we both think that the regular Rapid Spin set doesn't deserve to be on site. It's actually losing to every variant of Misdreavus as Foul Play OHKOes after SR and the 2 Shadow Balls that Missy can get off on it put in a a range where it can't switch out. It's too slow to Rapid Spin vs basically anything that the opponent can switch in to check it afterwards. It's also really a really mediocre boosting Pokemon with or without Rapid Spin. With Swords Dance being removed, a change the Overview should be made, but wait for it to be completely rejected before doing so.

QC Reject for Swords Dance 2/3

As for the Swift Swim set, I think Rock Blast should be the main option for its Rock-type STAB. It doesn't need the more reliable power of Stone Edge since it can now take on non-Foul Play variants of Misdreavus with just Lum Berry and its faster Speed. In fact I would have Stone Edge go in AC since it's power of a power vs accuracy type thing.

The move set order should be: Swords Dance / Rapid Spin / Rock Blast / Aqua Tail. EVs should be: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (Spe not Spd basically). Jolly should get a mention in AC for allowing it to outspeed the whole metagame. Adamant is the main nature because it still outspeeds the most metagame in the Rain, only missing out on Swellow.

For Set Comments you should write about how it's useful on dedicated teams as it can take on annoying Pokemon such as Sawsbuck as well as Rapid Spin much more reliably while still being able to sweep with Swords Dance. Aqua Tail gets good coverage with Rock Blast and gets a boost from the Rain. Mention Lum Berry allows it to beat Misdreavus to get off the Rapid Spin and potentially use it to set up a free Swords Dance against status. Try to add more stuff to this and AC on your own as well. I'll be back later to look over it again.

yeah, i myself kinda doubted sd rapid spin's viability. im on the works on testing out swift swim, and so far, its actually pretty decent. i have no problem removing the first set, so reject it if you wish.

edit: should i say that armaldo's only viable on rain teams and mediocre elsewhere?

edit 2: i did

QC Reject 3/3 for Swords Dance~

I would more say that Armaldo's main niche is on rain teams and that its terrible defensive typing, Speed, inability to beat spinblockers, etc. all hold it back from performing well as a Rapid Spinner. At least with rain, its defensive typing is practically a non-issue, its Speed is good, and its inability to beat spinblockers is less of an issue since you can overwhelm the opponent offensively to the point where they are far less concerned with you spinning and more concerned about surviving the 5-8 turns of rain. So yeah, to summarize that in a single bullet point, you can just say that rain helps to make up for its flaws as a Rapin Spinner or something like that.

I removed the Swords Dance set and implemented all of the other QC's suggestions. The only thing that I did not rule out is Stone Edge on the main set; it was really good when I tested it out. If other QC'ers have an objection otherwise, I'll just make a mention of it in Team Options & Additional Comments~

Some stamps or suggestions would be cool!

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since you are slashing Life Orb, emphasize that Rain lets +2 Adamant Armaldo OHKO 248HP/220Def Misdreavus 87.5% of the time with Aqua Tail after Rocks. Since you no longer have Lum Berry to take a burn, it helps that you don't have to rely on Rock Blast getting a high hit roll (at Adamant +2 with LO it takes 4 hits to OHKO Missy). Also emphasize that even without a boost, a Lum Berry Armaldo can OHKO any Golurk who doesn't invest in both HP and Defense (252 Atk Armaldo (+Atk) Aqua Tail vs 252 HP/0 Def Golurk: 98.43% - 116.23% (87.5% chance to OHKO in Rain). I tested out the set a little and I've found that Armaldo is better used as a sweeper that can also Rapid Spin if necessary rather than a Rapid Spinner that can sweep. Rain teams don't usually need a Spinner because they are so offensive in the first place, so getting rid of Toxic Spikes is really the main reason I see for needing a spinner.

While something that can handle physical walls (namely Alomomola and Tangela) would be useful, I don't think SubBU Braviary should be specifically mentioned; it doesn't fit the Rain playstyle very well since it is a Pokemon that requires several turns of set-up to actually break though them. Maybe emphasize wallbreakers like Mixed Eelektross (who can also take advantage of Thunder at the cost of a weakened Flamethrower) and Floatzel instead. Rain teams tend to carry several Swift Swim sweepers anyways, so they can usually power through walls with brute force. You can also move the mention of Battle Armor to OO, there is really no reason to mention using Armaldo on non-Rain teams as Wartortle and Torkoal are usually better in those situations.

X-Scissor should be mentioned in OO, AC if at all possible. Add Toxic and Knock Off to OO since they still have some utility. You can remove Missy and Golurk from CC, the whole point of this set being the main one is to break through them. Weezing is more of a check than a counter since it doesn't take +2 hits that well and can only really Haze/Pain Split it back: put Tangela there instead since the set doesn't mention X-Scissor.

qc approved 1/3

ebeast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rename the set to: Swift Swim, like WhiteDMist said it's not really a dedicated Rapid Spin user but more of a sweeper that can Spin. In that case also change the move order to: Swords Dance / Rock-STAB / Aqua Tail / Rapid Spin.

Rain has plenty of things to beat Alomomola and Tangela, for partners Ludicolo should be the main one along with Swanna and Mantine.

QC Approved 2/3

I am finished with the write-up. I kinda did this analysis in a hurry, so if there are any problems please notify me ^.^

ebeast

[Overview]
I would combine the first two sentences together and try to just get straight to the point. Basically I want the part where you mention it has a lot of problem to come faster; ladder needs to see it :>

[Set Comments]
Mention how only Life Orb and Stone Edge go together as there is no reason to use Edge on Lum sets; do it in the same sentence that you talk about Stone Edge (or the one after; w/e works best). Also don't say Stone Edge is a stronger option than Rock Blast, it's more of a consistant option than anything else in terms of damage. Remove the sentence where you say Rock Blast OHKOes Missy with 4 Hits at +2. Instead, after you mention the stuff about Stone Edge, say that Lum sets 2HKO Missy with +2 Rock Blast and can avoid burn with their berry while Life Orb sets OHKO with Stone Edge.

[Additional Comments]
When you talk about Life Orb your point on why it has usability over Lum Berry makes no sense. Life Orb's thing over Lum is that it can straight up KO Missy with Stone Edge and have an easier time sweeping. It also allows Armaldo to check Pokemon easier before it can get off a Swords Dance.

[Other Options]
I wouldn't say that the defensive set doesn't wall anything prominent, (Kanga, Tauros, and Sawsbuck come to mind) but rather that its Stealth Rock weakness makes it less capable of walling anything.

[Checks and Counters]
Your first sentence is pretty awkward. I understand what you were trying to say, but what you have now doesn't really make sense when you think about it. You can just the remove the first little bit and go on talking about the Water-types that check it.

QC Approved 3/3

Ok im done with EBeast's suggestions and this is ready for GP :]

It would be great though if another QC member would double check just to make sure that this analysis is top-notch. But yeah, GP gogogo!

Additions.
Deletions.
Comments.

<p>While Armaldo does bestow above average stats, a wide variety of offensive options, and the ever-handy Rapid Spin, it is often considered as a mediocre Pokemon. The problem is that Armaldo requires a lot of support to be used effectively, as it fails make use of its defensive capabilities due to its mediocre defensive [No need to restate "defensive" here since you just mentioned it.] typing, while also failing to spin against the two top Ghost-type Pokemon on in the tier—Golurk and Misdreavus—one-on-one. On top of that, Armaldo is also too slow to reliably Rapid Spin without being revenge killed by faster Pokemon such as Samurott and Sawk. Armaldo does have one redeeming trait that allows it to provide uses other than Rapid Spin:its ability Swift Swim. With Swift Swim, Armaldo is now capable of beating most of the Ghost-types in the tier as well as outspeeding every Pokemon up to Swellow, while still dealing good damage to most of the Pokemon in the offensive-inclined metagame. Despite its mediocrity in the current metagame, Armaldo can be put of good use on dedicated rain teams. If you're looking for a way to prevent hazards from being set up on your side of the field on weatherless teams, Mold Breaker Sawk and Taunt leads, such as Samurott and Misdreavus, will perform the role better than Armaldo ever will.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
[Space this out. I don't think it matters, but just for aesthetics.]
<p>This set should only be used in rain as most rain-reliant Pokemon tend to have troubles trouble with Pokemon such as Regice and Kangaskhan, who are Pokemon that Armaldo can beat. Armaldo is also able to beat all Ghost-type Pokemon while also having a shot of pulling of out a sweep of its own once it nabs a Swords Dance boost. If it isn't used on rain teams, then you're better off with other Rapid Spinners Spin users such as Wartortle and Torkoal. Swords Dance boosts Armaldo's Attack stat to monstrous levels, turning it from an average Pokemon to a deadly sweeper in one turn, if given the oppurtunity to do so. Rock Blast provides a decent STAB move that can hurt a bunch of Pokemon for good damage as well as break through Substitutes and Focus Sashes; Lum Berry is the preferred item in this case as the utility provided from it provides comes in handy should Armaldo be crippled with burn or paralysis status. Stone Edge can also be used if you want a stronger, more consistent STAB move; with that said, Life Orb is the better option for Armaldo to hit consistently hard. Aqua Tail in the rain acts like a psuedo-STAB move on Armaldo; it also has near-perfect coverage alongside its Rock-type STAB move and maims Golurk in the rain. Aqua tail also lets Armaldo beat standard Golurk in the rain. Rapid Spin can remove hazards that are troublesome to rain sweepers, such as Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock, off the field.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Jolly can be used if you want to outspeed Swellow under rain, but the loss of damage output does not make up for the extra Speed. Apart from the moves listed above, Rock Slide is a decent option for a STAB move, but it is less powerful than Stone Edge and has less utility compared to Rock Blast.</p>

<p>Preferred teammates for Armaldo are those that can set up rain and benefit from it. Volbeat and Gardevoir are good utility rain-inducers that can set up rain for Armaldo, while Pokemon like such as Seismitoad and Ludicolo can also set up rain while benefiting from it as well. Practically anything that beats dedicated physical walls are of great help to Armaldo: Eelektross, Swanna, Misdreavus, and Mantine are some of which.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Other choices for Armaldo are either terrible or severely outclassed. If you're not using Armaldo in the rain (which you shouldn't), Battle Armor is the ability of choice. One thing that is useful to an extent is Rock Polish, which manually enables Armaldo's Speed to be boosted without rain. A physically defensive set with Stealth Rock / Rock Blast / Rapid Spin / Toxic or Knock Off may seem good in on paper, but in reality, it fails to wall a good amount of prominent threats in NU that the Swift Swim set can already check. Running X-Scissor for STAB is not recommended as Armaldo has trouble fitting moves already, and the extra coverage is not entirely useful most of the time. It's quite sad that Armaldo learns Sunny Day but not Rain Dance, as it doesn't benefit from the sun at all. Other interesting boosting moves that Armaldo has are Hone Claws and Curse, though it is hard to utilize these sets moves well.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Offensive Water-type Pokemon, such as Samurott and Carracosta, can kill the almighty fossil with their STAB attacks. Metang and Seismitoad can take any hit from Armaldo and deal serious damage with their STAB moves. Tangela and Alomomola laugh at any and all of Armaldo's attempts on passing through them, as they can put it to sleep or hit it with a super effective attack, respectively; however, since Armaldo is used in rain teams, its teammates can help bypass that problem. Carracosta and Weezing can handle Armaldo well, but they should be wary after Armaldo gained gains a boost or two. While Armaldo can support a team by removing entry hazards, it also has problems with them as Armaldo is affected and is greatly hindered by them. Strong special attacks also hurt Armaldo but it does have some bulk to take most neutral hits from full health.</p>
One of the better analyses I've had the pleasure to grammar check. Good work.

AMcheck btw.

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>While Armaldo does bestow possess above average stats, a wide variety of offensive options, and the ever-handy Rapid Spin, it is considered as still a generally mediocre Pokemon. The biggest problem is that Armaldo requires a lot of support to be used effectively, as it fails to make use of its defensive capabilities bulk due to its mediocre defensive typing, (remove comma) while also failing to and cannot successfully spin against the two top Ghost-type Pokemon in the tier—Golurk and Misdreavus—one-on-one. On top of that, Armaldo is also too slow to reliably Rapid Spin without being revenge killed by faster Pokemon such as Samurott and Sawk. Armaldo does have one redeeming trait that allows it to provide uses other than Rapid Spin: its ability Swift Swim. With Swift Swim it, Armaldo is now capable of beating most of the Ghost-types in the tier as well as outspeeding every Pokemon up to Zebstrika, (remove comma) while still dealing good damage to most of the Pokemon in the offensive-inclined offensively inclined metagame. Despite its mediocrity in the current metagame, Armaldo can be put to good use on dedicated rain teams. If you're looking for a way for your weatherless team to prevent hazards from being set up on your side of the field on weatherless teamshowever, Mold Breaker Sawk and Taunt leads, such as Samurott and Misdreavus, will perform the role better than Armaldo ever will.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set should only be used in rain as most rain-reliant Pokemon tend to have troubles with where it can take on Pokemon such as Regice and Kangaskhan, who are Pokemon that Armaldo can beat. Armaldo is also able to that most rain-reliant Pokemon tend to have troubles with and beat all Ghost-type Pokemon while also having a shot of at pulling of off a sweep once it nabs a boost. If it isn't used on rain teams, then If you aren't using a rain team, you're better off with other RapidSpinners Spin users such as Wartortle and Torkoal. Swords Dance boosts Armaldo's Attack stat to monstrous levels, turning it from an average Pokemon to a deadly sweeper in one turn, (remove comma) if given the oppurtunity to do so opportunity to set up. Rock Blast provides a decent STAB move that can hurt a bunch of Pokemon for good damage as well as break as well as breaking through Substitutes and Focus Sashes; Lum Berry is the preferred item in this case alongside it as the utility that it provides comes in handy should Armaldo get crippled by status conditions and it allows Armaldo to avoid the burn and 2HKO Misdreavus with +2 Rock Blast. Stone Edge can also be used if you want a stronger, more consistent STAB move; with that said, (add semicolon) however, it should only be used with Life Orb is the better option for (add comma) which allows Armaldo to hit consistently hard even if it can't get off a Swords Dance and OHKO Misdreavus with Stone Edge at + 2. (I'm trying to add in the reasons ebeast gave for why the two items go with the two moves; if you don't like how I phrased this however, feel free to use your own wording) Aqua Tail in the rain acts like a psuedo-STAB move on Armaldo; it also has near-perfect coverage alongside its Armaldo's Rock-type STAB move and maims Golurk in the rain. Rapid Spin can remove hazards that are troublesome to rain sweepers, such as Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock, off from the field.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Jolly can be used if you want Armaldo to outspeed Swellow under rain, but the loss of damage output does not make up for the extra Speed does not make up for the lower damage output. Apart from the moves listed above, Rock Slide is a decent option for a STAB move, but it is less powerful than Stone Edge and has less utility compared to than Rock Blast.</p>

<p>Preferred teammates for Armaldo are those that can set up rain and benefit from it. Volbeat and Gardevoir are good utility rain-inducers that can set up rain for Armaldo, while Pokemon, such as Seismitoad and Ludicolo, can also set up rain while benefiting and benefit from it as well. Practically anything that beats dedicated physical walls are is of great help to Armaldo: (change to semicolon) Eelektross, Swanna, Misdreavus (add comma) and Mantine are some of which can all assist it greatly.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Other choices for Armaldo Armaldo's other choices are either terrible or severely outclassed. That said, if you insist on seeing this for yourself, there are a few alternatives you can try. If you're not using Armaldo in the rain (which you shouldn't) for some reason, Battle Armor is the ability of choice. One thing that is useful to an extent is Rock Polish, which manually enables Armaldo's Speed to be boosted without rain. A physically defensive set with Stealth Rock / Rock Blast / Rapid Spin / Toxic or Knock Off may might seem good in paper, but in reality, it fails to wall a good amount of prominent threats on in NU that the Swift Swim set can already check as well as it would need to due to its Stealth Rock weakness (changing this to better fit with what ebeast said; like I said above, feel free to put this in your own words if you don't like mine or feel that the part about Swift Swim needs to be included; something like "...that the Swift Swim set can already check due to its Stealth Rock weakness." might make more sense if you think that needs to be said). Running X-Scissor is not recommended as Armaldo has trouble fitting moves finding space for all the moves it needs already, (remove comma) and the extra coverage is not entirely that useful most of the time. It's quite sad that Armaldo learns Sunny Day but not Rain Dance, as it doesn't benefit from the sun at all. One thing that is useful to an extent is Rock Polish, which enables Armaldo to boost its Speed without rain. Other interesting boosting moves that Armaldo has are also has access to other boosting moves in Hone Claws and Curse, though but it is hard to utilize these moves well.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Offensive Water-type Pokemon, such as Samurott and Carracosta, can kill the almighty fossil Armaldo with their STAB attacks. Metang and Seismitoad can take any hit from Armaldo and deal serious damage with their STAB moves. Tangela and Alomomola laugh at any and all of Armaldo's attempts on passing through at getting past them, as they can put it to sleep or hit it with a super effective attack, respectively; however, since as Armaldo is should be being used in on rain teams, its teammates can help bypass that problem it will likely have teammates that can help it bypass them. Carracosta and Weezing can handle Armaldo well, but they should be wary after Armaldo gains a boost or two. While Armaldo can support a team by removing entry hazards, it also has problems with them as Armaldo is affected and is greatly hindered by them it is weak to all three. Strong special attacks also hurt Armaldo (add comma) but it does have some enough bulk to take most neutral hits from full health.</p>

Oh those prose errors @.@

Implemented! I also proofread some of my own stuff that will be of great help to the final GP'er :>

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gonna GP what I thought was the best spinner in NU ;/

GP Check

ADD
REMOVE
COMMENTS

[Overview] (The previous GP checker implemented this as well, however, you missed it; please do not forget the Overview tag.)

<p>While Armaldo does possess above average stats, a wide variety of offensive options, and the ever-handy Rapid Spin, it is still considered a mediocre Pokemon. The biggest problem is that Armaldo requires a lot of support to be used effectively, as it fails make use of its bulk due to its mediocre typing, while also failing to spin against the two top Ghost-type Pokemon in the tier&mdash;Golurk and Misdreavus&mdash;one-on-one. On top of that, Armaldo is also too slow to reliably Rapid Spin without being revenge killed by faster Pokemon such as Samurott and Sawk. Armaldo does have one redeeming trait however: its ability,(AC) Swift Swim. With it, Armaldo is capable of beating most of the Ghost-types in the tier as well as outspeeding every Pokemon up to Zebstrika,(AC) all while still dealing good damage to most of the Pokemon in theis offensive-inclined metagame. Despite its mediocrity in the current metagame, Armaldo can be put to good use on dedicated rain teams. If you're looking for a way for your weatherless team to prevent hazards from being set up on your side of the field, however, Mold Breaker Sawk and Taunt leads, such as Samurott and Misdreavus, will perform the role better than Armaldo ever will.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set should only be used ion rain teams,(AC) where it can take on Regice and Kangaskhan,(AC) Pokemon that most rain-reliant Pokemon teams have trouble with and.(AP) Furthermore, Armaldo can now beat all Ghost-type Pokemon while also having a shot at pulling off a sweep once it nabs a boost. If you aren't using a rain team, you're better off with other Rapid Spin users such as Wartortle and Torkoal. Swords Dance boosts Armaldo's Attack stat to monstrous levels, turning it from an average Pokemon to a deadly sweeper in one turn if given the oppuortunity to acccomplish such a feat. Rock Blast provides a decent STAB move that can dent a bunch of Pokemon for good damage,(AC) as wellnd also givinges Armaldo the ability to break through Substitutes and Focus Sashes; Lum Berry is the preferred item in this case as the utility that it provides comes in handy should Armaldo get crippled by status conditions such as Misdreavus's Will-O-Wisp. Stone Edge can also be used if you want a more consistent STAB move; however, it should only be used with Life Orb which allows Armaldo to hit hard and barely OHKOs Misdreavus at +2. Aqua Tail in the rain acts like a psuedo-STAB move; it also has near-perfect coverage alongside Armaldo's Rock-type STAB move and maims Golurk in the rain. Rapid Spin can remove hazards that are troublesome to rain sweepers, such as Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock, fr that are troublesome the fieldo rain sweepers.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Jolly can be used if you want Armaldo to outspeed Swellow under rain, but the extra Speed does not make up for the lower damage output most of the time. Apart from the moves listed above, Rock Slide is a decent option for a STAB move, but it is less powerful than Stone Edge and has less utility compared to Rock Blast.</p>
Join the two paragraphs; they're way too short on there own imo.
<p>Preferred teammates for Armaldo are those that can set up rain and benefit from it. Volbeat and Gardevoir are good utility rain-inducers, while Pokemon,(RP) such as Seismitoad and Ludicolo,(RP) can also set up rain while benefiting from it as well. Practically anything that beats dedicated physical walls is of great help to Armaldo; Eelektross, Swanna, Misdreavus, and Mantine can all assist Armaldo greatly.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Any other choices for Armaldo are either terrible or severely outclassed. That said, if you insist on seeing this for yourself, there are a few,(RP) select alternatives that you can make use of. If you're not using Armaldo in the rain for ansome odd reason, Battle Armor is the ability of choice. A physically defensive set with Stealth Rock / Rock Blast / Rapid Spin / Toxic or Knock Off might seem good ion paper, but in reality, it fails to wall a good amount of prominent threats in NU,(AC) as well as it could because ofnd Armaldo's defensive typing its mediocre defensive typingat best. Running X-Scissor is not recommended as Armaldo has trouble finding space for all its moves that it needs already,(AC) and the extra coverage is not that useful most of the time. It's quite sad that Armaldo learns Sunny Day but not Rain Dance, as it doesn't benefit from the sun at all. One thing that is useful to an extent is Rock Polish, which manually enables Armaldo's Speed to be boosted without rain. Armaldo also has access to other boosting moves such as Hone Claws and Curse, but most of the time, you're better off straight-oujust attacking,(AC) as these boosting moves aren't worth your while most of the time.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Offensive Water-type Pokemon, such as Samurott and Carracosta, can kill Armaldo with their STAB attacks. Metang and Seismitoad can take any hit from Armaldo and deal serious damage with their STAB moves. Tangela and Alomomola laugh at any and all of Armaldo's attempts at getting past them, as they can put it to sleep or hit it with a super effective attack, respectively; however, as Armaldo should be being used on rain teams, it will have teammates that will likely get past that problem. Carracosta and Weezing can handle Armaldo well, but they should be wary after Armaldo gains a boost or two. While Armaldo can support a team by removing entry hazards, it also has problems with them itself,(AC) as Armaldo is affected and weak to all of those entry hazards. Strong special attacks also hurt Armaldo greatly, but it does have enough bulk to take most neutral hits fromwhen at full health.</p>

There were a lot of issues with repetition and drawn-out sentences; just use commas, and to a lesser extent, periods from time to time.

GP Approved 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)