a Balance team Feat; Nidoking

Basic balance OU team

https://pokepast.es/071dc1ecf5f1aec9
this is a team that started off with the 3 offensive mons, blazakin, Kartana, and Nidoking. with these mons i went for fairy standard sets, exept with nidoking, where i elected to use the choice scarf for better sheer wallbreaking potential, as blazakin still needed a turn or 2 to actually buildup speed.
the defensive supporting core of corviknight to handle gground types that volcanion and slowking struggle against, with slowking being able the special move onsluaght of attacks from the likes of the tapus. volcanion is used for his water immunity that threatens out 2/3 of the wall breakers, as well as being able to offput some offensive pressure as well with the 30% burn chance on steam eruption.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Protect
this set is used as a late/mid game sweeping option with life orb making its attack matchup well against the other physical attackers of the tier. with speed boost it naturally outspeeds a majority of threats after a protect anf using its superb coverage to hit any mon witheither neutral or super effective damage.

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
this is kartana. it hits hard, and doesnt do much else. it fills a roll as a powerful sweeper/ wallbreaker with beast boost to get a snowball effect against weakened opponents.

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
this is a standard UU attacking set that i put a choice scarf on instead of an expert belt to help it keep up with the faster speed tiers of OU. it has eccelent coverage with sheer force boosted attacks. it compares to kartana as the special wall breaker of the team, but with a bit moresurvivability to come in later in the game

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
this is a defensive pivoting corv set, using its defoogging abilities and slow u turn to bring in offensive threas. it also servers as an important ground immunity for the team, as it is fairly weak to ground.

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Future Sight
- Psyshock
- Sludge Wave
this slowking set is used as a blissey rivaling (its a pretty 1 sided rivalry) slowking, with future sight support for breaking support for the physical threats of the team. with other moves to help it not be setup fodder in the face of whatever it is walling

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Flash Cannon
volcanion uses its assault vest to be a sort of mixed wall, with the 30% burn chance of steam eruption being able to in a way boost its defenses with other moves to help it keep up pressure against opposing teams, as there is no pokemon in the game that resists all of its attacks.

what do y'all think of my team? nidoking is a mon i would like to use on this team no matter what, unless there is somthing that can mimic its moveset with better effect. everything else is up for being exchanged for another mon, as long as it fits the base FWG core it has

where is the balance in this team? you have five offensive mons and corvi, no stealth rocks or toxic. all your win conditions is to destroy the enemy team before round 20. no more chances
i think u need stealth rocks on nidoking and defog/toxic on volcanion. scarf and flash cannon so bad

where is the balance in this team? you have five offensive mons and corvi, no stealth rocks or toxic. all your win conditions is to destroy the enemy team before round 20. no more chances
i think u need stealth rocks on nidoking and defog/toxic on volcanion. scarf and flash cannon so bad
yeah i ment to put sludge wave on him. i guess with volcs natural bulk and an AV boost, i though of it as a defensive mons
new paste: https://pokepast.es/665df984339e5002

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)