Ability: Well-Baked Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect
Dachsbun is physically defensive. I put Wish on in case I get low HP, even though Leftovers should help. I ran protect so I can regain my HP from Wish without dying before I have a chance. Wish can be used to heal other Pokemon if I switch to them, ofc. Draining Kiss I added just bc it's stab and regens HP as well, and Stomping Tantrum is there to counter Poison/Steel types. If I am really in trouble against Poison or Steel types, I can Tera Ground to resist them and get STAB on Stomping Tantrum. Air Balloons may be a problem, tho.

Houndstone (M) @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Fluffy
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Shadow Ball
- Play Rough
- Ice Fang
Hounstone is supposed to be Bulky. I gave him the Blunder Policy in case Ice Fang or Play Rough misses, just as an added bonus to compensate for the missed move. Fluffy will help him take more hits. I ran Crunch just because it is good. I would have put Last Respects instead of Shadow Ball, but apparently that is banned in OU. Play Rough is to counter Dark types, and Ice Fang is just for some more type variety and to hopefully freeze/flinch. I didn't really see any reason to not make him Tera Ghost, but really I think it could be better. If there is a Fire type, I'm in trouble maybe bc of Fluffy, but I can switch to Dachsbun with Well Baked Body.

Houndoom (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unnerve
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Ball
Houndoom I ran specially, so I gave him an Assault Vest because he only has damaging moves. Unnerve seemed to be the best ability bc I'm not to sure how Early Bird works. STAB Crunch should be good, and Sucker Punch is for some "guaranteed" hits, plus also STAB. Flamethrower is more STAB and I might inflict burn, and Shadow Ball is to counter Fighting types. He does resist Bug and Fairy bc he is Fairy, so that is a big plus. He does have weaknesses, though, so I have to be careful.

Arcanine-Hisui (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Power Gem
- Flame Charge
- Stealth Rock
So with Arcanine, Intimidate seemed the best option for the ability. Normal Gem and Tera Normal are to hit hard with Extreme Speed, which i can see turning out really well. This may be my most common lead mon bc it has the only hazards. If only having Stealth Rocks and only on one mon is a disadvantage, please tell me. Power Gem is for STAB more than anything else, and Flame Charge is STAB as well but also boosts speed, which i love. E-Speed is my main strat here tho, and i think it is a good one.

Lucario (M) Lansat Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Bullet Punch
- Dragon Pulse
- Swords Dance
Lucario... I gave him a Lansat Berry because it seems really good tbh and i haven't seen much of it, if any at all. Tera Water is just to throw them off, and also to resist any Fire moves if i predict them. Aura Sphere... how could you NOT give Lucario Aura Sphere? He is literally the Aura Pokemon! It is also nice bc no accuracy check. Bullet Punch is STAB + priority, with i think is really cool. Dragon Pulse is just to hit hard, not really much going there, if you suggest any other moves that will be the one i replace. Swords Dance is for boosting attack if i need it.

Zamazenta @ Life Orb
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Fire Fang
- Trailblaze
- Brick Break
Last but definitely not least, we have Zamazenta. He's physical so i gave him Life Orb, just so he hits hard. Trailblaze gives me more coverage and also raises my speed, and I think speed is really immportant. Body Press is to utilitize his high Defense stat, and is also STAB. Brick Break is also STAB, and destroying screens is a bonus. if i am overdoing the STAB, please let me know. Fire Fang is for butn or flinch. And Dauntless Shield is his only ability so...

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Hi there
This is clearly a fun team with a bunch of dogs, I won't break up the pack but I will give you some better sets for them. In general you should stick to either all physical or all special for attacking sets and don't mix them.

:Dachsbun:
Dachsbun @ Leftovers
Ability: Well-Baked Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Tera Type: Water
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Roar
- Wish
- Protect
This set makes you a better wall and uses Play Rough as your best offensive option. This will keep your team healthy and will be a great switch in to Dragapult.

:Houndstone:
Houndstone @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak
- Body Press
- Play Rough
This set helps him hit hard with a variety of moves including shadow sneak for priority. You are still bulky thanks to fluffy but now you can do some damage.

:Houndoom:
Houndoom @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Grass
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
This set allows houndoom to be your utility pokemon to shut down other leads. You will want to taunt them so they cannot put up stealth rocks or spikes, and use dark pulse or fire blast to hit them hard. This will work well against things like Skarmory. Against things that will kill you, use destiny bond to take them with you.

:Arcanine-Hisui:
Arcanine-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stealth Rock
This is his best set letting you apply more pressure while switching in more often with boots.
You already have defensive answers with your other pokemon.

:Lucario:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Shadow Ball
Since you are going special you should use this Nasty Plot set. Vacuum wave is good priority.

:Zamazenta:
Zamazenta @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
An all out attacking set for Zamazenta should look something like this. Trailblaze is not needed since he is already very fast. If something is going to out speed you you can always tera steel.

Overall you should try to focus on keeping your opponent from using hazards, hit them hard and don't let them set up, and you can revenge kill with any of your three priority moves. I hope this works well for you
Final paste -> :Dachsbun::Houndstone::Houndoom::Arcanine-Hisui::Lucario::Zamazenta:

Other dogs you could consider:
:Suicune: A great defensive pokemon that offers a water type resist which you don't currently have. Also has a more offensive version in Walking Wake
:Gouging Fire: A strong offensive pokemon with a lot of bulk. He does look a bit more like a dinosaur or lion than a dog though.
:Okidogi: A bulky strong pokemon with a useful poison typing to absorb toxic and toxic spikes.

Last edited:
Two complaints: one, I hate Choice items, do you have any other recommendations for Houndstone? And the second complaint is more a correction: Gouging Fire is a Triceratops and Suicune is a panther. Other than that, I love it! I will wait for some other people to help before I actually change it, but you have some great ideas!
P.s I will miss my E-Speed strat

Other dogs you could consider:
:Suicune: A great defensive pokemon that offers a water type resist which you don't currently have. Also has a more offensive version in Walking Wake
:Gouging Fire: A strong offensive pokemon with a lot of bulk. He does look a bit more like a dinosaur or lion than a dog though.
:Okidogi: A bulky strong pokemon with a useful poison typing to absorb toxic and toxic spikes.
Unfortunately Suicune and Entei are cats :) Suicune is based on the japanese spirit jaguar and entei is based on the chinese guardian lion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)