Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I still need two more Pokémon for my easy HG Challenge
You get female tentacool named Tsundere. Tsundere loves your starter pokemon, but can't be honest with her feelings, so whenever she is in double battle with your starter she hit's your starter every third turn as Tsundere tries to hide her feelings towards your starter. Whenever your starter faints you must switch in Tsundere, but she can't do anything for 1 turn. Must always be right next to your starter in party.

hello scramblers~ i'm looking to do a diamond version challenge -- mid difficulty or so, preferably with a minimum of grinding and nothing overly complicated to remember (it's my first time doing one); please do go nuts with the background/ flavor and stuff, though! oh, and no trading. thanks in advance :)
You get turtwig named The One. He believes that he is the best pokemon in the world as his pokedex number is the lowest. He must solo at least one of Roark's pokemon without using super effective moves and must solo Gardenia before evolving. Only moment later he realizes that his pokedex got bigger so he gets depressed and can't be used in gym battles. To get over the depression and to evolve to torterra he must solo 25 pokemons that are weak to grass without using grass type moves.

I'm not good at making "Insanley [sic] hard" challenges, but I'll try.

You get Pesticide the Kricketot. It is beyond angry that it is always treated like rubbish (even as a Bug), so, to prove its worth (and evolve), it must solo at least one Pokémon in Falkner's gym (you may resort to tutor moves if Bide is too unreliable, but it must keep Growl and Bide at all times). As a Kricketune, it must keep Growl and Bide at all times and, as soon as it can, have and keep 2 Bug STAB moves. Next, you must solo 3 Pokémon of different evolutionary lines (that means no Caterpie+Metapod+Kakuna for you) in Bugsy's Gym to prove that it is the best Bug. OPTIONAL: Solo the entire Gym, or just Bugsy, if possible.
After all that, it feels a little better, but still doesn't quite understand the two moves it is born with—Growl and Bide. Why do those moves exist? What purpose do they serve in Kricketune's becoming the best Bug? For every Gym, find one Trainer and solo his/her first Pokémon using Growl the first turn and, from then on, nothing but Bide and Growl. This restriction applies equally in Johto and in Kanto (if you plan on going that far).
Next, take the number of items you've used for this process in all the Johto Gyms and divide this number by 4. Round down if the remainder is 2, and this is the number of E4 Pokémon you must solo by whatever means necessary. Repeat this process for the Kanto Gyms and the result will apply to your second E4 visit.
Finally, if you get to Mt. Silver and find Red, you must KO his Charizard (KO, not solo, so you may weaken it first) to prove that it doesn't afraid of anything.

tl;dr
- Pesticide the Kricketot
- Must keep Growl and Bide at all times and have 2 Bug STAB moves ASAP (to clarify, you don't have to Pokegen it with Bug Bite and String Shot)
- Must solo one Pokémon in Falkner's gym to evolve
- Solo 3 Pokémon of different evolutionary lines in Bugsy's Gym, or
- OPTIONAL: Solo the entirety of Bugsy's Gym, or Bugsy himself, if possible
- From every Gym afterwards (including the Kanto Gyms), find one Trainer and solo his/her first Pokémon using only Growl and Bide (it must also Growl on the first turn)
- Take the number of items used for the above process (once for each region) and divide by 4, rounding down if the number has a remainder of 2. This will determine the number of E4 Pokes it must solo; Johto's result for the first visit and Kanto's result for the second visit
- Must KO Red's Charizard (i.e. land the final blow)

I hope this isn't too much or too little.

Accepted

sirndpt, I'll reserve a Pachirisu for you!

EDIT: Okay, sorry this took so long. Take Hyper the Pachirisu. This Pachirisu is and always will be very hyper, as his name states. He must use up all his energy by having 2 STAB attacking moves, 1 STAB status move, and 1 move of your choice. He must solo Crasher Wake, and then you must rename him Tired. His Crasher Wake solo tires him out very much, so he may only know 1 STAB move from then on and can't use it twice in a row. If you ever want him to become Hyper again, you must use 20 of the most expensive healing item you can buy, and even then he is only Hyper for 1 hour of in-game time before becoming Tored again indefinitely. GL;HF!

Well the now everyone should have access to the document and I'd like to chance "RNG determines the move you will use every turn" as there's chance that I'm unable to access internet. Otherwise this is accepted though ^^
Okay, if it comes down to not having Internet, do this instead: roll a die to determine the move.
1: top-left
2: top-right
3: bottom-left
4: bottom-right
5: your choice
6: roll again

hello scramblers~ i'm looking to do a diamond version challenge -- mid difficulty or so, preferably with a minimum of grinding and nothing overly complicated to remember (it's my first time doing one); please do go nuts with the background/ flavor and stuff, though! oh, and no trading. thanks in advance :)
You get a FEA themed challenge: Cordelia the female Starly. She comes from a line of legendary Staraptor warriors who are now deceased, so she must make her fallen comrades proud. Cowardice is not an option, so she cannot use non-attacking moves or run away from wild encounters (but that's what Repels are for). As soon as she gets Flying STAB, she must use it immediately every time she gets sent out (this isn't limited to only one STAB; you can use any one of several). She must solo at least one Pokémon in the Oreburgh, Snowpoint, and Sunyshore Gyms, because covering your weaknesses is part of being a great warrior.
Finally, this wouldn't be a Cordelia challenge without unrequited love, and the target will be your starter. She must make your starter proud by whatever means necessary. If your starter dies to something, she must switch in and finish it off or die trying. If, by chance, you want your starter to hold an item, Cordelia must hold the exact same item. Lastly, her hobby is writing books like "Make Him Fall for You in a Fortnight," so she must participate in every Double or Tag Battle for inspiration. It doesn't matter whether she faints—she just has to participate.

tl;dr
- Cordelia the female Starly
- Cannot use non-attacks or run away from wild encounters
- As soon as possible, always start with Flying STAB when sent out
- Must solo at least one Pokémon in the Oreburgh, Snowpoint, and Sunyshore Gyms
- If your starter dies to something, she must switch in and finish it off or die trying
- If you give your starter a hold item, you must give her the exact same hold item
- Must participate in every Double or Tag Battle (Tag Battles being the ones where you explore with Cheryl, Riley, etc.)

GL;HF

You get turtwig named The One. He believes that he is the best pokemon in the world as his pokedex number is the lowest. He must solo at least one of Roark's pokemon without using super effective moves and must solo Gardenia before evolving. Only moment later he realizes that his pokedex got bigger so he gets depressed and can't be used in gym battles. To get over the depression and to evolve to torterra he must solo 25 pokemons that are weak to grass without using grass type moves.
Take Hyper the Pachirisu. This Pachirisu is and always will be very hyper, as his name states. He must use up all his energy by having 2 STAB attacking moves, 1 STAB status move, and 1 move of your choice. He must solo Crasher Wake, and then you must rename him Tired. His Crasher Wake solo tires him out very much, so he may only know 1 STAB move from then on and can't use it twice in a row. If you ever want him to become Hyper again, you must use 20 of the most expensive healing item you can buy, and even then he is only Hyper for 1 hour of in-game time before becoming Tored again indefinitely. GL;HF!
You get a FEA themed challenge: Cordelia the female Starly. She comes from a line of legendary Staraptor warriors who are now deceased, so she must make her fallen comrades proud. Cowardice is not an option, so she cannot use non-attacking moves or run away from wild encounters (but that's what Repels are for). As soon as she gets Flying STAB, she must use it immediately every time she gets sent out (this isn't limited to only one STAB; you can use any one of several). She must solo at least one Pokémon in the Oreburgh, Snowpoint, and Sunyshore Gyms, because covering your weaknesses is part of being a great warrior.
Finally, this wouldn't be a Cordelia challenge without unrequited love, and the target will be your starter. She must make your starter proud by whatever means necessary. If your starter dies to something, she must switch in and finish it off or die trying. If, by chance, you want your starter to hold an item, Cordelia must hold the exact same item. Lastly, her hobby is writing books like "Make Him Fall for You in a Fortnight," so she must participate in every Double or Tag Battle for inspiration. It doesn't matter whether she faints—she just has to participate.

tl;dr
- Cordelia the female Starly
- Cannot use non-attacks or run away from wild encounters
- As soon as possible, always start with Flying STAB when sent out
- Must solo at least one Pokémon in the Oreburgh, Snowpoint, and Sunyshore Gyms
- If your starter dies to something, she must switch in and finish it off or die trying
- If you give your starter a hold item, you must give her the exact same hold item
- Must participate in every Double or Tag Battle (Tag Battles being the ones where you explore with Cheryl, Riley, etc.)

GL;HF
accepting all three. thanks guys, these sound great!

I still need 3 pokemons for my White 2 scramble challange. Original post can be found in previous page or just click this if you are too lazy

OK, Nauris, accepted:
Name a Sunkern Lame the Sunkern
- Very lazy and as such can't be used in battles until you get Cheren's badge
- At this point, it MUST learn to Work Up
- Quite the opposite of Envy, Sunkern likes to rest and let other mons do the hard work so it has to be AT LEAST 4 levels lower than Envy
- Once you reach Virbank City, Sunkern hates the toxic fumes of Roxie's poison types and thus has to SOLO Roxie
- Envy is now jealous of Sunkern, so you can't use Sunkern until you beat Burgh
- Sunkern is now struggling, so you teach it Struggle Bug
- Envy teases it about how weak it is, so solo 10 wild Darumaka with Sunkern
- From then on, no restrictions until Mistralton City
- At Misralton city, Envy takes care of most of the gym. However, just when Skyla's Swanna comes out, Sunkern buts in and must solo it.
- Envy and Sunkern now have respect for each other and Sunkern can finally evolve
- By the time you reach the elite 4 Sunflora and Envy have a bond: Envy mentions how scared it is of Shauntal so Sunflora must now, as a friend, solo Shauntal

The first part is difficult but later it gets easier.

If you want something a little less complicated, PM me and I'll issue a simpler one

OK, Nauris, accepted:
Name a Sunkern Lame the Sunkern
- Very lazy and as such can't be used in battles until you get Cheren's badge
- At this point, it MUST learn to Work Up
- Quite the opposite of Envy, Sunkern likes to rest and let other mons do the hard work so it has to be AT LEAST 4 levels lower than Envy
- Once you reach Virbank City, Sunkern hates the toxic fumes of Roxie's poison types and thus has to SOLO Roxie
- Envy is now jealous of Sunkern, so you can't use Sunkern until you beat Burgh
- Sunkern is now struggling, so you teach it Struggle Bug
- Envy teases it about how weak it is, so solo 10 wild Darumaka with Sunkern
- From then on, no restrictions until Mistralton City
- At Misralton city, Envy takes care of most of the gym. However, just when Skyla's Swanna comes out, Sunkern buts in and must solo it.
- Envy and Sunkern now have respect for each other and Sunkern can finally evolve
- By the time you reach the elite 4 Sunflora and Envy have a bond: Envy mentions how scared it is of Shauntal so Sunflora must now, as a friend, solo Shauntal

The first part is difficult but later it gets easier.

If you want something a little less complicated, PM me and I'll issue a simpler one

Accepted

SoulSilver Scramble Part 4:

Three badges down, the first thing to do was check the PokeAthlon. I don't even reach the counter of the place when Whitney appears and brings up the relevant question of "are you S or M". Off to an excellent start. As far as the Athlon itself goes, a few of the events required some effort, since a team of five less than optimal Pokemon is hardly something you'd call a winning team. Nevertheless, I was able to grab all 5 courses:
Speed Course: Cosmic, Meanie and Fly - 356 Points
Power Course: Fly, Cotton and Meanie - 318 Points
Skill Course: Cosmic, Fly and Aquaphobia - 361 Points
Stamina Course: Meanie, Cotton and Cosmic - 299 Points
Jump Course: Cosmic, Meanie and Fly - 388 Points

I think it's fairly obvious which of these courses had serious issues. Nevertheless, I grabbed a certain piece of loot and carried on to train against numerous trainers ranging from Juggler Irwin to his dropped balls. Meanie finally evolved into Michael Bayleef, which really doesn't help in any way outside of being able to take hits better. Cotton also evolved, which is a much more useful upgrade to the team. Eventually we ended up finding a Pokemon pretending to be a tree. Since these things are rare and stupid as sin, I caught it to wait for use, which will never come. According to the Pokedex, Sudowoodo is classified as the Roadblock Pokemon. Fitting.

After a double battle with some kids using a Clefable and Wigglytuff each (Far, FAR harder than Whitney would ever hope to be), I finally reach Ecruteak, with the Center being the first place to visit. I meet up with Bill, the Pokemon Cosplayer and Timetraveler extraordinaire. I'll keep in mind to get the Eevee from him later on for personal collections. Next stop is the Kimono Girls in Peril act, which involves ONE Rocket Grunt with an underleveled Koffing. Oh well, Surf will come handy VERY soon. That leaves the Gym, which I was promptly kicked out of for the next sidequest at the Burned Tower.

So, is this "the annual important NPC meeting"? ... Eusine, Morty and Hugh. At least they retconned the whole fight at the end of the Tower where you fall to a hole afterwards and he mocks you for it. That Magnemite was horrible to deal with though. Parafusion. Nevertheless, after more unleashed rage and Eusine and whatnot, now we can tackle the Poison-type gym of Johto. Speaking of which the puzzle is stupid. It has nothing to do with Poison (Though I guess it'd work with poison being evil, or... ninjas), but if you leave the Gym, the puzzle aspect is gone.

Nevertheless, after the trainers and a few wild Pokemon (And a seen Raikou), Aquaphobia evolves, and is finally able to Surf.

Vs. Morty: His Gastly gets taken down by a single Surf. His Gengar gets put to sleep by Hypnosis and taken down by two Surf's. His Haunter... yeah I think you get the point. Aquaphobia completely stomps. Lovely.

That marks the 4th Badge of the Johto region, and it seems the aim of becoming a Champion is not quite as impossible as you might think.

Team so far:
  • Meanie the Bayleef, level 20
  • Fly the Pidgey, level 20
  • Cotton the Flaaffy, level 23
  • Aquaphobia the Poliwhirl, level 26
  • Cosmic the Ledian, level 20
See here for the various restrictions on the team
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/scramble-challenge-mkii.3455879/page-183#post-4713559
There's still a certain level of inbalance in levels, but Cosmic and Meanie are tedious to train.

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to do a scramble challenge of platinum.
I would prefer it to be somewhat easy, and please give me something that makes roark possible to defeat...
Thank you!

@clloxin first of all, welcome to the Scramble forum! Second of all, I reserve a Girafarig challange to be edited in!

EDIT: Okay, take Palindrome the Girafarig! This Girafarig will have its challenges be palindromic, thus his name! To start off, his only challange is that he can't battle any pokemon lower leveled than it. Then, he must solo all trainers in Pastoria Gym (but not the leader) to make his challange change! It is now to not use status moves! After he soloes the foggy route (that leads up to Celestic), he must not use STAB moves (but he can have them in his moveslots). Now, he must solo all of the Canalave Gym trainers! Then, his challange is to...solo that Byron using only STAB moves!!! Then, his challange changes back to no STAB moves. After he soloes Snowpoint Gym's trainers, he can't use status moves! And finally, after he soloes Volkner, for the rest of the game, he can't battle any pokemon lower leveled than him. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good luck!

I would prefer it to be somewhat easy, and please give me something that makes roark possible to defeat...
Thank you!
Okay then, I'll give you Gallop the Ponyta. As its name suggests, Gallop loves to gallop and therefor loves any moves related to galloping. Also, she must always know moves related to galloping. She will also not evolve until she learns Flare Blitz.

Allowed moves:
Tackle
Flame Wheel
Stomp
Take Down
Agility
Bounce
Flare Blitz

Good Luck!

Thank you!
You get Hit an' Run abra. He believes he has to switch out after using move to avoid death. When unable to switch out he doesn't know what to do so dice determines the move you use

1. Roll again
2. Move 1
3. Move 2
4. Move 3
5. Move 4
6. Roll again

Shouldn't be too hard.

PS still need 2 mon's for my challange

Nauris, I reserve a Zubat for you that I will edit in!

EDIT: Take Roxieluvr8 the Zubat! This Zubat is a huge fan of Roxie, but you catch him too late for him to meet Roxie! This makes him jealous of your three pokemon who met her (Envy, Kellam, Lame), and can never double or triple battle with them. Roxieluvr8 tries to mimic Roxie, though, so you must teach him Venoshock ASAP. He also wants to make Venoshock useful, so must use it first in every battle, and must learn Toxic ASAP (I don't know when this is, I think you get the TM eventually). He wants to be like Roxie in every way, so he must know all Poison-type moves. This makes in impossible for him to learn Fly, though, doesn't it? If you want Roxieluvr8 to learn Fly, he must go on a (metaphorical) journey. This means you can't use him after you beat Clay until you right before you battle Skyla, where he watches her powerful Flying-type moves, and makes you teach him Fly. After that, he has no special challenges (besides the ever-present rule concerning Venoshock) until he wants to show off his Flying-type prowess and solo Marshal. GL;HF!

Nauris, take a staryu named slave.
You treat him as an hm slave, he must only use hm moves until he solos drayden, then he may only learn moves by tm. He may not evolve until you reach humilau city. After he evolves, you may change his name to the name of the last trainer he fought before evolving.

Is this okay?

@clloxin first of all, welcome to the Scramble forum! Second of all, I reserve a Girafarig challange to be edited in!

EDIT: Okay, take Palindrome the Girafarig! This Girafarig will have its challenges be palindromic, this his name! To start off, his only challange is that he can't battle any pokemon lower leveled than it. Then, he after he has participated in 25 battles, his challange changes! It is now to not use status moves! After 35 more battles, he must not use status moves! After 25 more, he can't use STAB moves (but he can have them in his moveslots). Now, he must solo all of the next gym's trainers! Then, his challange is to...solo that gym leader using only STAB moves!!! (Sorry if it's Byron...) Then, his challange changes back to no STAB moves. After 25 battles, he can't use status moves! And finally, after 25 more battles, until the very end of the game, he can't battle any pokemon lower leveled than him. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good luck!
Sorry about this, but can you change it to make it easier to keep up with?.... I don't know how I will keep track of all the battles...even if you make it harder.

Thank you!
Something that makes Roark possible to defeat, huh...
I give you Om nom nom the Turtwig. Once it gets Absorb, it can only use the following moves:
- Absorb
- Bite
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Crunch
- Giga Drain
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
Basically anything to do with absorbing nutrients or making contact using its mouth, because it likes eating more than anything. It must solo Gardenia because it finds her Cherrim and Roserade tasty and sees her Turtwig as competition. Now, I did mention that it was only limited to the moves above, but since I'm generous, I will let it use Earthquake, but IF AND ONLY IF it soloes Black Belt David (the first Trainer you should happen upon in the Canalave Gym) to prove that it can hold its own against Steel-types without the crutch you call "Earthquake."

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, gl;hf.

I'd also like to quote powergo1's post, since I still don't see a Scramblemon for him.
Thanks for the tentacool, now just one more!
Here's the original post just in case.
Hey, I have returned under a new name. And with this, I would like a Challenge for Heart Gold. I would like it Easy, and no trading. Please reply soon :)

I'd also like to quote powergo1's post, since I still don't see a Scramblemon for him.
You know this brings a sort of a point up. With there being a relatively fair amount of people here, some asking for challenges, some giving them, some posting updates... I feel it discourages some people from giving challenges out purely because it's such a cluster. While most people keep their posts up to date on challenges accepted, it's a chore to figure out who has what challenges, and all that stuff. It'd be helpful if there was *something* to keep track of people needing more team members and what they already have. I recall elsewhere the opening post kept track of these, but I really doubt that'd work here. Maybe a Googledoc or something could be set up for that.

This is a good example because I'm pretty sure most people would've by now sort of assumed powergo1 is ready to go. As far as the last Pokemon goes, it's once again stupidly late where I am. If there's still need and I haven't given one to him/her (I legitimately can't remember), I'll conjure something up.

Nauris, take a staryu named slave.
You treat him as an hm slave, he must only use hm moves until he solos drayden, then he may only learn moves by tm. He may not evolve until you reach humilau city. After he evolves, you may change his name to the name of the last trainer he fought before evolving.

Is this okay?
I'm sorry but it doesn't fit to my challange. The original post can be found in previous page

Nauris, I reserve a Zubat for you that I will edit in!

EDIT: Take Roxieluvr8 the Zubat! This Zubat is a huge fan of Roxie, but you catch him too late for him to meet Roxie! This makes him jealous of your three pokemon who met her (Envy, Kellam, Lame), and can never double or triple battle with them. Roxieluvr8 tries to mimic Roxie, though, so you must teach him Venoshock ASAP. He also wants to make Venoshock useful, so must use it first in every battle, and must learn Toxic ASAP (I don't know when this is, I think you get the TM eventually). He wants to be like Roxie in every way, so he must know all Poison-type moves. This makes in impossible for him to learn Fly, though, doesn't it? If you want Roxieluvr8 to learn Fly, he must go on a (metaphorical) journey. This means you can't use him after you beat Clay until you right before you battle Skyla, where he watches her powerful Flying-type moves, and makes you teach him Fly. After that, he has no special challenges (besides the ever-present rule concerning Venoshock) until he wants to show off his Flying-type prowess and solo Marshal. GL;HF!
I accept it.

This is a good example because I'm pretty sure most people would've by now sort of assumed powergo1 is ready to go. As far as the last Pokemon goes, it's once again stupidly late where I am. If there's still need and I haven't given one to him/her (I legitimately can't remember), I'll conjure something up.
I'll probably do it with 5 pokemon, as it will make it easier for me, as grinding is as hard as f**k in HG. I wont update, ill just play along with it, then ill try a new idea I have

EDIT: Okay, take Palindrome the Girafarig! This Girafarig will have its challenges be palindromic, thus his name! To start off, his only challange is that he can't battle any pokemon lower leveled than it. Then, he must solo all trainers in Pastoria Gym (but not the leader) to make his challange change! It is now to not use status moves! After he soloes the foggy route (that leads up to Celestic), he must not use STAB moves (but he can have them in his moveslots). Now, he must solo all of the Canalave Gym trainers! Then, his challange is to...solo that Byron using only STAB moves!!! Then, his challange changes back to no STAB moves. After he soloes Snowpoint Gym's trainers, he can't use status moves! And finally, after he soloes Volkner, for the rest of the game, he can't battle any pokemon lower leveled than him. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good luck!
Okay, this is fine. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)