Gen 5 Snack Masters - FerroJelli Psyspam

Ferrothorn ./ico-a_old_598.gif
Snack Masters
Alakazam ./ico-a_old_065.gif

:bw/tyranitar: :bw/latios: :bw/alakazam: :bw/ferrothorn: :bw/jellicent: :bw/landorus-therian:
Hello Again! So my idea for this team came after looking at some teams from the older metagame, and then immediately looking at sample teams. I saw that a underutilized core that was popular back then, which was Ferrothorn + Jellicent. then I looked for a place to fit the structure. Normally, most Psyspam structures use at least 2 water resists, as most structures are desperate for a scald/burn absorber, often using Rawst berry Ferrothorn or another burn absorber to circumvent the scald spam problem. Adding Jellicent here gives me a way around scald spam, and an effective spinblocker with taunt to deny hazards from common leads. Each member is capable of making progress and by combining their individual traits, taking advantage of them can quickly put the user in the driver's seat and carry the momentum through the endgame.

:bw/tyranitar: Tyranitar :bw/tyranitar:
MechaGodzilla (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Atk / 172 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave/Rock Slide
- Superpower​
Tyranitar is the premier sand setter of the tier, and is one of the best soft checks to the premier psychic types in the tier, and can eat hits from most special attacers.. You get it in on a U-Turn, you trap stuff, and you switch out against the incoming attacker. Crunch + Pursuit forms the trapping combo, and i like to either crunch what pursuit can't kill, or Crunch into pursuit. Here is an example: You just U-Turned on a Reuniclus switching in and you bring in Tar and take 12% on the switch in because rocks got set. Then you Crunch for about 60% while Reuni Either hits the Focus Blast or misses the Focus Miss. Then you Pursuit as a midground option to both catch a switch out or kill it if it switches in. Thunder Wave cripples Volcarona and fast special attackers, but rock slide is more consistent into Lum Berry Volcarona, and comes with the benefit of sniping Dragonite.
Tyranitar ./ico-a_old_248.gif

:bw/Alakazam: Spoon Man :bw/alakazam:
Action Figures (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast/Grass knot
- Shadow Ball​
Alakazam is the 1st of the Psyspam Duo, with LO Zam acting as the overall breaker of the two. Psychic + Focus Blast forms a combo that hits most of the game at least neutrally. Hidden Power Ice hits Dragonite and Landorus-Therian and other Dragons and Flyers. Shadow ball hits most opposing Psychic types, like opposing Alakazam, Latios, and smacks Jellicent and Celebi. Grass knot is another option to better hit Tyranitar while Hitting Gastrodon, but you miss out on huge Ferro damage.

:bw/Latios: Latios :bw/latios:
Paper Plane (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Recover​
Latios is the second member of the Psyspam duo, with Choice scarf letting it act as a revenge killer. Draco meteor plus Surf hits most of the metagame for at least neutral damage, and Trick cripples slow and bulky walls once you have exhausted the Luxury of a fast revenge killer. Recover is to reward tricking a Scarf onto a Ferrothorn, and lets Latios be a bulky Wallbreaker once it has revenge-killed what it needs to. Recover also lets Latios preserve a crucial check to Keldeo.
Latios ./ico-a_old_381.gif

Ferrothorn ./ani_bw-S_598.gif
Ferrothorn
Ferrothorn ./ani_bw-S_598.gif

Lego Bricks (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave​
Ferrothorn is a better check to Latios and Water types, but it also functions as a spikes setter, with Landorus letting Ferrothorn use a 4th moveslot over Stealth Rock. Knock off removes Leftovers from opposing ferrothorn, which is crucial because both Psychic types can't OHKO Ferrothorn or put pressure on it without both hazards and no lefties. Power Whip hits Politoed and both of the most excellent spinners, 3HKOing both Tentacruel and Excadrill. Gyro ball hits a lot of the sweepers that can come in on non-Gyro Ferrothorn and sweep with ease, such as Sub Kyurem Black and Dragon Dance Dragonite. Thunder Wave is another option to cripple non-lum Volcarona.

:bw/landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian :bw/landorus-therian:
The Attic (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
Landorus-Therian is a key Ground immunity because of it's Intimidate abillity which nerfs physical attackers like Excadrill and Dragonite, and Stealth Rock setting is nice. Earthquake is it's STAB, hitting most super effective targets well enough, and U-Turn helps keep the momentum in your favor. HP Ice hits most Flyers and dragons for good damage, notably hitting a lot of 4x Ice weak set up sweepers like Dragonite and Garchomp. Stealth rock lets Ferrothorn run a better move, and can be used when predicting a switch.
Landorus Therian Forme ./ico-a_old_645-therian.gif

:bw/jellicent: Jellicent :bw/jellicent:
Pringles (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Night Shade​
Jellicent is one of the best water immunes in the game, and fits quite nice here against the onslaught of Scald spammers like Politoed, Keldeo, and Gastrodon. Jellicent also acts as Anti-hazard control with taunt, outspeeding slow walls and preventing them from setting hazards or recovery. Being a ghost type blocks rapid spin, letting Alakazam and Latios continue breaking down teams. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers, and Recover lets Jellicent keep spinblocking and absorbing scalds. Night shade is for general good damage.
Tyranitar ./ico-a_old_248.gif Alakazam ./ico-a_old_065.gif Latios ./ico-a_old_381.gif Ferrothorn ./ico-a_old_598.gif Landorus Therian Forme ./ico-a_old_645-therian.gif
Jellicent ./ico-a_old_593_m.gif

Shoutouts to Monai for helping me with the team, and BWcord for helping me improve on my gameplay. Also shoutouts to Finchinator for eliminating that bastard Cloyster, which would probably steamroll this team depending on the set. Also I want to give a special thank you to Dababy2 for being the goat, I'm aiming for that spot on your team next ADPL. Also shoutouts to Triple Axel Blaze, Mixnite, Tahat, and all the other BKCPL teammates for Azugang, I appreciate being a part of the team :) (also I don't know how to mention people on forums, so this is the best i have to offer my appreciation.)​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)