SS OU Dragon Dance Kyurem-B core

Hello all,

Kyurem-B is one of my most favorite Pokemon aside from Tyranitar, and seeing it unbanned inspired me to play competitive Pokemon again. I've lurked and found a pretty decent cell in K-B and Dual Screen Eleki in the OU team thread so I decided to use the same core for my team.

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Freeze Shock
- Scale Shot
- Fusion Bolt

The star of the show. I've decided to run Power Herb Freeze Shock, because not only of its staggering base power, it also has a good chance of paralyzing incoming foes, potentially crippling supposed checks. Scale Shot further boost its speed while being a decent Dragon STAB, and while losing Def is usually a detriment, it makes it a better counter to things like Ditto since it also makes Ditto more vulnerable to priority user and prevent a counter sweep.

This set loses a bit hard to Excadrill if power herb is used.

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

The other member of the cell. Regieleki's huge speed allow it to set up dual screen, as well as clearing hazard prior to K-B entry. HP is invested because with Reflect up it can live an EQ from Garchomp if non banded, and Explosion is a clutch move to use as a last ditch effort after putting up screens, and with Regieleki's speed it can do that more often than not.

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Scorching Sands
- Defog

Moltres can cripple physical attackers with Flame Body and Scorching Sands, weakening them prior to them being blown through either by K-B itself or Zygarde. I have my doubts about Defog because it blows away my screens post setup too, but I don't know what to put in the last slot. Burn also help with physical damage, allowing K-B to set up more easily, or to perhaps bait Priority users like Zygarde or Rillaboom into burning themselves. This set specifically counter Rillaboom due to Moltres taking 1/4 damage from its STAB.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Scale Shot

The clean-up crew, revenge killer, softener in one package. Adamant Nature allows me to hit a bit harder on ExtremeSpeed while not losing too many important speed check, as well as dropping Thousand Arrows on forced switch more devastating. Scale Shot is picked over Outrage because it let Zygarde boost its speed and not cause me to be locked in it, letting me actually swap to other mons.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Fleur Cannon

Magearna let me do something about the fairly obvious Fairy weakness, as well as letting me tank some hit on the special side. Flash Cannon is meant to take out fairy types, however I feel the lack of Ice Beam is hurting me a bit. Volt Switch allows me to retain momentum when Magearna forces some switch (because it does), or to scout potential move that counter Magearna.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn

The swiss army knife, with everything I needed. Intimidate, Rock and momentum gainer through U-turn. The set is fairly standard otherwise with EVs on the bulkier side and Leftovers for some passive recovery. I usually lead with it, thanks to its good bulk and Intimidate.

The problem with this team is I have a hard time playing against bulky water types. I can't really deal with Slowking unless K-B had some boost and Fusion Bolt it, but other than that risking Scald burn hasn't turned out well for me. Most of the time, Swampert gives me a hard time because it's really tanky and with Flip Turn, actually making me reluctant to switch.

Other than that fairly obvious problem, I also can't deal with Landorus-T itself due to how versatile it is. I am thinking about replacing Zygarde with Swift Urushifu to use Aqua Jet, but that could not revenge kill Ditto-ed Kyurem-B.

Anyone on the team aside from K-B is replacable, so please suggest me some alternate members. Thank you in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)